help me decide, 3 or 4 day

Ninja4

Earning My Ears
Hi! We are going to Disneyland in 2 weeks and I'm trying to decide whether we should have 3 or 4 day park hoppers.
We arrive on Sunday before Thanksgiving at 11 am at LAX. We're coming directly from a wedding, which will mean we will be pretty tired. We'll be at the parks Mon, Tues, and Wed, with max pass for sure and I know it's suppossed to be packed on those days.
Should we go on Sunday too even though it'll be a shorter day? I can't imagine getting to the parks before 2 and I might be a little optimistic at that.
Please help...I'm leaning towards going but hubby doesn't think it's worth it.
And, if you think it's worth going, any tips on how to make the best of such a late day with no max pass?
Thanks!!!

We will have max passes for 3 days. Will it help the first day? It sounds like passes are gone by the time we get to the parks? Maybe I'm wrong...

We will have max passes for 3 days. Will it help the first day? It sounds like passes are gone by the time we get to the parks? Maybe I'm wrong...

Here's what to do: This coming Sunday, go on the app around the time you'll be arriving at the park during your trip. See what FPs are available, knowing it's not a perfect predictor, and make your decision. You can also look on your way into the park and decide on the spot.

I would get three-day hoppers and make your decision when you arrive based on how you feel and how busy the parks look (check the app for ride wait times and fast pass availability to gauge this). If you decide to go to the parks on Sunday just upgrade to four-day hoppers at some point during your trip.

I guess it depends on how you are feeling when you arrive. I'd go on the ap and check for fp availability and decide then. It'll be longer hours at DLR so going into the park, seeing the holiday decorations and riding a few favorite rides in the afternoon/evening using maxpass could be a really nice start to your time.

Go Sunday and get all the shows in like fantastic and the fireworks then go all out on all the other attractions the other days so you can fit everything in.

It never hurts to have an extra day to see fireworks, in case the show gets cancelled the other days of your trip. And if you can get a TS reservation -- enjoy a relaxing meal in the parks, then have a nice evening looking at the holiday decorations. It can be a very fun way to kick off your trip in a relaxed way.

Should we go on Sunday too even though it'll be a shorter day?
FWIW (and I know you'll arrive later in the day), I go every Sunday and they're almost always awesome. Crowds are reasonable and something else to think about: Sunday might be the only night that they'll do fireworks. And as @Winnowill points out, you can get a four-day ticket for only a few $$ more than a three-day. I'd absolutely go for it!

Thanks everyone. I think I will go ahead and do the 4 day. It's roughly $90 more to add the day and you all are right, at least we can get some things like pictures and fireworks done (though fireworks and fantasmic are supposed to happen each day, we can see it multiple times if nothing else.
Thanks all! I'm so excited!!!!!

I, too, say get the 4th day! I would book a late lunch/early dinner at Carnation Cafe and ask to be seated outside (if weather is good) to watch the hustle and bustle from Main Street. No matter how tired we are from driving in from AZ, we end up in the parks because we are so excited to be there.

We have done 3 day for 3 years in a row. We are usually kind of done by the middle of the third day. By that point, we have done everything we really wanted to do at least once and are getting tired. We go there with a toddler, though, so it is extra tiring/hectic. 4 day sounds good if only doing half days each time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter