Help Me Decide!! Jiko, Yachtsman, or Bistro....

Tinkerbelll

Mouseketeer
We are doing free dining and have an ADR for Yachtsman Steakhouse but, after reading some reviews, I am having second thoughts! We're trying to eat at only places we've never eaten before, and these were the 3 "2-credit" restaurants we came up with... Jiko, Yachtsman, or Bistro de Paris. So where have you had the best meal? Where would you eat?:confused3

I havent done the Yachtsman - but have seen the same reviews. My meal at the Bistro was incredible. Jiko is supposed to be amazing. The best meal I have ever had - and I eat at signature restaurants there a lot - go for the food! would be a tossup between the Brown Derby and California Grill. I was really surprised by the Derby. Totally excellent. And the CA Grill - is known to be the best 5 star on property.... And my meal lived up to that reputation. Going to go again this month to both!!! And am trying Jiko.

Hi - Mine might be one of the recent reviews you read for Yachtsman. Tho I haven't yet tried the other two, I would take Yachtsman out of the running in your decision. We had better meals in many other restaurants on our recent ten night stay!

My personal choice would be Bistro, just for a bit easier location access - unless you're staying at AKL..

Enjoy!

I havent dined at the others but my 4 experiences at YSH in the past 3 years have all been absolutley amazing!

I was very much under-whelmed by Jiko. I was disappointed that the menu wasn't a little more adventurous.

The food was excellent, and we had a very enjoyable meal with good service. But I can't say it was significantly better than many of the non-signature restaurants we also tried. Le Cellier, Coral Reef, and Alfredo's all held their own and were equal to Jiko with regard to food and service.

The one thing I will say for Jiko is that it's nice and quiet. Things are a little more relaxed, and we were able to enjoy a nice conversation. Was that worth the additional credit? We decided afterward it was not. We love Boma and will be planning on that as our AKL restaurant of choice in the future.

Bistro de Paris is not on the dining plan so you'd need to pay OOP if you choose that one. Jiko would be my choice although i really enjoyed my meal at the Yachtsman it was a couple of years ago.

We've eaten at all of them...hands down, JIKO!! Bistro's filet doesn't come close to JIKO's. We love Jiko!:thumbsup2

Very "not" impressed with YSH in recent years and Bistro hasn't lived up to par for us either. If you're going to splurge on filet go for Jiko's, there's nothing else like it. The mac n cheese combo is so awesome and unique... Their tomato, cucumber and onion salad, salmon dish and flatbreads are also great treats. I think they have a unique menu actually, so don't know about it being "non" adventurous??:confused3

All three of these are great choices. I wouldn't cancel my Yachtsman reservations though. I've had lots of good experiences there.

Love them all, but if you have never been there, Jiko is the way to go. Great food and a wonderful wine list.

I vote for Jiko. :thumbsup2 Our meal at Yachtsman last December was very poor and over priced. I doubt we will go back for awhile...

Bistro de Paris is not on the dining plan so you'd need to pay OOP if you choose that one.

Wow! I can't believe I missed this detail! Now that you mention it, I seem to remember reading this somewhere, but it must have slipped my mind! Either way, I don't think we will be paying OOP for this because if I'm on the DDP, the only meal I want to whip out the cash for is V&A's Chef's Table! And I'm still working on DBF for this one....if your reading this hunnie, hint hint! :rotfl: So I guess it's Jiko or Yachtsman.... I already have the ADR for Yachtsman, but Jiko sounds wonderful! Uh-o.... decisions, decisions....

I really enjoy eating at Yachtsman's, it has been a favorite of ours for years. It is a sentimental favorite. I enjoy Jiko as well. I love the atmosphere there.

I can't give any help with all of your choices but we had dinner at Jiko last night and it was wonderful! The filet mignon was the best I've ever had..it was so buttery and yummy and grilled to perfection. We loved everything we had there!

Just wondering what the OP finally decided on and how the experience was.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter