Help Cinderella's Royal Table!

dancemomnj

DIS Veteran
I wanted lunch at the Royal Table but only able to get dinner at 4pm. We were going to try back and see but now my girls are saying they don't care if they see Cindy but just want to eat there. Could you tell me if you prefer lunch or dinner? I know it's not a character meal at dinner that's why I wanted lunch. I didn't want breakfast because the 4 year old will not eat a thing. For the dinner I saw the kids get ice cream with a crown. Do they get this at lunch too?
I did get the Story Book lunch in Norway. :woohoo:
Thank you all!

I will let read my review the Castle for dinner

We arrived at the castle about 10 min. before our ressi. I had forgotten they told me there would time for picture to be taken with Cinderella. There was no line for picture and we right up. The hostess came over told us if wanted to walk around we could, that they were no going to beable to seat for a 30 minutes.

We came back which about 30 latter, we told the hostess we were back and she ok. We still had to wait another 15 minutes.

When we went upstairs we lead a great table by the window. We given some bread and butter and asked what wanted to drink. We were also given the menu.

I choose the crab and corn soup, prime rib, and you had to tell server right then and now what you wanted for dessert. The choose the blue berry crumble.

the soup was great. I was surprised to find large lumps of crab meat in the soup and it was very good. The prime rib came out with gratin potatos. It tastes like it had cooked very early in the day and heated up and along the potatos. I did not eat most of it, when the waiter came over never asked if anything was wrong. Now dessert comes out. Boy oh Boy was surpised. The blueberry crumble was blueberry muffin and and sauce over it and some fruit spread across the plate. I don't want I expected, but certanly was not that. No coffee was offered , in fact he told us when delivered the dessert since no food was coming to our table he would not not back. I would never go back. Not worth cost of the food. Plus you pre-paid for it. You get picture in Cinderella and 4 extra smaller pictures no charge. And there show in the Mice and Fairy Godmother, but still not worth it.

We ate here before the MVMCP '05. We did the dinner and absolutely loved it. The staff was friendly and the food was delicious. My daughter was 3 1/2 and got the crown dessert you referred to. It was a chocolate crown with mini marshamallows and sprinkles. My daughter absolutely loved it. She still talks about the crown dessert.
We had visited MK the previous year and eaten at the castle for breakfast and felt the princesses were rushed, but our daughters enjoyed meeting the Princesses.
I think your kids are right- I was fun to eat at the castle.
Enjoy your trip.

We ate their last July. I called for ressies AFTER arriving at DW and got a lunch ressie @ 1:00 I think. We had a wonderful server and a great time. I thought it was worth the $$.

i went for christmas and we where on the meal plan. my family was impressed by the menu. we had our pic with cindy in front of a christmas tree. for dessert the princess at the table had the sunda it has a choclo crown on it i can send a pic of what it looks like i took a pic of the dessert menu and the dessert

These boards are fantasic for info/opinions; one thing I learned from my most recent trip (two weeks ago) is that some restaurants, etc. you just have to try for yourself. Last year my sister & I had the CRT lunch with the princesses and loved it; we both had the Major Domo's Pie and really enjoyed it.

On our trip two weeks ago we had the CRT dinner...we booked the last seating of the night..not sure if this made a difference but our waiter was very attentive but not overbearing..he spaced out our food without making us feel rushed..the pretzel bread they start you off was really really good and the BLT salad was excellent also. I ordered the Pan Seared Salmon & my sister had the Grilled Pork tenderloin..everything was served hot..I was very happy with my choice..my sister said the pork was good but didn't like the side dishes...I have read that Susie & Perla do not come around for pictures; they did when we were there...they must have come by our table 4 or 5 times and stopped for pics if asked...

Eating in the castle feels like a special treat; it makes things a little more magical for me..hope you enjoy it .. :wizard:

dancemomnj - it should be noted that Cinderella's Royal Table menu and procedures changed a lot as of February 1 this year, so while all the posts here are helpful, only webmomom's and JoAnnPan's accurately reflect what your experience will be like.

JoAnnPan said:
These boards are fantasic for info/opinions; one thing I learned from my most recent trip (two weeks ago) is that some restaurants, etc. you just have to try for yourself. Last year my sister & I had the CRT lunch with the princesses and loved it; we both had the Major Domo's Pie and really enjoyed it.

On our trip two weeks ago we had the CRT dinner...we booked the last seating of the night..not sure if this made a difference but our waiter was very attentive but not overbearing..he spaced out our food without making us feel rushed..the pretzel bread they start you off was really really good and the BLT salad was excellent also. I ordered the Pan Seared Salmon & my sister had the Grilled Pork tenderloin..everything was served hot..I was very happy with my choice..my sister said the pork was good but didn't like the side dishes...I have read that Susie & Perla do not come around for pictures; they did when we were there...they must have come by our table 4 or 5 times and stopped for pics if asked...

Eating in the castle feels like a special treat; it makes things a little more magical for me..hope you enjoy it .. :wizard:
My travel agent said too that they are not there at dinner. I'm glad you saw the mice because we wanted to see them (well not the 4 year old). Any others able to see them too since the change?

dancemomnj said:
I wanted lunch at the Royal Table but only able to get dinner at 4pm. We were going to try back and see but now my girls are saying they don't care if they see Cindy but just want to eat there. Could you tell me if you prefer lunch or dinner? I know it's not a character meal at dinner that's why I wanted lunch. I didn't want breakfast because the 4 year old will not eat a thing. For the dinner I saw the kids get ice cream with a crown. Do they get this at lunch too?
I did get the Story Book lunch in Norway. :woohoo:
Thank you all!
here it it
100_0107.jpg

We ate there and really liked it. My 5 year old daughter could have eaten shoe leather and thought it was great just because we were in "the" castle. But us adults really liked the food. We had a seat by the window for dinner and the fireworks were fabulous to view from inside while eating. It is definately not something I would plan to do every trip or even every few trips as it is expensive, but I don't regret us having gone this time. (We try to do a character or themed meal every trip--so far, I would have to say The Garden Grill was by far our favorite.)

Just prepare your 4yr old, that its the castle dinner, because its dinner, no autographs, no stopping at the table,,, as long as the 4yr old and you have realistic expectations, you will enjoy the "show" I wouldnt let the 4yr old in on the show - as a 4yr dreams, is different than an adult world - but do prepare that there is no autograph, or personal attention - its staged... (like a theatre movie...) if you go before Norway... if after Norway, than you have more 'splainin on the difference between shows and character interaction... imho!!!

:wizard:

Yes, Suzy and Perla come by for a quick hello and then they flitter around the resturant for 10 minutes during the presentation, and you can sometimes get a shot if you are quick. However, once in a while the equity performer calls in and if there is no replacement, the mice will do regular meet and greets instead. This doesn't happen often though.

Thank you all! Yesterday my travel agent was able to get us in for lunch on the day we wanted. So after all we will be able to have lunch and not dinner at the castle. I think my DD4 and DD6 will be much happier. :cool1:

I think you'll be happy with the lunch. We had lunch at CRT last week and thought it was a nice experience. DD4 is a Disney princess nut and says that's her favorite part of the whole vacation-eating lunch at the castle. The food was fine since we didn't go with high expectations for great food after reading many reviews. Our complimentary pics with Cinderella came out great. We were not on the dining plan but I would do it again on our next trip if DD is still so into the princesses. I don't think the price is too bad if your pics with Cinderella comes out great. After all, you get 2 sets of pics included.
Enjoy! princess:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter