HELP! Hilton Grand Vacation Club...yes/no...pros/cons??

MadisonsMommy

Earning My Ears
My husband and I along with our 3 year old want to do Disney again this October. We went last October and got a free week at Wyndham Bonnet Creek through my sister-in-law. It was THE PERFECT trip. No free week this year so paying this time. Really wanted to do WBC again but cost for 2 BR is about $1200/week. My Aunt has a timeshare and with her points and for us to only spend about $200/week we could stay at :
1) Hilton Grand Vacation Club International Drive
2) Hilton Grand Vacation Club at Seaworld
3) Hilton Grand Vacation Club Parc Soleil

We would be crazy to not take her up on this deal because of the cost but want to pick the right one. Any recommendations or pros/cons of the three?? Thanks!!

I heard good things about all three resorts

I stayed at this one for two nights last year. Nice property, quiet. I walked around it a lot. It had a private entrance to the the outlet, and every night they had a movie that the kids could watch in the pool. There were grills you could use and picnic areas. Playground equipment was close to the pool. I stayed in a studio and had a microwave, and fridge. Each unit also had a screened in terrace of balcony.

I stayed at this one for two nights last year. Nice property, quiet. I walked around it a lot. It had a private entrance to the the outlet, and every night they had a movie that the kids could watch in the pool. There were grills you could use and picnic areas. Playground equipment was close to the pool. I stayed in a studio and had a microwave, and fridge. Each unit also had a screened in terrace of balcony.

I forgot to ask how far the drive to Magic Kingdom would be? Did you go to any of the parks from there? And do they have any kind of playground or kids area pool?

Hilton Parc Soleil has a great pool slide and zero entry pool area - it's beautiful. We're staying there again in the fall and I can't wait. HGVC is more upscale/high end than Wyndham Bonnet Creek - I think you'll enjoy the Hilton club, no matter which one you pick. But if you have kids that like to swim - I'd pick Parc Soleil for the pool area with slide.

Parc Soleil had shuttles to the parks (I can't remember the cost). It sits back by itself close to Palm Parkway and Turkey Lake Road. I like the location - it's out by itself and easy to get to Downtown Disney through the back way or Wal-Mart or Downtown Disney restaurants.

We've stayed at all 3 resorts but our favorite is International Drive. We loved the pool at Parc Soleil but liked the layout of the rooms at International Drive (and Seaworld) better. We also liked the outside corridors of I Drive and Seaworld. Parc Soleil doesn't have a screened in balcony like the other two but from the higher floors you can see fireworks from Magic Kingdom and Epcot. I Drive has a Publix right across the street, which makes shopping for essentials very easy.

We have stayed at the Sea World location about 4 years ago in a 3BR and really enjoyed it. My husband stayed with all of his siblings last year and said it was seeming a bit "tired" and needed updating. I would try a newer one if we were going back to HGVC.

We have stayed at the Sea World location about 4 years ago in a 3BR and really enjoyed it. My husband stayed with all of his siblings last year and said it was seeming a bit "tired" and needed updating. I would try a newer one if we were going back to HGVC.

They have updated at least half of the buildings at Sea World and may have more done by now. I would call and ask them.

As far as locations go they are all pretty close to WDW, just coming from slightly different directions. Sea World is the best for families and the only one with a kiddie pool, plus the balcony is screened in. Parc Soleil has the most modern look to it, is the straightest shot into Disney property but the balcony isn't screened in and it is geared the most towards adults with its own separate "reflecting" pool. The Tuscany resort has a screened balcony and is best for shoppers and people who either don't have transportation or don't feel comfortable driving around Orlando because everything you need in the way of food or shopping is within walking distance. It has its own entrances to the Orlando Prime Outlets and a Publix is right across the street if you need groceries.

You actually can't go wrong with any of the three so it's just a matter of taste. There is a ton of information, room layouts, pictures and addresses at this link:

http://www.hilton.com/en/hi/promotions/HGV_fl_parc/index.jhtml

Just choose your resort from the drop down list.

It's been a few years (wow, 9 years!! where does the time go?) since we stayed at the HGVC seaworld.

I remember that the large waterfall pool was NOT heated. Did they ever add heat?

We also enjoyed the resort-located movie theater and croquet court. Are they both still there?

Thanks
Jeff

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter