• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help!! Leaving in 2 days and decided to go to SW- LOTS of ???

dwfanatic

DIS Veteran<br><font color=deepseagreen>Proud momm
OK... Being a diehard dsney fan, it's hard to admit we are going to the OTHER park... LOL. I have many questions.

1) Is it too hot this late in August to enjoy the outdoor shows? DS doesn't do well sitting in the sun for long.

2) DS loves aquariums, but does not do coasters, so we aare going to see mainly animals and shows. Help me put my mind at ease and let me know he'll enjoy SW.

3) I am an AVID planner of things, and I have never been to SW FL, only SW CA, so I don't want to waste time trying to navigate park. Can I get some touring tips...IE which way to best navigate park, what attractions to see first, etc..

4) We are renting a car, and I would like directions from ASSp to SW.

5) Any other comments would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks you all so much!

If your DS loves animals, then he'll love Sea World. It is hot in August, but most of the shows have some seats in the shade. Get there early and get your seats. AS far as navigating the park--get a map as soon as you go in. It lists all the show times--just plan your day accordingly. Don't know what kind of meals you like, but we ate at the Bimini Bay CAfe (nice sit down restaurant), and really enjoyed our meal there.

I( predict you will both 3OVE SeaWorld. The shows are fabulous and all the arenas are well shaded. Plus, if you sit in the splash zone you will be drenched by 55-degree water! You can't get cooler than that!

Sopme shows are indoors, in air-conditioned splendor, and the Cirque de la Mer has one of the funniest routines you'll see in all of Orlando.

There are just 3 rides -- Kraken coaster is definitely out it sounds like, but consider HJourney to Artlantis. If you can handle Thunder Mountain and Splash Mountain, you can probably handle Atlantis. The third ride is the simulator that preceeds Wild Arctic (and you can skip it if you want). If Star Tours made you queasy, skip this.

The animal habitats are simply superb!

1) Already said but get to shows early so you get seats in the shade.

2) He'll have a great time

3) As you're going in August try to time the "indoor" Air con exhibits for the heat of the day. These are the Manatees, Cirque de la mer, an animal show which I can't rember the name ,Penguins and Wild Arctic ( try to make WA just before a Shamu show as the entrance is right by the exit to Shamu. People pile out of Shamu and go straight to WA making MASSIVE queues) Try to time visits of the stingrays and Dolphis when you can but fish to feed them ( Stingrays may be open ALL day to buy fish BUT they weren't very hungry late afternoon. I'd say get here as early as possible) Tour the exhibits in a clockwise fashion as you have a MASSIVE walk past nothing at all if you go right ,towards Shamu Stadium and the waterski show.

4) probably easiest to take I4 East ( to Orlando ) and get off at the SW exit

5) HAVE A GREAT TIME :D

I am also a die-hard Disney fan, but I would never go to Orlando without taking the family to Sea World (Busch Gardens too, but that's another thread).

You will find the pace at Sea World much less frantic than the Disney parks. Sea World is a first class, well maintained park.

Don't know how old your DS is, but if under 14 years old or so, I would strongly recommend wearing swim trunks under his shorts. There is an extensive play and splash area that can really help beat the heat for kids.

And if you like aquariums, there's nothing that can beat the tunnel walk through the shark tank!

Have a great trip.

The best way from WDW property to SW is up I-4. Take I-4 east to the Sea World exit, which I think is exit 26 or 27.

Thanks for the replies. I have to wake up at 4 tomorrow morning, so I better get some sleep!! Talk to all of you soon!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter