HELP - Boma Vs Cape May Breakfast Day of Switch

ArRzrbk

<font color=red>The Greatest Thing You Can Learn i
We have to switch resorts during our stay. I was thinking about having breakfast over at our new resort (BCV) the morning of the switch (7:30 AM), so we could get an early start to the day. Then I remembered we are having dinner there and another breakfast. So,...

I thought about having breakfast at our first resort (AKV). We will have eaten at Boma for dinner, but not breakfast. We'd be eating at around 7:30 AM and then going over to BCV to check-in. That may get us a late start to the day. Arg!!! I have no idea what to do. I have eaten breakfast at Cape May before, but I do not know if Boma's breakfast is different enough to warrant the switch. Any thoughts on this?

BTW... This advanced reservation system with virtually no possibility of walk-ins, according to what I've read, is rough on even the best planners. I am having a time with it, and I love to plan. Just an aside :surfweb:

Thanks so much for the advice.

I would do the Boma breakfast since you are already right at AKV. I would think it would be to stressful to get everything packed, call bell services and be at Cape May by 7:30 am. Or at least it would be too stressful for us!!

We have switched resorts several times during our stays and would have never made it to the new resort by 7:30 am. I think it would be nice to do the Boma breakfast, go back to room and make sure everything is packed up or already was packed and taken by bell services, just a last minute check thing and then you can be on your way to your park of the day or whatever your plans are.

When we switch resorts we don't check-in to our new place until the afternoon, bell services takes care of the bags, we have fun in the parks or whatever we are doing that day and then in the afternoon we check-in. I doubt if any rooms will be ready at 7:30 am for you to get into.

I would do the Boma breakfast since you are already right at AKV. I would think it would be to stressful to get everything packed, call bell services and be at Cape May by 7:30 am. Or at least it would be too stressful for us!!

We have switched resorts several times during our stays and would have never made it to the new resort by 7:30 am. I think it would be nice to do the Boma breakfast, go back to room and make sure everything is packed up or already was packed and taken by bell services, just a last minute check thing and then you can be on your way to your park of the day or whatever your plans are.

When we switch resorts we don't check-in to our new place until the afternoon, bell services takes care of the bags, we have fun in the parks or whatever we are doing that day and then in the afternoon we check-in. I doubt if any rooms will be ready at 7:30 am for you to get into.

:thumbsup2- I would agree. Definitely less stress. That way you can go to a park or whatever your plans are for that day and then check into BWV. You may not get a room until after 3pm.

I've done the Boma breakfast several times, and HIGHLY recommend it! Two times I didn't make ADRs until I got to the resort. It was just a last minute desire to eat there, and both times I was able to get a reservation for the exact time I wanted. Also, I've done split stays between AKV and BCV several times, and I find that those 2 resorts make a great combo for split stays.

We are also doing a split for the first time with BCV and AKV. We are excited to be at two of our favorite resorts.

Once, years ago, the resort got us a van and loaded up our luggage and family then drove us to our next resort. It was very nice but we were going from a regular Disney property, POR to OKW.

I would not try to make the move that early in the morning, it is vacation after all.

Boma has a wonderful breakfast buffet. Another option for your travel plans would be to look into Captain's Grille at the Yacht Club. They also have a breakfast buffet that's absolutely wonderful. It doesn't have characters, but we enjoy the food there better than Cape May Cafe. (Because it doesn't have the characters, it's considerably less expensive, too.)

For a check-out morning, I think you'd find it easier to have breakfast in the resort you're checking out of. There'd still be time after eating to go back up to the room before the 11:00 check-out time.

(Based on another thread, make sure you put your do-not-disturb sign on the door when you go to breakfast so Mousekeeping doesn't start cleaning your room before you've checked out.)

Another vote for the Boma breakfast. I have done it several times and it NEVER disappoints. All the usual breakfast stuff, plus lots of unique dishes related to africa.

I HIGHLY recommend the goat cheese scrambled eggs!

Another option - Kouzzina (at Boardwalk) has my favorite breakfast at Disney, and breakfast is my favorite meal to eat out! Might want to give it a try if you are in the Epcot resort area. :goodvibes:goodvibes

Another vote for the Boma breakfast. I have done it several times and it NEVER disappoints. All the usual breakfast stuff, plus lots of unique dishes related to africa.

I HIGHLY recommend the goat cheese scrambled eggs!

:thumbsup2

We love Boma breakfast! Would definitely be too stressful packing up and making it to BCV early that morning.

Thank you so much! I've got Boma and canceled Cape May. You all are the best!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter