Help me decide where to stay

jjarman

DIS Veteran
Help me please. Our next trip is June, 2004. It will just be me and DS who will be almost 14 then. I had thought we would just stay at PO/FQ again but if it is not available then my options are open. Here are my considerations.

1. We spent most of our time last trip at MGM and Epcot (well, not as much at Epcot but I plan on spending more time there this trip) so a resort that is close to both would be good.

2. I like the idea of a monorail resort because I love riding it and the thought of riding it every day to Epcot sounds so fun.

3. I don't want to walk far to eat or catch a bus to a park.

4. Atmosphere is not that really important to me.

5. Price is important to me. I figure I would make the initial reservation at a moderate and hope that a really good code comes out for a deal at a deluxe.

6. DS loves to swim and liked the pool at CS but also the pool at WL.

So, which moderate and which deluxe do you think best fits my bill?

Thanks a bunch.

My very limited experience and from gleaning loads of info from other posters I would lean this way....
Moderates- try Caribbean Beach Resort
Deluxe- Contemporary Resort has good deals sometimes but their pool area may not appeal as much to your son as Boardwalk Inn or Beach Club... I think a 14 year old would love the Stormalong Bay- check out their really long slide at the WDW Resorts page. Boardwalk has a 360 degree slide that goes in 3 loops- really cool too- they're both close to Epcot but not accessible to monorail- Contemporary has monorail and BC/BWI you can walk to Epcot I believe.

HTH
Tara

YC/BC - Great location with back entrance to EC & boat to MGM, The best pool on property. It is sooo good that they check id. Can be expensive so check mousesavers.

Poly - Monorail, great views, close walk to TTC

Moderate - POR, very nice resort, great food court.

You kind of sound like a candidate for the Swan or Dolphin to me. Good rates and discounts, not so Disney atmosphere, nice lagoon pool area, walking distance to MGM and Epcot, and lots of restaurants in the area. Perhaps you should check the thread here on the DIS. Diana

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter