Help, Beach Club Villas

addidisney

Earning My Ears
Hello, I'm new!
I need help, I was put on the waiting list the first of Feb. for the beach club.Well, I just call recently and was told i was put off the waiting list. They said, I was put off b/c I was 31 days upon arrival. What should I do???
They said, call everyday! Is that true????? Please help me????? My dates are Mar.19-23

Thanks!
addidisney

Update-they put me on the waiting list 7 days til my vacation. Will it work???

The waiting list is standard 31 (?) days but you can tell them to extend it until the 7-days.

I believe the reason for this is that if you cancel a reservation under 30 days your points go into the holding account, not back into your regular account.

Thus if at 2-weeks a waitlist came through and the reservation was automatically made and you said it was too late to travel so had to cancel it, your points go into holding.

I think the way it works is the reservation is automatic. This grabs the room. DVC then calls to verify you still want it. If not then it is canceled and the next waitlisted person can get it. If it's 31 days out then your points are simply returned to you.

Thus the 31 day procedure.

When you extended it to go to the 7-day mark, I'm sure they told you that if it came through and you didn't accept it then those points would go into holding.

We had a hard to get waitlist last December that came through 3-weeks before arrival. (We already had a confirmed reservation at another resort (OKW) which I'm sure then became available for someone else. That's what they told me when I said to continue to run the waitlist all the way to the 7-days.

hi: at the 7 day mark, you will have to call every day to see if there is anything available. i think this is what we had to do when waitlisted for a 2br a couple years ago.

We are on the waitlist for March 27, and MS said NOT to make the ressie automatic because if it was automatically given to you then you don't get a phone call, you get the standard paper, and the points are automatically deducted. If you stay on the waitlist up to the 7 day mark, you automatically have those points go into holding if a room comes up for you. Sometimes, though, you have gone on the waitlist and said something totally stupid, like "give me any of the days that come up", and you don't realize that you would lose the points because you just told them that you would take a ressie with only the first and fourth days, not including the second and third days.:confused:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter