Help, I need some words for a card for someone who's house burnt down........

Mom2Angels

<font color=green>What's so special about a tag an
A women I work with, her home burned down last week. This weekend we are having a gift card shower for them. I couldn't find an card with appropriate words, I don't even know what those would be. Anyway, I bought a blank card, now I have no clue what to write in it, I am terrible with words. Any suggestions??

Thanks!

Debbie

I am sorry I can not offer words for the card, but I can relate. One on my co-workers home burnt to the ground 6 months ago. He, his wife, 82 year old Mother and dog all safely escaped. When I went over to offer support, I apprached his mother and told her how sorry I was for her loss. This incredible woman replied with "Why, everything of importance got out." I was amazed!!
I hope the disers can help you out!!

You could go with a simple "thinking of you" message. Covers it all!

(That poor family!!!)

Well, "Here's some money - go spend it before it burns a hole in your pocket" probably isn't the right thing...

Kidding, of course - just a simple "thinking of you at this difficult time" is all that's needed. Your friend will be so thankful for the support of friends and co-workers.

I don't know if you'd be willing to help your co-worker out or not, but if so you could offer your services in the card.

You can probably keep the message brief, maybe something like, "I am extremely sorry for your loss. I want you to know that if you need anything at all, I'd be more than happy to help; please don't hesitate to call me, for whatever you may need." Then include your phone number.

Again, I don't know if you would be comfortable offering help, but it may be a welcome offer amidst a ton of other cards that simply offer condolences.

Some people might have trouble calling on others to ask for help, so once you know she has read the card, maybe you could quietly go up to her one day and just reinforce the offer to help her out and that she can call you anytime.

Laura

How about something to the effect that you are glad everyone is safe?

Someone more poetic can help with my next idea. Houses, made of wood and brick (or whatever...?) can be rebuilt; homes, made with love, will always stand strong...

Maybe you could tell her that you're glad you're able to send her the card. If she'd been lost in the fire you couldn't send it.

I also think that it is such a nice gesture to offer your help as well. She made need someone to keep her small children for a few hours while she goes house hunting, signing papers for insurance, etc. No one wants to have to tote kids along while house hunting. I know how much my kiddos hate that!

Thank you for your help, I don't really know her at all, I've only worked at this hospital for five months and have only met her once, so I don't know about offering my help to her. And her children are grown, it is just her and her husband. Some one broke into their house days after it was tented for termites and they were trying to open their safe with a blow torch and somehow the house caught fire, they don't know if maybe the chemicals from the tenting or what cause the the fire to ignite.

Anyway thank you all again.

Debbie

I have no advice better than has been offered, I just wanted to say that it is so nice of you all to help them that way. I am sure it will mean more to them than you will ever know.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter