Help I need to replace the sofa cushions

flakypuff

DIS Veteran
This is the 2nd time in 2 years..The set is only 2 years old.
after a year the cushions we so flat the company agreed to replace them.
Now about the same time..1 year they are flat as a pancake.:headache:
They look awful.
I was going to go to Joann fabrics and buy that thick foam..it is $$$$.
Does anyone have any help/?

thanks everyone:goodvibes

what kind of couch is it? mine is a lancer. ANd my cusions are wikid flat. I am thinking about joannes fabric for the foam stuff.

I have used the foam from Hancock Fabrics (at that time Minnesota Fabrics) to replace the cushions on my dining room chairs... I agree it is expensive. But the good news is - it is very worth it! I redid my chairs about 12 years ago and they are just now starting to need it again (they are used daily!). I did buy good foam and forced myself not to scrimp on it because it was a lot of work and I wanted them to last. I also have used the foam to replace cushions in our camper van...again great results! I thik you will find it well worth the money...don't forget to take advantage of the coupons out there! Good luck!

Its a kLAUSSNER. Never noticed the name until you asksed me.
it makes me so mad. We bought the set..loveseat and sofa. We got it from Jordans Furniture..pretty rep. here. It wasnt cheap..the foam is kind of strange. Its not the foam you buy..it is more like a form..wrapped in this white cheese cloth stuff..crap.:eek: the set should last more than 2 years. or should i say 1 year since the seats were already replaced..it looks awful.
It does get lots of use..family room but my moms had here set for 8 years and you could bounce a coin off it.:confused3

mine did this about a year ago. i took it to a upholstery shop, they steamed the cushions. worked really well for about 8 months. and they get alot of use. cost very little. if you have a steamer, you might try it.

Ok tips from a poor college student:
Drive around on a sat or sunday and look around for people who have toseed couches out, then grab the cussions.
Head to goodwill, ASK them if they have any cussions in the back (they never put out cussions they salvage from crappy couchs)

I ordered replacement cushions from JCPenney catalog some years ago. I don't know if they still sell them.

I looked in yellow pages for foam factory in my area. I found one and checked if they sold to public. Took my flat old cushions in and they measured and about 1 hour later, brand new cushions. Regular size sofa with 3 cushions was about $100 Cdn. Best investment ever. Felt like a brand new couch. Worth the money because 4 years later, those cushions are still nice and strong. Check if you have local foam producing factory or see if you can get cushion foam shipped to you.

The foam comes in different densities (ie 1 yr, 5 yr, 10 yr) obviously costs more for the 10 yr but you are buying more firmness and longer lasting cushions.

I think we purchased 5 yr foam (I don't know what the standard is), they were really really firm and still are. Best investment we made because it still feels like a relatively new couch.

Just make sure to ask for a really dense and firm foam cushion that should last up to 5 years, and expect to pay probably about $30 per cushion for standard size, may be cheaper in the states.

I think it was in Real Simple's January mag. that I read this:

Take the cushion and place it outside on a warm sunny day. The heat from the sun will evaporate any moisture in the cushion that might be causing it to deflate or stick to its self.

HTH:thumbsup2

If you do wind up going thru Joann's don't for get to use the 50% off coupon.

Thanks..
I tried steaming them but they are not real foam so it wasnt much help. i am now looking for a place the makes foam:)

Its a kLAUSSNER. Never noticed the name until you asksed me.
it makes me so mad. We bought the set..loveseat and sofa. We got it from Jordans Furniture..pretty rep. here. It wasnt cheap..the foam is kind of strange. Its not the foam you buy..it is more like a form..wrapped in this white cheese cloth stuff..crap.:eek: the set should last more than 2 years. or should i say 1 year since the seats were already replaced..it looks awful.
It does get lots of use..family room but my moms had here set for 8 years and you could bounce a coin off it.:confused3

We have a la-z-boy set with the same junky cushions. One year and it was like having no cushions. It cost us a fortune and they wanted to charge us to restuff the cushions. I will never buy from them again. The set we threw out was in better condition (7 years old) than our "new" set. Sorry to hijack.

We have a la-z-boy set with the same junky cushions. One year and it was like having no cushions. It cost us a fortune and they wanted to charge us to restuff the cushions. I will never buy from them again. The set we threw out was in better condition (7 years old) than our "new" set. Sorry to hijack.

I agree 100% that Lazy Boy is high priced garbage. Our cushions where attached and couldn't be restuffed and on top of that it had the recliners on both ends and within a year they didn't work anymore. Call Lazy Boy and they tell you well just ship it back to us and we will look at it for $300.00. Sorry I had to hijack too so others can beware.

OP good luck restuffing just be glad you have the choice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter