Help! C.C. Beverage Question?

Colorado DISers

<font color=blue>We are Disney freaks<br><font col
:confused3 Do we need to bring drinks (soda, juice, water) to CC or are they available throughout the day? If so, where do you get them? Thanks in advance.

Lisa, thanks for the fast reply. This will be our family's first cruise. It's not until June 2006, but I'm going to have plenty of questions between now and then :teeth:

We all had alot of questions when we first signed on with DCL. :) This board has alot people who have cruise alot who will be glad to help you. Cruise chat is on Friday night at 9 EST. You can get alot of input there as well.

IT might help to think of CC as an extension of the ship as opposed to thinking of it as a separate port of call. Since it is owned by DCL, everyone you meet will be a guest or cast member. The KTTW is the only currency used except at the post office (where only cash is used). The food is free. The drinks are handled the same way as on the ship--things at the drink stations are free. Things from the bar or from the CMs walking the beach selling them are charged.

There is a family area, teen area, and adults only area. The club/lab programming is much the same as on the ship. Be sure to visit every few hours to reapply sun screen if your children spend more than a few hours there. CMs are not allowed to apply sunscreen.

kcashner said:
The KTTW is the only currency used except at the post office (where only cash is used).

I'm curious... does this mean Disney does not accept "cash" for anything on the ship? :confused3 Our cruise isn't until March, but WOW - I learn a little more here everyday!!! ;) So glad I discovered this board!!! :cool1:

The only place you'll be able to use cash on board is for tips. And even there, the only place you'll need cash on board is room service (and luggage handling, though you are off the ship when you hand over that cash). We tipped our servers and room steward in cash, but you can charge those if you wish.

If you are standing next to the bar really craving a beer with $100 in your pocket, you won't get a beer with the $100. (OK, maybe the bartender would sell you a $100 beer, but he isn't supposed to).

You are right in thinking that the only place on the ship that accepts cash is Guest Services. When you check in, you tie each KTTW card to a credit card (or other payment method.) You can use one card for the whole cabin, or a different credit card for each person--your choice. If you have children, once you are on board, you can choose to go to Guest Services to cancel their charging.

You can also indicate that you will be handling your account in cash or with Trav. Cheques and can place a deposit toward your onboard account.

From the time you board, only Guest Services handles cash. I have been told that the gift shops can accept credit cards, but have never personally tried this. It may become an issue when a spouse wants to buy a gift but doesn't want it to appear on the cabin's account on the ship....

You will want a small amount of cash to tip room service ($1-5 depending on size of order is usually recommended on the board although DCL doesn't list this as an expected tip), the washers and dryers (quarters--there is a change machine in the laundry that sometimes works, GS can give change.) You may choose to tip your servers and room stewards in cash, although you can also charge these tips to your room account.

This is a sample of your KTTW card....the design has recently changed on it, but the function remains the same. You will use this card to purchase any items onboard, as your ID (in addition to a photo ID) when leaving the ship in ports, and as your room key. It is an integral part of your cruise so keep it safe and with you at all times!!!

http://community.webshots.com/photo/50699182/62247276zlTvJH

Note: it is the same cards they use at WDW....I wish DCL would get their own logo for the KTTW cards!!! They are the size of a standard credit card.

MJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter