• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help~ choosing DCL room Party of 5

dizkids

DIS Veteran
We are looking to book our 1st Disney Cruise and we are 5, me, dh, 3 kids (11,9,6).

I heard its cheaper with 2 rooms rather than Deluxe Room with Balcony which fits 5.

If i book 2 inside rooms category 12 do they offer rooms with the connecting door between? Also, i read about choosing the GTY room and if i chose this is it possible that if they upgrade you both rooms would still be connecting?

Or maybe someone has another good option for 5. We would prefer oceanview but i was trying to save $.
thanks for the help.

Connecting rooms can be tough to get - so don't rely on a GTY reservation. Reserve the specific rooms that you want.

We prefer Cat. 8 or 9 - but we personally need an outside room. If you don't, then look for connecting rooms in an inside category. The connecting rooms are designated with a black arrow on the deck plans. (http://www.dreamsunlimitedtravel.com/cruise/deck-plans.htm#)

We definitely prefer the connecting room option for a family of five!

We are looking to book our 1st Disney Cruise and we are 5, me, dh, 3 kids (11,9,6).

I heard its cheaper with 2 rooms rather than Deluxe Room with Balcony which fits 5.

If i book 2 inside rooms category 12 do they offer rooms with the connecting door between? Also, i read about choosing the GTY room and if i chose this is it possible that if they upgrade you both rooms would still be connecting?

Or maybe someone has another good option for 5. We would prefer oceanview but i was trying to save $.
thanks for the help.

:goodvibes Yes category 12 and up to category 4? offer connecting cabins,,,,,BUT they are typically the first to go....there are not that many available and are VERY popular with larger famililes. If you go to most internet sites...put in the date you are looking at... click on the cabin type, it will then show you the ones that are available... and there is usually a jagged type of line on the page between the two cabins, showing that they are connecting..and you can always call DCL customer service just to make sure.

This past June we had only booked 11 months out and was un-able to get connecting cabins, but we did get two cabins right next door to each other and it worked out fine, We re-booked on board for Sept of 2009 and we were able to get connecting...I will enjoy not having to leave the top lock open so the door dosen't close all the way or knocking constantly. Good luck with your search, but most of all enjoy your cruise!!! :woohoo:

Thank you!

So now if i book 2 rooms that are connecting AND Disney upgrade us do they upgrade both rooms. I would need to be connecting and would decline if it didnt work that way. I am not counting on an upgrade we are never that lucky. I just dont want to find out they expect my family of 5 to be on 2 different floors.

I think connecting rooms start at cat.10. The earlier you make your reservations the more likelihood you have of getting connecting rooms. And if you book your rooms together and receive an upgrade, both rooms would be upgraded.

We booked connecting secret porthole rooms for our upcoming (08/2010) cruise. They do go fast but if you are lucky you may score one. Then you get the inside stateroom price and a bit of sunlight/view too! (I think there are only 2 sets of connecting SPH rooms on the entire ship.)

We booked connecting secret porthole rooms for our upcoming (08/2010) cruise. They do go fast but if you are lucky you may score one. Then you get the inside stateroom price and a bit of sunlight/view too! (I think there are only 2 sets of connecting SPH rooms on the entire ship.)

You were able to book a cruise for August 2010? I didn't know that they had released those dates yet. How did you book it? I am looking to booking for 2010, too.

Oh, we have the Secret porthole rooms for the the August 13, 2009 cruise.

You were able to book a cruise for August 2010? I didn't know that they had released those dates yet. How did you book it? I am looking to booking for 2010, too.

The dates/rates/itineraries HAVE NOT been released yet for 2010...maybe the poster has a current ressie with SPH room that they hope to move to 2010 when the dates are released?

The connecting cabins go very fast. We end up getting 2 along side or accross from each other.

OOPs, we are going August 11, 2009, we booked back in April '07, (used a dummy date and changed when the '09 dates came out.) Guess I got so used to my trip being over a year away I wrote 2010 instead of 2009!:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter