Help! How much DW time do we give up for UOR??

Thank you al so much for the great info!
Now I just need todecide ...

- 1 or 2 nights at UOR (leaning towards 2)?
-Portofino or Royal pacific?
-Which to do first - DW or UOR?

I like the decor at Portifino much better than the decor at Royal Pacific which reminds me of a Gilmore Girls episode where Lorelai stays at a bed and breakfast and comments that the flowers in the wall paper are moving and out to get her. I just can’t take those Royal Pacific flowers on the walls! The rooms are also much larger at Portifino if that is a consideration. I am also in love with the beds at Portifino which are amazing. The only problem is that they are so comfortable I don’t want to get out of them to go to the parks! The memory foam covers on the beach chairs by the pool are also heavenly.

On the other hand, Royal Pacific is a much closer walk to the parks and is more compact, so there is less walking all around when staying there. Portifino reminds me more of some of the larger Disney resorts where there can be a long walk simply going from the room to the transportation stop or to the front desk area. Royal Pacific is also usually the least expensive of the three deluxe hotels. Because of these two reasons, we normally stay at Royal Pacific more than the other two hotels.

The pool area at Royal Pacific has a large splash play area with water cannons but no slide. The main pool at Portifino is smaller but has a slide.

I’d do Universal last. Disney is so structured and very busy. Universal is laid back. It will be nice to have a bit of a break from the rushing around. You can easily sleep in or take afternoon naps at Universal and still not feel rushed or like you are missing out. Universal is a nice way to recharge a bit before going home, so you don’t feel like you need another vacation to recover from your vacation.

I like the decor at Portifino much better than the decor at Royal Pacific which reminds me of a Gilmore Girls episode where Lorelai stays at a bed and breakfast and comments that the flowers in the wall paper are moving and out to get her. I just can’t take those Royal Pacific flowers on the walls! The rooms are also much larger at Portifino if that is a consideration. I am also in love with the beds at Portifino which are amazing. The only problem is that they are so comfortable I don’t want to get out of them to go to the parks! The memory foam covers on the beach chairs by the pool are also heavenly.

On the other hand, Royal Pacific is a much closer walk to the parks and is more compact, so there is less walking all around when staying there. Portifino reminds me more of some of the larger Disney resorts where there can be a long walk simply going from the room to the transportation stop or to the front desk area. Royal Pacific is also usually the least expensive of the three deluxe hotels. Because of these two reasons, we normally stay at Royal Pacific more than the other two hotels.

The pool area at Royal Pacific has a large splash play area with water cannons but no slide. The main pool at Portifino is smaller but has a slide.

I’d do Universal last. Disney is so structured and very busy. Universal is laid back. It will be nice to have a bit of a break from the rushing around. You can easily sleep in or take afternoon naps at Universal and still not feel rushed or like you are missing out. Universal is a nice way to recharge a bit before going home, so you don’t feel like you need another vacation to recover from your vacation.

Those moving flowers sound a like a Harry Potter painting

We stay deluxe at Disney too and I stand by my statement. ;-)

That is an opinion mind, not a fact - although I absolutely share it. Having seen room and resort tours of the Poly, I thought Royal Pacific blew it out of the water in many respects but I know we all look for different things out of a hotel.

We like to schedule some Universal time at the start and end of our trips - helps us ease into the holiday and then recover from the stress of planning a WDW trip. If only going for a couple of nights, I would also recommend considering putting them at the end of the trip. Much easier going, I know as a kid I'd be frustrated to go from riding everything with express pass to waiting in 30+ min lines for a lot of stuff. Just something to think about, I'm sure you'll be fine no matter what you do.

We have found that what works best for us is to fly into WDW on a Friday night giving us a full day Saturday, stay until the following Thursday, and then at some point late Thursday afternoon/evening we will Uber over to a Universal hotel and stay 2-3 nights at Universal. This gives us 5 to 5 1/2 park days at WDW plus 1 1/2 to 2 park days at Universal. Works out just right for us without feeling pressed for time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter