• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

HELP! Choosing a Disneyland Resort

4WLodgers

Earning My Ears
Okay - here's the scoop. Flying into SNA/John Wayne and heading to San Diego for a few days of work/relaxation. Then back to Anaheim on Friday afternoon, July 29th - August 2nd. We definitely want to stay on property. $$ wise it's a toss up for me. Location? Conceirge? Disneyland Hotel vs. Paradise Pier? Grand Californian? I don't have GC concierge $$, but would be a trade off at the others vs a standard at the GC. The GC seems to be a great spot, pool, health club etc...Any tips on the Disney Hotel ?? Have been to WDW and stay primarily at the Lodge. About 8 times...ready to visit where it all started again! We were there in 2003 - stayed at the Hyatt...hated the shuttles etc. So any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks from TEXAS. :confused3

The Grand Californian will remind you a lot of the Wilderness Lodge, and has a great restaurant for Breakfast (Storyteller's). The pool at the Disneyland Hotel is better themed, but the rooms are more hotel-ey. Paradise Pier I have no opinion on, since I haven't stayed there. We like the Disneyland Hotel because of the pool & we like walking through Downtown Disney or taking the Monorail to get into and out of the parks.

The flip side is that the Grand Californian is almost like staying inside the parks, as you have a private entrance into DCA and are less then a 5 minute walk from the DL gate.

Enjoy your stay.

If you are used to staying onsite at WDW, the GC is the most comparable, especially to WL. DLH and PP are just 'disneyfied' hotels (my opinion, some will argue). Tripadvisor has extensive reviews on all 3, definitely check there.

I wanna vote! LOL!

Dont know if there will be any kids or not, but I love Disneyland hotel!
Since you have done Wilderness Lodge at WDW, why not try something different!??
Just my 2cents!

:flower: We have info on the Disneyland Resort hotels here

There is also more info in the hotel thread at the top. You can look at pics of the hotels, pools, etc., and read descriptions of the rooms and amenities.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter