Help finding info on my 50" Plush Sulley, Monsters Inc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RainerDee

Earning My Ears
The Disney store in our mall went out of business in 2002. There was a 50" Plush Sulley from Monsters Inc. that normally sat up on a this giant pedestal with decorations, etc. and it was for sale with a few of the other large collectibles. The sales clerk said each store had a couple of the large plushes in a variety of different characters but they weren't all the same from store to store. She told me they were each rare. I thought it was a decent price for the big guy anyway so I picked him up. 10 years later and I am trying to find out more information about him. I have been trying to find anything like it online to compare it to with no luck.

I have PCU and I have some other #s which I am guessing are some kind of serial #s (?). There is a Glendale CA address and a London U.K. address on one of the tags.

PCU: (4 12022 24451)
Other #'s: (MA-1336(KR)/PA-5501(KR)/Ohio PA 1378/)

Any advice on where I can look for information would be much appreciated.

Thank you!
Raina

I worked for Disney store 1998-2008. Sully was originally 300 I think. At the time there were over 300 disney stores. Stores got anywhere from 1-3 of them I believe, depending on what tier your store was, he was on the web. he didn't sell all that well, probably due to the price tag. People thought he was cool,. That's all I remember.

Wow, why don't I remember this big Sulley?

I worked at a Gallery TDS, so we would have had it too.

I DO remember a huge Sulley at the local movie theatre when the movie came out.

At D23, they had one that reminded me of that giant movie theatre Sulley.

Sully was originally 300 I think.

Good memory you have, the tag on him says 350.00. I did get him marked down a bit due to the out of business sale. So I did only pay the 300.00 at that time.

Any idea what he is worth in this market? Also, I cannot seem to be able to find any information on this product online anywhere.

Thank you so much for your reponse!

There is a 33" inch plush Sulley, which is probably similar(?) it is being offered at $79.99 or buy it now $99.99 on ebay. It looks to be in awesome shape. and has free shipping. However no bids, IF you are thinking of selling him I would hold off until the new Monster inc movie comes out next year, if you can. I can't remember if its Disney's summer or November release. I think that will be a great time to try and sell a collectible like this. Not only is price BUT timing is everything.

There is a 33" inch plush Sulley, which is probably similar(?) it is being offered at $79.99 or buy it now $99.99 on ebay. It looks to be in awesome shape. and has free shipping. However no bids, IF you are thinking of selling him I would hold off until the new Monster inc movie comes out next year, if you can. I can't remember if its Disney's summer or November release. I think that will be a great time to try and sell a collectible like this. Not only is price BUT timing is everything.

Monsters University, June 2013. And I agree, I would wait until the buzz starts building for that, OR after the late December re-release of the original Monsters Inc in 3-D in theatres in December of this year.

I don't know about the giant Sully, but I have a giant Figment.

DSC00286.JPG

The ruler leaning against him is 24 inches. I bought him on eBay for $250, but I do know that just before he was discontinued WDW sold him for $450 plus $50 shipping.

I never saw the giant Sulley, I bet he looks amazing. I do have a giant Meeko, I adore that plush, he is waist high!! :)

I have not sold him, but I think I will. I know he is a collectible and I had intended to keep him but I think I may have to part with him. He has been in a (very large) box in my basement for 11 years now. The poor guy deserves some daylight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter