Help! Last year my tomatos were ruined by slugs

Jingle

<font color=red>Aaaaaahhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!! Aaaaaaaaah
I've had a garden for three years. Last summer, my tomato plants looked the best they ever had! Just as all of my great looking tomatos were starting to turn a little red, the slugs came out and ruined most of them. What should I do to prevent this from happening again?

put them in the ground.....not for the slugs but for the cut worms...I do remember seeing a container at Walmart that eliminates the slugs.....I dont' know if it is to do in the ground before the tomato plants are put in or after......but it is worth checking out....nothing worse then picking a tomato with one side gone.....that happened a few years to us too......remember to kill the slugs when you find any.......

There is a natural product I get from www.gardensalive.com . It's called Escar-go. You sprinkle it around the plants, the slug eats it and dies from the inside out. I know gross, but it REALLY works.

I have a take no prisoners attitude when it comes to slugs. -- I HATE those slimey little suckers! If I catch any in my garden, I pick 'em off by (gloved) hand, throw 'em in a pile and salt 'em down! BWWUUUHHHHHAAAAAHHAAAAA!!!

my fence.......some of those things were at least five inches long......Now I am shivering.......blahhhhhhhhh....kill them and get rid of them before they make more little baby slugs.......yuck

I am trying container gardening this year because we have too many slugs, snails, and feral cats to put anything in the ground. So do the slugs and snails find their way up the container or are we safe?

Cheers :)

I have hostas that I do not want to get slug infested. I heard if you crunch up egg shells and sprinkle them around your hostas (or tomatoes) the slugs don't like the sharp edges.

Beer in a pie plate or tuna fish can buried in the ground in your tomato plant bed. The beer attracts the slugs and they fall in and drown. Of course then you have to deal with a container full of drowned slugs . . .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter