Help me find ideas for a big anniversary

Simba's Girl

DIS Veteran
We are planning on spending/celebrating our 20th anniversary at WL which is where we honeymooned. Our anniversary is on 12/27 and 20 years will be in 2017. DH really wants to run the WDW marathon in 2018. We are bringing our 3 DDs who will be 18,15 &11 then-obviously we're going to get a deluxe CL room at WL. Since we honeymooned there we are set on spending this big anniversary there so as soon as we can we will reserve dates (1/1-1/8/18) which overlap our original honeymoon dates by about 4 days actually. This does depend on the *actual* dates of the marathon of course!

I am looking for ideas that we can do as a family to celebrate and some unique ideas that DH & I could do alone. I must say that I am seriously on-the-fence about adding the Platinum Plan to our stay once packages for 2018 are released. You know, because on one hand Platinum is the gift for 20 years and on the other we'll have college to pay for beginning Fall 2018. This will definitely be the last big vacation we take as a family for the foreseeable future as well so there's that too. We are not WDW newbies at all, my oldest has been there at least 12 times in her current 17 years of age last time we went was 8/2015

Thanks!

What about a private fireworks cruise for the family? And for the two of you maybe a horse drawn carriage ride at French quarter or a dinner at victoria and Alberts? (Budget permitting)

I would only add the Platinum Plan if you don't plan to spend any time in the parks, and even then, it is pretty much impossible to do everything you're paying that Platinum fee for in one trip.

How about a private catered event, like an IllumiNations dessert party or dinner? I have information on planning a UK dessert party and a Tower of Terror Dinner here: http://disneytravelbabble.com/how-to/private-party/

I also have a podcast episode with all the same info, plus an interview with a woman who followed her dessert party with a character meet-n-greet and crazy-over-the-top cake in Morocco: http://disneyweddingpodcast.com/2016/07/06/how-to-plan-a-small-private-event-at-walt-disney-world/

What about a private fireworks cruise for the family? And for the two of you maybe a horse drawn carriage ride at French quarter or a dinner at victoria and Alberts? (Budget permitting)

We did the Pontoon Fire works cruise in 2014 for a big birthday of mine, it was great, there were 8 of us total, 6 adults and 2 kids.
We left from the Polynesian dock after dinner at O'Hana, it was a chilly night but the boat captain brought out nice warm blankets for us.
I believe at the time was the cost was $350, the view made it worth every penny!

I agree with the Fireworks Cruise. We did this a few years ago for our 5 year anniversary with a few of our friends that had come down to celebrate with us. We also had dinner at 'Ohana prior to the cruise. I had booked this as a surprise for our guests and even my DH. It was a great experience.

We are coming up in 2 years on our 10 year anniversary and we are thinking about a Private IllumiNations Dessert Party. It all depends on how many guests we have coming with us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter