Help!! Clippers to cut pet hair!

amberlynnhawkins

Missing WDW like CRAZY!!
We have a cocker spaniel in DESPERATE need of a good hair cut -- but we're going to do it ourselves. Any ideas on the best place (budget-friendly) to find clippers to cut our dog's hair?

Thanks in advance!!

Ebay . Look for Andis they are pretty good clippers , Laube are the best . I had several used pairs that I sold right away on buy it now . So you gotta kinda be fast when you see them . I sold mine used for 75 bucks and they sell for around 200-300 new .

I bought a really nice set of clippers at Walmart, I believe they were Sunbeam brand, the same brand my grandmother used to clip her poodles for more than 20 years. I paid less than $30 and they paid for themselves in one clipping.

Suzanne

I don't know where you live - but a good grooming every 6 or so weeks can keep the vet bills down. Cocker spaniels have floppy ears that can be prone to infection. The groomer will remove the hair in the ear so you can clean it easier. Plus will clean up the anal area, another place that helps doggie stay fresh. LOL

I had a poodle/terrior mix and the most trouble I had with her in her long 18 years were the ear infections, I learned to get her groomed more often.

Janis

got a nice one at Pet Smart. Andis is the brand for less than $100. We have 2 Springer Spaniels so after giving them each 1 cut with the clippers they paid for themselves. Grooming services is about $60 per dog. In fact, I just gave my male his 2nd cut yesterday.

Be sure to get a can of cooling spray too. I burned up a cheaper clipper by not using it. In my defense, I didn't know that there was such a thing!

Good luck. It's a messy job but it's definetly worth the $$$ saved!

Regular old people hair clippers work just fine. We had a rottie that we would clip down in the summer to keep cool. DH used the same clippers he used on himself. That's a little weird but it worked.

slickdeals.net had a wahl clipper set for $26 a couple of days ago. I have this set and it works well on my dogs. Keep it oiled. If the price isn't valid anymore many people said they had seen it at Sams for a similar price.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter