Help me be a FL resident and get discount!

Discussion in 'Budget Board' started by mrsbballref, Jun 21, 2004.

  1. mrsbballref

    mrsbballref Mouseketeer

    May 11, 2000
    I need to know how or if this is possible....
    My primary residence is in NC. However,
    a relative and I have a house in Riverview, FL,
    right outside of Tampa, that we co-own
    together. They live in the house year round
    right now. We bought it together as an
    investment. My name is on the deed, tax
    records, everything.

    My question is... is there anyway I could
    claim to be a Floriday resident? I know that
    a driver's license is required to get the
    tickets. But, can I even get a driver's license,
    since I already have one in NC? Or, should
    I just forget it?

    Any ideas?
  2. missy28

    missy28 <font color=purple>unnaturly obsessed with all thi

    Nov 25, 2002
    When my friend moved there, she hadn't switched over her license yet, and all they required was a utility bill of some sort... I imagine a property tax bill with your name on it would suffice... not all people who live in florida have a driver's license!
  3. Avatar


    to hide this advert.
  4. momxx5

    momxx5 DIS Veteran

    Jul 12, 2003
    Previously, a few yrs back when we lived in FL, a FL Driver's license was needed. You would have to surrender your NC license to obtain a FL one.
  5. mom of five

    mom of five Raising a seven year old Disney expert

    Feb 8, 2003
    My mother just bought a house in Florida and would like to visit THE WORLD. Can she get FL. resident rates even though she is what we call a "snowbird"? How do you get FL. resident rates? At time of booking do you give them the code over the phone and then have to provide proof when you pick up tickets? I know she isn't going to get a FL. driver's license. Do they take, let's say, a utility bill?

    Just wondering?
  6. Miniefan

    Miniefan DIS Veteran

    Apr 12, 2004
    If you own a property or even own a p.o. box in Fl, I belive you could work something out with it. You can go to one of the DL offices here in Fl and obtain a pic id, and not a Dl license. I beliveve the cost is about $3.00, maybe you could call the Dl license offices and find out. I am not sure about all of the offices in the state but the ones here in Pensacola,Fl are always closed on Mondays. I just called and they said it had went up to $8.25 and you had to provide them with 2 proofs of id, a birth certificate, and SS card. Hope this helps you.
  7. zurgswife

    zurgswife WDW is my Shangrala...and I'm is bett

    Jan 9, 2000
    My SIL and BIL owned property in Fl...and by faxing a utility bill that had their names on it were able to purchase FL resident season passes from the ticket dept at WDW.

    So, if you have a utlity bill with your name on it you probably have a pretty good chance..
  8. ducklite

    ducklite <font color=teal>Take the Poly, it's fabulous!<br>

    Aug 17, 2000
    We bought FL resident AP's early this year. They "made an exception" and allowed us to use the deed and purchase contract on our house to prove we were "new residents" in order to avoid showing ID. They indicated that had these documents not been very recently dated, we would not have been able to do so, and warned that on renewal we had better have a FL DL or DMV ID card, the house papers were not going to be accepted.

    I asked about a tax statement, utility bill, etc., and was told that they stopped taking those this past year. You might get a different response from another CM.


    GAIL HAYDEN DVC Member since '92

    Aug 19, 1999
    In order to take advantage of the Florida Resident Offers at Walt Disney World you must show proof of Florida Residency:

    VALID Florida Drivers License

    VALID Florida State issued ID card (MUST have Florida address)

    Utility statement with the guest name and address along with a corresponding picture ID

    VALID Voters Registration Card with corresponding picture ID

    VALID Florida Based Military ID - Florida Military Bases

    Pensacola Naval Air Station
    Hurlburt Field Air Force Base
    Eglin Air Force Base
    Tyndall Air Force Base
    Panama City Coastal Systems Station (Navy)
    Jacksonville Naval Air Station
    Mayport Naval Station
    MacDill Air Force Base
    Patrick Air Force Base
    Miami Coast Guard Station
    Clearwater Coast Guard Air Station
    Homestead Air Reserve Base
    Key West Naval Air Station
    United States Southern Command (Miami)

    VALID College ID (MUST be a Florida college)

    Each adult in the party is required to have a Florida ID.

    Florida Resident tickets are only available to actual Florida Residents and can not be purchased for out of state family or friends.

    I got this info from:

    As with anything, it is subject to change.
  10. CajunDixie

    CajunDixie <font color=purple>"Carpe diem, quam minimum credu

    Nov 18, 1999
    And after seeing some of the snowbirds on their bicycles we are sooooooooo grateful some do not have a driver's license. :scared1:
  11. phamton

    phamton The Other Orlando Themepark

    Jul 20, 2002
    We got our FL PAPs in last August (10 months ago) right after we moved to Florida. We hadn't gotten a FL Drivers license yet. We showed them a picture ID (we used our TX drivers license) and a copy of our utility bills (I showed the elec. bill and the telephone bill.) We had no problem at all. We didn't have a tax or house deed as we were renting but they didn't ask for that at all.

    My teenage sons didn't have a picture ID. One son did have his Orlando library card with him (we got library cards the first week we moved to Orlando). The other son had no ID with him. The CM asked if they had a school ID from Florida but we didn't have one because they hadn't yet attended school in Florida as it was the summer.

    We didn't have any problems. We got our PAPs at Downtown Disney.

    The easiest thing to do, if you are worried, is to get a FL ID card. I got them for both my sons 2 weeks ago and it was only $3. All they needed was a certified birth certificate and their Social Security card. They didn't ask for proof of residence but did ask them to write down their Orlando address to be printed on the card. The FL ID cards aren't mailed though. They print them up for you while you are there. It looks just like our drivers license but says FL ID card.
  12. mrsbballref

    mrsbballref Mouseketeer

    May 11, 2000
    Wow! Thanks for all the responses. I think next
    time I am down "visiting" my house, I will go by
    and try to get an ID card.

    You guys are the best!
  13. Doodlebug939

    Doodlebug939 DIS Veteran

    Jul 30, 2003
    I have friends who are active duty military and when they went down to buy their passes they just has to show a current utility bill. It used to be that IDs would have where the person was stationed but now that it not the case. He doesnt have a Florida drivers license.

    But when he went to the gate he showed the utitliy bill and his military id and that was enough to get them the passes they needed. Hope it helps.
  14. exnortherner

    exnortherner Mouseketeer

    May 20, 2004
    Before DW and I permanantly moved to Florida, we maintained a vacation home here. In order to qualify for Florida benefits, we obtained "Florida Only" drivers licenses. This is a license that is recognized for driving in Florida only and does not require that you give up your other state license. All you need is a valid Florida address. I believe this 'in state' license is still issued.

Share This Page