Help!! Last Minute Question

genmoye

Earning My Ears
So I need some last minute advice..I am sitting here at a hotel near the port and we are trying to get our plans set for in the morning. This is our first time doing a cruise so this is what I am thinking and please tell me how this will work..we have a rental car so our plan was dh would drop ds and I off at port with the bags and then go return the car and take their shuttle back to port. My question is do I just stand there on the curb waiting for him for however long it takes him to do that or should I go in and start the process. If I go in can I check us all in without him? What is the best way to do this? Thanks

Genevieve

We did this exact thing in January when we sailed the Magic. I dropped my wife and daughters off at the port and took our rental back to Budget. They went in the terminal and did all of the registration process. Just make sure that you have his passport with you. Also, it is very important that your husband keeps a picture ID (like a drivers license) with him because he will need it to re-enter the port area when he returns on the rental car shuttle.

When I got into the terminal, we were all checked in and all I had to do was have my picture taken for the card. We were even allowed to cut into line to do that. By that time our boarding pass had already been called so we walked on the ship.

Thanks so much for your quick response..this information was exactly what I was looking for!!!

Thanks!

Above is TOTALLY correct provided that the driver has 2 photo IDs. You'll need one to check in and one to get back into the port.

If you're cruising on birth certificates and have only one photo ID, the driver's check in has to wait till he gets back with the photo although the CM will process it and just not issue his KTTW till he gets back with the photo ID.

So the driver of the car needs his/her passport and drivers license with them? Then the rest of the party can go check in while he/she returns rental car? Then they will meet up he/she catches shuttle back to port?

No. Sorry for the confusion. The driver needs his driver's license with him/her in order to drive legally and to get back into the terminal.

The person doing the check in will need a passport for everyone (including the driver) OR a birth certificate and photo ID. With these, he/she will be able to do check in for the entire family, including the missing driver. THe family can choose to do the security photos then or to wait and do them as a group when the driver returns.

So yes, you will all meet up inside the terminal with the check in completed other than the security photos.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter