Help me decided which hotel....

MG3G

Mouseketeer
I've been having a REALLY hard time choosing a place to stay off site for three weeks next Feb for 8 people.

I have finally narrowed things down to a "short list" and would like suggestions on these options and/or addition ones I haven't thought of.

Budget is about $150/night.

1) Cypres Point Resort - three bedroom
2) Polynesian Isles Phase 4 - two bedroom
3) Parkway International - two bedroom
4) Mystic Dunes - 2 bedroom
5) Celebration Suites - 3 bedroom
6) Staysky - 2 bedroom
7) Orbit One Vacation Villas - 2 bedroom
9) Bryan's Spanish Cove - 2 bedroom

I don't really understand "where" things are in relation to each other but we would like to be no more than say 20 minutes from the parks, in safe area, with "things to do" for a senior who isn't going into the parks all the days we are.

first of all these are not hotels - but timeshares/condo.

Cypress point - is nice. it has activities but mostly for the kids.
Parkway International - might fit what you want - but it is farther away than I like
same for Mystic Dunes
not familiar with Celebration Suites or Staysky - don't know what these are.
Orbit One Vacation Villas is really, really close to AK - it does not have a lot to do - but the area around it does - you will have to drive mostly.
Bryan's Spanish Cove is nice - it is also the street (highway) from Sheraton Vistana Resort - only stayed there once - everything was clean and they did have stuff to do on the lake. If that is what you are interested in doing. It and Cypress Point are both close to Disney Springs.
Kept in mind Disney does have free stuff to do that everyone can do at their resorts/parks - just ask.

Do you mind if I ask WHY these are the options you have to choose from? Are you a timeshare owner making an exchange to stay in Orlando? The reason I ask is because the resorts on your list are less popular resort choices, but they are NOT bad places. I do appreciate SpiceyCat's response in detail. If you give a little more info on why these are your choices, and if you are open to other suggestions. For a family of 8, yes a 2 bedroom will do, but a 3 bedroom may be better depending on the age ranges.

Now, I haven't been to any of the above resorts, but based on reading other reviews, if it were me I would probably choose Cypress Point because of how close it is to a Disney Entrance. I believe it the Hotel Blvd entrance off of 535. I would avoid Celebration Suites completely!!! Now someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I don't believe StaySky Suites have balconies, and that is an ABSOLUTE MUST-HAVE for me and my family.

Hi there, stayed at Cypress its great. But for 3 weeks you may get tired of it after awhile. Like the location. Mystic dubes, nice enough but no outside hot tubs, which my family likes having. Polynesian, location & not a nice area.
As far as resorts go there is nicer ones for that price. I really like Orange Lake.

Hi there, stayed at Cypress its great. But for 3 weeks you may get tired of it after awhile. Like the location. Mystic dubes, nice enough but no outside hot tubs, which my family likes having. Polynesian, location & not a nice area.
As far as resorts go there is nicer ones for that price. I really like Orange Lake.

Hi Callie (GreenClan).....I know you LOVE ORANGE LAKE. I am STILL trying to book a week there myself. Almost had a week at River Island but that's another story on another thread :rolleyes::rolleyes1. I wonder if the OP on this thread has a reason for the resorts listed. I am waiting for more detail. However.....I am NOT going to hijack this thread, but I have to admit Orange Lake is back on our list again this year. Wish I could guarantee a Tennis Villa unit. I am STILL NOT A FAN of the open air patios in West Village. We will see what happens this year.:goodvibes

she mentioned a budget per night - which a timeshare would not have. think she is trying to rent one. and does not know of the discount sites.

$150 a night can get you a lot of places. For 3 weeks, I would only want to be in a house (personal choice). I would do 2-3 different places for change of scenery. Otherwise, there would need to be a heck of a lot to do at the resort.

$150 a night can get you a lot of places. For 3 weeks, I would only want to be in a house (personal choice). I would do 2-3 different places for change of scenery. Otherwise, there would need to be a heck of a lot to do at the resort.

A house would be a good idea but sometimes housing developments don't have as many activities for kids as the timeshare resorts. I think the timeshare resorts place more focus on entertainment. I know alot of people do not like Westgate because of the shady sales pitches and business practices, but I have to admit that Westgate has the BEST pool activities for guests hands down. If you don't know the moves of the latest line dances, you will know at least one after staying at a Westgate resort for a week. I've stayed at Westgate, Bonnet Creek, Regal Palms, BlueGreen Fountains and Westgate has them beat HANDS DOWN !!!! The craft center, the poolside Bingo and Beer for adults, the movie theater inside Westgate Town Center and the poolside movies at night. Thats why I want to go to Orange Lake. I think Orange Lake may be a resort to give Westgate a Run for the money!!! I have a DD10 who can't get enough of poolside activities and although she LOVES Bonnet Creek Resort, Westgate is STILL her favorite!!!

Hi Callie (GreenClan).....I know you LOVE ORANGE LAKE. I am STILL trying to book a week there myself. Almost had a week at River Island but that's another story on another thread :rolleyes::rolleyes1. I wonder if the OP on this thread has a reason for the resorts listed. I am waiting for more detail. However.....I am NOT going to hijack this thread, but I have to admit Orange Lake is back on our list again this year. Wish I could guarantee a Tennis Villa unit. I am STILL NOT A FAN of the open air patios in West Village. We will see what happens this year.:goodvibes
Send me a PM....tennis villas isnt a problem.

A house would be a good idea but sometimes housing developments don't have as many activities for kids as the timeshare resorts. I think the timeshare resorts place more focus on entertainment. I know alot of people do not like Westgate because of the shady sales pitches and business practices, but I have to admit that Westgate has the BEST pool activities for guests hands down. If you don't know the moves of the latest line dances, you will know at least one after staying at a Westgate resort for a week. I've stayed at Westgate, Bonnet Creek, Regal Palms, BlueGreen Fountains and Westgate has them beat HANDS DOWN !!!! The craft center, the poolside Bingo and Beer for adults, the movie theater inside Westgate Town Center and the poolside movies at night. Thats why I want to go to Orange Lake. I think Orange Lake may be a resort to give Westgate a Run for the money!!! I have a DD10 who can't get enough of poolside activities and although she LOVES Bonnet Creek Resort, Westgate is STILL her favorite!!!
And funny i did a 3 bdrm at Westgate town centre about 4 years ago and wont go back. Just me. I didnt care for it. Just never felt vacationy too me. Not sure why. Now OL total.opposite.

probably because Westgate charges you for their activities. You can generally get Westgate cheap - which is why I gave mind away - no takers in the sales area - Westgate over charges for everything - especially their owners the fees then were close to $700 for one week - regardless of when the week was. that was around 10 years ago.

DVC is the only timeshare that I have that is worth that amount of money. my opinion.

Do you mind if I ask WHY these are the options you have to choose from? Are you a timeshare owner making an exchange to stay in Orlando? The reason I ask is because the resorts on your list are less popular resort choices, but they are NOT bad places. I do appreciate SpiceyCat's response in detail. If you give a little more info on why these are your choices, and if you are open to other suggestions. For a family of 8, yes a 2 bedroom will do, but a 3 bedroom may be better depending on the age ranges.

Now, I haven't been to any of the above resorts, but based on reading other reviews, if it were me I would probably choose Cypress Point because of how close it is to a Disney Entrance. I believe it the Hotel Blvd entrance off of 535. I would avoid Celebration Suites completely!!! Now someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I don't believe StaySky Suites have balconies, and that is an ABSOLUTE MUST-HAVE for me and my family.

Hi - THANK YOU! These are the ones I have found so far that are in our budget and fit us - lol. Most of them came from one website I found - I had no idea they were timeshares. One came from an airline that had packages, the other is a good neighbour DW hotel which I had no idea existed.

I've messaged three travel agents, asked on three facebook groups, talked to one timeshare owner, lady that rents out houses, and on here and I am literally getting no-where. People keep saying "rent from VBRO or AirBNB" but they don't say which units specifically. OR they don't get back to me at all, or if they DO get back to me they are WAY out of budget. Or they say, "stay on site" lol.

What I am looking for is a place that sleeps 8 - (ideally not on a couch, but at this point I've looked at about 100 hotels so I am at the point that I really don't care if we sleep in our car - lol)

We are going to be there for between 21 and 28 nights - still debating if we are taking a week to go to the Keys or not.

We would prefer a shuttle but that isn't a deal breaker. Free parking. Washer and Dryer in suite is wonderful. IF there is free breakfast that would be cool - the Staysky I got direct from the DW site has that. I'm leery of staying in a house rental from a single private owner because anything can happen to the house between now and next Feb - so I would prefer somewhere that they could just give us a different room/rental. At least one Queen or King bed - DH and I can't do a double bed for a month - I don't love him that much - lol.

It needs to be clean, safe, and in an area that we feel comfortable with kids. I like the idea of the resort places because Grandma isn't going to the parks most days we are and it would be nice for her to be able to putter around a pool or garden etc. We are doing 14 days at DW and she is only doing 4.

Our original plan was to stay at Fort Wilderness but we decided not to drive this portion of the trip any more and the cost of a trailer rental seems to be more than just staying off site. If someone knows of cheaper trailer rentals that would be great!

Thank you! Sorry this is so long! I REALLY appreciate help! Or even a good travel agent that will actually follow through! I've been looking at hotels all my spare time for the past two weeks and I'm really tired :(

Hi - THANK YOU! These are the ones I have found so far that are in our budget and fit us - lol. Most of them came from one website I found - I had no idea they were timeshares. One came from an airline that had packages, the other is a good neighbour DW hotel which I had no idea existed.

I've messaged three travel agents, asked on three facebook groups, talked to one timeshare owner, lady that rents out houses, and on here and I am literally getting no-where. People keep saying "rent from VBRO or AirBNB" but they don't say which units specifically. OR they don't get back to me at all, or if they DO get back to me they are WAY out of budget. Or they say, "stay on site" lol.

What I am looking for is a place that sleeps 8 - (ideally not on a couch, but at this point I've looked at about 100 hotels so I am at the point that I really don't care if we sleep in our car - lol)

We are going to be there for between 21 and 28 nights - still debating if we are taking a week to go to the Keys or not.

We would prefer a shuttle but that isn't a deal breaker. Free parking. Washer and Dryer in suite is wonderful. IF there is free breakfast that would be cool - the Staysky I got direct from the DW site has that. I'm leery of staying in a house rental from a single private owner because anything can happen to the house between now and next Feb - so I would prefer somewhere that they could just give us a different room/rental. At least one Queen or King bed - DH and I can't do a double bed for a month - I don't love him that much - lol.

It needs to be clean, safe, and in an area that we feel comfortable with kids. I like the idea of the resort places because Grandma isn't going to the parks most days we are and it would be nice for her to be able to putter around a pool or garden etc. We are doing 14 days at DW and she is only doing 4.

Our original plan was to stay at Fort Wilderness but we decided not to drive this portion of the trip any more and the cost of a trailer rental seems to be more than just staying off site. If someone knows of cheaper trailer rentals that would be great!

Thank you! Sorry this is so long! I REALLY appreciate help! Or even a good travel agent that will actually follow through! I've been looking at hotels all my spare time for the past two weeks and I'm really tired :(

Hi there, I have pm'ed you to try to give you some insight, hope it helps.

Ok....I see a post that GreenClan sent you a PM with some ideas and suggestions. I happen to know GreenClan LOVES Orange Lake Resort and I have to say, Orange Lake may be a VERY GOOD option. I don't know much about the other resorts you listed, but I toured Orange Lake and I can't wait to stay there one day. Anyway.....I am going to suggest a 3 bedroom instead of a 2 bedroom because it looks like with 8 people you will fill a 2 bedroom to full capacity. If you are staying longer than a week, things may become TIGHT and uncomfortable for EVERYONE so I would really suggest a 3 bedroom. If you choose Orange Lake, I believe the Tennis Villas have 3 bedroom units and GRANDMA can have her own bedroom, and you and hubby will have a KING size bed with Jacuzzi tub, private master bathroom. The kids will have a bedroom with 2 queen size beds and a bull out sofa in the living room that will sleep 2 people. Whether it's Orange Lake or anywhere else go for a 3 bedroom.

Now...where can you find a unit. Well GREENCLAN can be a GREAT resource to help with Orange Lake. I really do suggest you reach out to her. I don't know her personally, but judging by her posts and comments, she is a bundle of information and she really does enjoy helping people. Now if you want other options besides Orange Lake, then I suggest using Redweek.com. You pay a very small fee for an annual membership but you can rent timeshares directly from timeshare owners. The prices are FAR better than hotel websites. Also, if you rent from owners, you are considered a guest of that owner, so you get all of the "owner" perks.

About Grandma......now this is another reason why I must agree with Orange Lake being an option to consider. There is a FREE shuttle that runs thru the resort to transport you from one area to another. While you guys are at Disney, Grandma will be able to get around the resort. There are many pools for her to choose from. She won't be limited to just sitting by a pool either. Greenclan can probably point you in the direction of where you can find an activity schedule for the time of year you are going.

About the kids, I don't know the ages of the kids, but Orange Lake along with other timeshare resorts are LOADED with activiites for the kids. I have a DD10, and she would much rather be at the timeshare resort pool and activities than spending DAYS at Disney. She doesn't mind going to Disney for 3 or 4 days....but she wants to enjoy the resorts too. It's part of her vacation to participate in hula-hoop contests, line dancing, pool races, pool volleyball, arts and crafts. So, be prepared for your kids to want to do stuff at the resort too.

Lastly, YOU CAN DO THIS !!!! It may be a little tedious but planning should be fun !!! You will have TONS of support here. There are plenty here that LOVE To help with advice and suggestions. Judging from my post, it looks like I am one of them too!!! :flower3::wave:

We just stayed at Orbit one for a couple of nights. It was clean and very close to Animal Kingdom. I did not see any organized activities and it is very small. Plus, no restaurant at all on site. Plenty nearby though. It was fine for a couple of days but I think you would get tired of it quickly. Mystic Dunes is better. It is on a golf course and has a shuttle to the parks and planned activities. In the same area is a community called Windsor Hills that has condos, townhouses and houses for rent. I think for a 3 week stay I might consider that. We have rented there many times. Look on www.closesttodisney.com or vacation central Florida to see some of those properties

THANK YOU! I messaged them to see if they can help with my search!

The Seven Dwarfs Village might work for us! Anyone have reviews on it?

Also really THANK YOU to everyone who is helping me with this!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter