Help - best dinner at AKL

PDXDuck

Earning My Ears
So we want to check out the Animal Kingdom Lodge as we almost booked it this trip so we decided to have dinner there one night. What is the consensus as far as best experience food etc between Boma, Jiko and Sanaa?

If it helps we have a 3.5 yr old who is an adventurous eater and eats most anything and a 6 month old baby who obviously won't eat anything at the restaurant.

Thanks!!!

With a 3.5 year old and 6 month old, I would skip Jiko. While you can get away with having little ones in some of the Signatures (i.e. CG, HBD, FF), Jiko is a much quieter restaurant.

While Kidani has the better lookout-point, IMO Jambo has more areas to see. I would also say Boma due to the wider variety than Sanaa.

I have to agree with OhThe Pain about Jiko.

Sanaa and Boma are a toss up for me. If you go early enough you can hopefully get a window table at Sanaa and watch the animals from there. We love the food there- it's our favourite 1TS restaurant.

But Boma will give you the advantage of a large choice of food, and we think it's one of the better buffets at WDW. Plus, since you will be at Jambo House, you will be able to spend time before and/or after dinner enjoying the public areas of the resort, as well as the outdoor animal viewing areas.

So we want to check out the Animal Kingdom Lodge as we almost booked it this trip so we decided to have dinner there one night. What is the consensus as far as best experience food etc between Boma, Jiko and Sanaa?

If it helps we have a 3.5 yr old who is an adventurous eater and eats most anything and a 6 month old baby who obviously won't eat anything at the restaurant.

Thanks!!!

Sanaa for good food and your kids will love getting to view animals while eating which will keep their attention. Go while it is light out and get a window table to see animals. If you go to Sanaa get the bread service.

Thanks guys - we're going to try Sanaa. We'll have to save Jiko until the kiddos are a little older it sounds like.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter