Help Me Choose My Week in 2008!!!

Maukey

Mouseketeer
Okay, I've narrowed my choices down to:

1) The 1st Week of March (Fri. Feb 29 - Sun. Mar 9)
** This is the week of my Birthday and my Wife's Spring Break is Mar 3 - Mar 9 :cool1:

2) Mid August (Sat. Aug 9 - Wed. Aug 20)
** This is right before my Wife's college classes kick back up

3) 1st Week of September (Fri. Aug 29 - Sun. Sept 7)
** Labor Day Week and possibly Free Dining :yay:

4) Week After Thanksgiving (Sat. Nov 29 - Sun. Dec 7)
** Like the idea of Christmas time, but my Wife will have to miss a week of school :rolleyes1

Okay, I need some opinions from you experts. I'm looking for mainly Low Crowds and Nice Weather (NOT TOO HOT). This will be my dream vacation, so I will probably be staying in the Contemporary with a Magic Kingdom View Room. Also keep in mind that My Wife and I will be bringing our 14, 9 and 1 yr old children; the reason for the low crowds and nice weather requests. No matter what week we choose, they'll have to miss about a week of school if we want the lowest crowds possible, so that's NOT an issue for us (We have 2 All "A" students :woohoo: ). Please give me your pick for us.

Thanks in Advance

I say go the first week of March! Up here in the NE, we are off Pres Week, so we'll all be gone by then. But the Easter people won't be there yet. It may be a little chilly in the morning though. But to me that means good park weather.

My second choice would be the week after T'giving. I hear it's not crowded then.

The other two choices are my least favorite. I'm not a heat and humidity person.

1) The 1st Week of March (Fri. Feb 29 - Sun. Mar 9)
Easter is March 23rd next year, I'm not sure how that'll affect the crowd level, but a lot of spring breaks at schools will be close to that time.

2) Mid August (Sat. Aug 9 - Wed. Aug 20)
Schools are not quite back in session and some may choose this time to take this time as their last summer fling. Also very hot.

3) 1st Week of September (Fri. Aug 29 - Sun. Sept 7)
This is the 3rd year for free dining. I have high hopes for it next year too. It's hot! but doable. We went this time frame last year and the crowds were non existent. So many walk on rides. Just remember to make ADR ASAP

4) Week After Thanksgiving (Sat. Nov 29 - Sun. Dec 7)
With DW missing school, it wouldn't be as much fun if she's worried about having to make up work. Beautiful weather and low crowds though.

I helped a lot didn't I :rotfl2:

Of the times you listed I would do September, low crowds and free food! 2nd choice is the week after Thanksgiving. Low crowds and cool weather.

Hands down...the week after Thanksgiving. We have been this time of year several times and it's just magical!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's not to be missed - I promise! The crowds are great, the weather is just about perfect, the Christmas decorations are up along with all of the extra special stuff and it just makes Disney even more wonderful than it already is! Need I say more?? ;)

P.S. If you are looking for not too hot then you can mark August off your list for certain. August in Florida is pretty bad especially if you don't like the heat. Sept. is questionable as well. The heat and humidity are just awful. I lived in Tampa for over 10 years and we literally ran from the air conditioned house to the air conditioned car to the air conditioned office back to the air conditioned car, etc. during this time of the year. If you don't like the heat...stay away from Florida's kitchen. ;)

Without a doubt the week after Thanksgiving! That is our favorite time..Crowds are light, Christmas decorations are beautiful:santa: , and the weather is great (although it may be too cold for waterparks)

I so agree with the humidity in the summer. Talk about frizzy hair!!! I started wearing a hat and using hand lotion to grease it down to a dull roar. LOL

Thanks everyone for your responses. Okay, so now you've narrowed my choices down to the 1st week of March, and the week after Thanksgiving. I would appreciate some more advice and responses.

Thanks

Thanks everyone for your responses. Okay, so now you've narrowed my choices down to the 1st week of March, and the week after Thanksgiving. I would appreciate some more advice and responses.

Thanks

What part of the country are you from? We love hopping on a plane when there is a foot of snow on the ground and three hours later seeing palm trees. :goodvibes

What part of the country are you from? We love hopping on a plane when there is a foot of snow on the ground and three hours later seeing palm trees. :goodvibes
I'm from Georgia, my family and I drive down. It's so beautiful driving down to Disney and seeing all the signs of all your favorite attractions for the entire 6 hour drive, it's very magical and gets my family and I even more excited.

We're planning on going from Feb 28 till March 9 so we're hoping that the crowds are manageable.We've gone right before Thanksgiving and it's nice with the decorations and all.

I would like to hear more opinions on the crowd level during the first week of March as well. But if people say that my experience will be greater if I go the week after Thanksgiving, then I guess I'll just go then. It's just that it's so hard to wait that long. If I go in March then it's less than a year away, but if I wait until the week after Thanksgiving, then we're talking forever :eek: . I don't think I'll be able to make it that long with no Disney :headache:

Crowds won't be bad at all the first week of March. The vast majority of the country has spring break later in the month. You can also have some nice weather. We went one year mid-March and the crowds weren't bad at all.

We were in Florida in March this year & the weather was gorgeous; we were also in St Pete, Fl March 3-6 of 2001 for my Dad's 70 th & it was cool & rainy, so I guess it could go either way. My best friend & her family visited WDW in March 2006 & said there were low crowd levels & the weather was pleasant. We've also been to WDW after Thanksgiving, great weather, warm during the day 70's/low 80's & cool in the evening. The Friday/Saturday of Thanksgiving weekend were very crowded, but it seemed that a lot of people checked out on Sunday & parks were a lot less crowded. Have a great trip! (Maybe you could buy annual passes & go twice in 2008!). :)

I'm a school teacher and our Feb break is always the last week of Feb through the Tuesday of the first week of March. The crowd levels are not bad and the weather is pleasant. From a teacher's perspective you don't want school on the brain (tougher to miss work, that is, than go during your vacation). Enjoy!

FYI- I just thought you might want to know that the National All Star Cheerleading Championships are the weekend of March 8-9.( MGM and WWoS) Most teams will be arriving on the 5th or 6th.

We were there this year and it wasn't as bad as I thought it might be. I would stay away from the All Stars and you should be fine. We watched some of the Level 5 teams and they are amazing!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter