Help from Flip Flop Veterans

mcgrawfan

Peace Love Mickey Mouse
I recently bought my first pair of Born "flip flops". They were really cut so I thought I would try them. I have never liked the piece between your toes. Overall, I have come to like these shoes. They are pretty comfy. However I keep getting a blister where the leather hits between my toes. I am planning on taking them to WDW next year and was wondering if there is anything that can help prevent this blister?

Hi Kelsi, I LOVE filp flops. I have never had any give me blisters there though.
You may want to try a different pair.
For our trip to Disney in August I think I am going to buy the crocs athens (they are flip flops) as I heard they are very comfortable. I know moleskin will help with blisters but I really don't think they should give you blisters there. Good luck!!

~Farley

I'm not sure how comfy it would be placed between your toes, but you can pick up something called Moleskin (from Dr. Scholls) in the foot care aisle of Walmart or any drugstore. You cut a piece to size and peel the backing off and put it where you tend to get blisters or hot spots. For that matter you could probably wrap a piece right around the flip-flop toe piece - it should have the same effect of reducing that friction!

I remember when I first bought flip flops when they became 'cool' again a few years ago. =) The same thing happened to me. Whenever I wore them for a long time I would get a blister. But I kept wearing them and after a while, my skin got tough enough to where I didn't get blisters. Now all I wear in the summer is flip flops and I don't ever get the blisters anymore and I wore them the whole time at Disney this year. So I would just suggest wearing them as much as possible until then and you will build up 'immunity' to the strap between your toes!

First things first... TIM MCGRAW IS THE BEST!!! :thumbsup2

I get blisters from flip flops there too (I actually have one now!) I've tried putting a bandaid on that piece, it takes away from the stickyness of the leather that makes your skin rub against it. Or maybe, find a small piece of protective tape and put it on between your toes to protect that area.

But I'd buy another pair of flip flops. Maybe find a sandal that doesn't have that piece in the middle. I've seen other sandals that have a strap that goes over your big toe and then over the middle of your foot. You could try something like that. If not, just try different brands of flip flops. There has to be more comfortable materials out there on flip flops.

Let's put it this way--- DH calls me a flip-flop nut! ALL I wear are flip-flops--- and I probably wear them WAY past and WAY before the season that they should be worn ( :upsidedow ). They are my comfort shoe. If your flip-flops are rubbing between your toes, I would suggest getting a different pair with a smaller thong. Try Reefs- very comfortable and the thong is usually a soft fabric. If it continues to rub then it's time to reconsider your shoe selection.

That happens to me at the begining of the 'flip-flop' season... BUT ever since I fliped to Havaianas, I don't get that problem , plus they are super confortable ... Those Brazilians sure know their Flip Flops, that's all I'm saying!!

:cool1:

I am a huge flip flop fan, you all need to try Reef brand flip flops. I purchased them for the first time last year and I never get blisters. I was able to where them during all my Disney trips this last year. I have found them only at Nordstrom locally, but recently found a place online to by them. Islandsurf.com. :thumbsup2

I agree with the poster that said try reefs. They're one of the few brands that won't bother the inbetween of my toes.

tricia.

I'm another HUGE flip-flop wearer. The only time you won't see me in them is during the snowy months. If your feet are sensitive to the piece inbetween your toes I suggest you only buy the cloth ones. (Plastic would kill you.) Reefs are indeed the best but Rafters make a good knock off. I just bought an inexpensive pair from Old Navy that I love!

Reefs and Rafters are usually found together in sporting goods stores or any store that has out door type clothes. Some places I know that carry them are... REI, Dick's Sporting Goods and City Spots. (Trying to think of national chains that I've seen them at.)

Can someone tell me where to buy moleskin? I have flat feet and get blisters on my feet in even the comfiest pair of shoes. I am thinking this would help a bit.

Tinkerbell10403 said:
Can someone tell me where to buy moleskin? I have flat feet and get blisters on my feet in even the comfiest pair of shoes. I am thinking this would help a bit.
Hi,
Moleskin is sold in drugstores and probably food stores. Usually they have it hanging on a rack with all the Dr. Scholls foot products. I have bought it in the past, but have actually never used it. My DH has and said it works great. I usually use band aids on my feet if I get a blister.

LegoMom3 said:
I'm not sure how comfy it would be placed between your toes, but you can pick up something called Moleskin (from Dr. Scholls) in the foot care aisle of Walmart or any drugstore. You cut a piece to size and peel the backing off and put it where you tend to get blisters or hot spots. For that matter you could probably wrap a piece right around the flip-flop toe piece - it should have the same effect of reducing that friction!

I suggest the same thing - wrap a piece of Moleskin right around the toe-piece of the sandal! It won't be "pretty," but it will serve its purpose. Plus, you won't have to keep reapplying moleskin to your feet every day.

poppinspal said:
I'm another HUGE flip-flop wearer. The only time you won't see me in them is during the snowy months.

:beach: :beach: :beach: :beach:

If it's above 40 I'm in my Reefs. (Yes, a pair was amongst my Disney souvenirs, you try finding a pair in the North East come October. :confused: ) I've walked several miles in my Reefs without a problem. Give them a shot if you willing to risk becoming an adict. :woohoo:

I am thinking of getting Athens Crocs which are like Flops. Anyone own a pair? :sunny:

Just a quick suggestion! Try a product called Bodyglide.(Just roll it or put it bewtween your toes. Mine even stopped a blister from getting worse.) I live in MN, and buy mine from Scheels, but you can look for a retailer at Bodyglide's website. Happy Flip-Flopping!!!

DisneyFan06 said:
I am thinking of getting Athens Crocs which are like Flops. Anyone own a pair? :sunny:

::yes:: ::yes:: ::yes:: I LOVE mine! I got them mid May, and have only not worn them like 2 or 3 days. The only problem I had with them was that the seam on the part between the toes rubbed a little. Made my toes sore. Took a nail file to them and smoothed the seams out, no more rubbing! (I'm sure a little bit of fine grit sandpaper would do the same, but I din't have that handy.) Gave a pair to my MIL for mother's day, and she loves them too (she lives in flops). They are jsut as comfy as my regular Crocs are!

Another vote for Reefs here! :cool1: They are so comfortable and wear really good. The part that goes in between your toes is so comfy, you don't even feel it. You'll love them. :cool1:

I've never liked flip flops because of the toe thingy hurting, but came across of pair of Teva Mush last year and fell in love. The toe thingy is mae of soft material and turned kinda sideways and they have a good arch cushy arch support. I can wear them all day in the parks and my feet feel great! Since then I've bought Reef flip flops and the Athens Croc flip flops. Both are fairly comfortable, but nothing compares to my Teva Mush. I usually take several pairs and wind up wearing my Teva Mush about 85% of the time. They're the most comfortable pair of shoes I own.

My Teva Mush I found at a local shoe outlet here, but have seen them online. My Reefs and Croc Athens I bought at Dilliards. I also found the Croc Athens at a local flea market and at Hallmark Gifts.

pezheadmeg said:
:beach: :beach: :beach: :beach:

If it's above 40 I'm in my Reefs. (Yes, a pair was amongst my Disney souvenirs, you try finding a pair in the North East come October. :confused: )

I'm pretty much the same way. Well more if there's no snow on the ground I'm in my sandals. (Sad I know.) City Sports(if there is one near you) sells Reeefs year round!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter