Help! Having Trouble Adding "Discover Atlantis" for 1-Year Old

lilpooh108

DIS Veteran
Eeeek.

Ok so our cruise is on 12/16/10. We have 2 staterooms, my parents in one, and me, DH and DD (1yr) in the other.

For our Nassau day, my parents are doing Discover Atlantis (the non-swimming, non beach, walking tour). They would like to take the baby so that DH and I can go to Blackbeard's Stingray Adventure.

I KEEP trying to modify their Discover Atlantis excursion by adding DD on their reservation, but the website saves the modification but will NOT add DD's name to their reservation.

The excursion says its "all ages" and only kids 3+ have to pay. Am I doing something wrong? Or does it not show her name since she is free?

Please help! I don't want to wait to resolve this on the ship since DH and I can't do Blackbeards unless my parents take the baby :lmao: TIA! :goodvibes

Eeeek.

Ok so our cruise is on 12/16/10. We have 2 staterooms, my parents in one, and me, DH and DD (1yr) in the other.

For our Nassau day, my parents are doing Discover Atlantis (the non-swimming, non beach, walking tour). They would like to take the baby so that DH and I can go to Blackbeard's Stingray Adventure.

I KEEP trying to modify their Discover Atlantis excursion by adding DD on their reservation, but the website saves the modification but will NOT add DD's name to their reservation.

The excursion says its "all ages" and only kids 3+ have to pay. Am I doing something wrong? Or does it not show her name since she is free?

Please help! I don't want to wait to resolve this on the ship since DH and I can't do Blackbeards unless my parents take the baby :lmao: TIA! :goodvibes

If it doesn't charge for a 1 yr old, and it is open to all ages, then you don't have to add her to the excursion. Note that if there is transportation involved, there is a possibility she may have to sit in your lap if the van/bus is full.

Thanks! One question though---when I get onboard do I need to tell the excursion desk (or whatever it's called) that they're brining her? Will they have problems bringing her back on to the ship since they're her grandparents and not her parents? Our excursions come back at different times...

Thanks! One question though---when I get onboard do I need to tell the excursion desk (or whatever it's called) that they're brining her? Will they have problems bringing her back on to the ship since they're her grandparents and not her parents? Our excursions come back at different times...

I don't know the answer to that, so you may need to ask. I think there is a form for a non-custodial parent to take a minor off the ship (or something to that effect regarding a child that isn't yours), but I don't know how or if it applies to grandparents. We've travelled with the grandparents, and they can pick up the kids from the clubs, etc., but we've never had them bring the kids on or off the ship without us.

Everyone, even the baby, will get a KTTW card that has to be scanned when getting on and off the ship, and all adults have to bring a photo ID. You probably need to make sure the grandparents reservation is linked to your reservation at a minimum. But I'd call and ask or inquire when onboard.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter