help!!Downgraded and DH is freaking

t-bone

Mouseketeer
HI - Does anyone know anything about these rooms? :confused3 2107 and 2109 (on the western Magic) We just ended up downgrading from Cat 9 to 10 so we could connect with our 3 kids. My DH is worried about loosing the window and being in the aft of the ship. (seasick???) I looked up the stateroom report and I couldn't find much...HELP.....Thanks- Tracey

Just based on what I've read (I have yet to take a DCL cruise), losing the window isn't a big deal at all (unless you plan to sit in your cabin all day), and most people have no problems being in the aft of the ship. It might not be a bad idea to bring anti-seasickness meds, though.

I hear that the lower down on the ship you are, the less motion you feel. Also, I thought that it was worse forward than the aft. I could be mistaken.

7132, higher up but farther AFT (I think farther, anyway) was fine for motion EXCEPT on a night when the whole ship was getting tossed in 20 foot seas crossing the gulfstream, embarkation night in mid-january this year. the whole ship was feeling a bit queasy that evening, but otherwise, aft was fine, and the aft stairs are rarely crowded.

We also liked aft. It was pretty quiet...not much traffic in those halls! Hope you have fun! :sunny:

I do believe your closer to the theaters as well.=D much easier since most people walk to the forward elevators to leave... they seem to thank the main elevators are the only ones...

DVK

We liked being aft, and being on deck 2 (although we were Cat 9). Its true about elevators being less crowded. I was pretty sensitive to the motion and did best in our room or out in the open air. But aft didn't feel any worse then the rest of the ship. In fact I felt much better in our room then higher up and mid ship.

Aft rooms are great -- very easy to get on the elevators, and back on the ship after shore excursions. Best of all at CC, you only disembark at the aft gangway (short walk back to your cabin).

Heh -- 20' foot seas are nothing -- we had 30' on the Aug. Repo going through Hurricane Hilary :rotfl2:

Heh -- 20' foot seas are nothing -- we had 30' on the Aug. Repo going through Hurricane Hilary :rotfl2:[/QUOTE]

That was the longest rollercoaster ride iv'e ever been on! :rotfl:

20' seas? .... 30' seas? ..... Now I'm getting nervous!! I am a terrified flyer but I thought I'd be ok on a cruise. Now I'm worried I'll start freaking out. Did anyone panic when it was that rough? What did they do?

Cat. 11 7127. Motion sickee!!! I only noticed the movement when the ship was in a storm.

Sorry! didn't mean to get you all worked up. It'll be fine. My DW bought those wrist band that the crew uses and she was fine. As for me and my DS we didn't have a problem. We had fun with it. Was kind of funny trying to walk down the steps. Alot of it is in the attitude. I'll take a rough day at sea on the Magic over a calm day at work anytime. :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter