• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help booking affordable trip to DW

lea8198

Earning My Ears
My mum wants to take us to DW Florida for 2 week holiday...trouble is the quote was too expensive :( Does anyone know affordable villas close to the resort? Cheap times to go? We were looking in early Feb but for all of us was around £8000 (pop century). We really want to go but do not have that much to spend. Anyone have any ideas or tips for a budget break? Thank you :)

Realize that right now, there are no promotions out for February so the prices will more than likely change.
There are several villas off site, and you can even rent homes that can hold large families.

Wyndham Bonnet Creek. It's not Disney owned but, it is in the "bubble":p They all have a balcany(which you won't get with on property unless you go deluxe), full kitchen, the resort has 2 lazy rivers, several pools, kids activities, etc. People love this place and there is a whole thread on the Orlando Attractions board. I am looking into this or Pop for us next year. I keep going back and forth between being Disney owned or not!:rolleyes: Vacation Strategies seems to be the cheapest route for most to rent but, I have gotten a pretty good quote from Vacation Upgrades as well. It would run around $120 per night for us here and we'd have all the space to spread out! We could sit in the living room or the balcany after the kids go to bed as opposed to being cramped in one hotel room(my kids are still young so this would be huge for me)! HTH!:goodvibes

just factor in a few extra costs if you are considering off-site (including bonnet creek):
transportation to/fro the airport (free DME for onsite)
transportation to/from parks and resort (free for onsite)
misc "resort charges"

else you would need a rental car (& gas), & pay parking daily fee at the parks (no parking fee for onsite)

go over to the UK forum (i'm assuming you are from there:)), and they can probably be much more helpful. disney often offers UK tourists deals that those of us in the states can only dream of :goodvibes

You can call Disney and get a quote for a Disney Good Neighbor hotel! They are much more affordable and you can get tickets as well just not DDP

Most will have free shuttles to the parks as well

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter