HELP! ASMu calypso pool closed. What can I do?

drutherford

Earning My Ears
Someone help!! I am going to WDW in 3 weeks and I just received a letter telling me the calypso pool is closed in ASMu while I am there. This also means the kiddie pool is closed and I have 2 small children who will only use the kiddie pool. I called and spoke to a guest service rep who was very rude and unhelpful. I am on a budget and staying in a family suite so I cannot change to another value resort and really cannot afford to pay the upgrade. Any help on how I can get upgraded for free or a discount on my already paid for trip? Can anyone help me????? Please!!!!!!!

they got 2 pools..and you can use the ones at allstar sports and movies ,,just a short walk..i do it all the time...and you can us your mug at any allstar resort if you take it to the other pool,the pool at allstar sports is the nicest..just came home from music on mar,2 and am going to sports in may ..ipool hop all the time just for a change.

Someone help!! I am going to WDW in 3 weeks and I just received a letter telling me the calypso pool is closed in ASMu while I am there. This also means the kiddie pool is closed and I have 2 small children who will only use the kiddie pool. I called and spoke to a guest service rep who was very rude and unhelpful. I am on a budget and staying in a family suite so I cannot change to another value resort and really cannot afford to pay the upgrade. Any help on how I can get upgraded for free or a discount on my already paid for trip? Can anyone help me????? Please!!!!!!!

Can you switch to another value resort? Maybe try calling again and ask to speek to the manager. Could be that you just got someone who was not very helpful. Maybe the next person you speak to will help more.

Good luck!

All Star Music is located between Sports and Movies.

Music is within easy walking distant of either of these resorts.

When staying at the All Stars you can use any of the All Star pools.That means 3 main pools ,3 quiet pools and 3 kiddie pools to chose from.

The All Star Movie Fantasia pool has Mickey.

The Calypso pool at ASMU has Donald Duck.

And the Surfs up pool at All Star Sports has giant surf boards.

Here are a few pool photos.

astar3.jpg

All Star Sports pool.

allstar-music2_lg.jpg

All Star Music Donald pool.

asmv20.jpg

All Star Movies Mickey Pool.

Have fun at Disney!:wizard:

thanks for the replies. My problem is my kids are very little and I do not feel like dragging them to another resort to go swimming. I do not see why I have to be completely inconvenienced by this at no cost to Disney. And, I cannot switch my reservations to another value because they do not have family suites. I think they should have to change me to a different resort suite at their cost not mine. Or at the very least discount me on my room. Because I had a suite booked they wouldn't even let me use any of the the discount rate codes. Boo-Hoo!!! This just really put a damper on my whole vacation and I am mad and upset.

This happend to us last year with All Star Movies. You have to call and request another resort. I had to work my way up from cm to manager. I was able to upgrade to PORFQ, I paid the difference. For some the pool being closed is not an issue. I did not want to have to carry six kids to another resort or area. It was better for us to just move. Good luck.

Thanks but I really cannot afford to pay for the upgrade, it would be $1800 for another suite. This really stinks!!!!

The thing is.. depending on where your suite is located.. it *could* be closer to walk to a pool at the resort behind you.. than the one at ASMu.

You *could* request two connecting rooms at one of the other value resorts. That wouldn't be much price differential from the suite.

And if you decide to stay put, the walk to any other other resort pools is hardly that big of a deal. A few hundred yards at best. I cannot emphasize enough that depending on your location, you might actually be closer to the pools at movies or sports than at Music. Or at least.. not any farther.

Let me put it another way.. the walk from the Country Inn to the food court.. would be LONGER than the walk from any of the main hotel buildings in the middle of the music complex.. to another pool. It's 5 minutes. Seriously.

Disney does their best to plan downtimes, but I read somewhere that there were some new public pool regulations that came down in Florida that affected a number of the Disney resort pools.

Think of it this way -- would you rather be swimming in a dirty, or not up to code pool?

Yes, it's unfortunate the kiddie pool will be down while you are there.. but a few hundred feet to the north OR to the south.. there are other kiddie pools which you can use.

Try not to let this ruin your vacation. Your kids will pick up stuff from you.. if you treat this as no big deal and roll with the punches.. so will they. Kids don't care if they have to walk a few hundred feet to another pool -- only adults do.

If you stop and think about it.. you can prvent Disney from ruining your vacation with this stuff.. by how you react to it.. and how you deal with it..

Stuff happens. If I were a parent I'd use this as a lesson for the kids; "Not everything always goes your way. Sometimes bad things happen. Its how you respond that makes the difference." etc.

Knox

thanks for the replies. My problem is my kids are very little and I do not feel like dragging them to another resort to go swimming. I do not see why I have to be completely inconvenienced by this at no cost to Disney. And, I cannot switch my reservations to another value because they do not have family suites. I think they should have to change me to a different resort suite at their cost not mine. Or at the very least discount me on my room. Because I had a suite booked they wouldn't even let me use any of the the discount rate codes. Boo-Hoo!!! This just really put a damper on my whole vacation and I am mad and upset.

:grouphug:

I'm so sorry. My suggestion is to request that your Family Suite be located in Calypso building #10 since that will be shortest distance to the pools at Movies.

It will only be about 5 minute walk .Closer than the walk from most rooms at the Mods to the pool area.

When the Movies pool was closed for an extended amount of time last year no dicounts or upgrades were given to any of the guests. The guests were just told they could use the pools at the other All Star resorts.

You children will love the kiddie pool at Movies!

Here are a couple of photos from allearsnet:

asmv30-1.jpg

asmv3.jpg

Here is a map of Music:

ASMusic.jpg

Here is a map of Movies:

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a175/minnie61650/allstarmovie.jpg
[mod edited: image too big to post.. but just click on it - CanadianGuy]

If you go across Melody lane to the Might Ducks section the main pool is just past Mighty Ducks.

thank you so much. that makes me feel better. The cm i talked to on the phone told me i could not walk to another pool at a value. she also told me the walk from one pool to another in ASMu was too far. I think she was CRAZY!!!!!!

thank you so much. that makes me feel better. The cm i talked to on the phone told me i could not walk to another pool at a value. she also told me the walk from one pool to another in ASMu was too far. I think she was CRAZY!!!!!!

It was my pleasure.

She just was not very knowledgeable I think.

As Linda pointed out.. that CM was mis-informed.

The AllStars are ALL very close to each other and the worst case scenario, a parking lot separates them.

Knox

If you are really that upset about it, why not look into getting 2 rooms at another value? Last September I went to WDW with my kids & my parents so there were 5 of us. We wanted to get a family suite at ASMu but it turned out to be significantly CHEAPER to get 2 regular value rooms than one family suite. I'm not sure what the current rates are for when you will be there, but it's at least worth looking it up and who knows, it might make you eligible for a discount. The family suites so far have never been eligible for discounts, because there are so few of them. But as everyone else here has pointed out, the All Stars are almost on top of each other and it really would be a very quick walk to another resort's pool.

I will also be at ASMu while the pool is closed - we plan to either visit the other pool or one of the pools at the other All Stars. We are also planning a day at a water park so we might not even need the pool.

Are you absolutely certain the kiddie pool is closed too? If it is anything like the ASMo resort, the kiddie pool is separate from the main pool, although it is in the same area. I have not received the letter that you got, but I have read online about the MAIN pool being closed but I don't recall it saying anything either way about the KIDDIE pool being closed too.

As for the CM you talked to, many of the CMs you get on the phone are not actually located AT WDW, so they won't know every detail (such as walking distances) firsthand. In my opinion, the most reliable source of information is to look online at trustworthy websites for up to date information.

You *could* request two connecting rooms at one of the other value resorts. That wouldn't be much price differential from the suite.
It would actually be cheaper.

We had a family suite at All-Star Music booked for last September. When the free dining package came out, our travel agent told us that "suites" did not qualify. Therefore, we booked two connecting rooms at All-Star Movies and were very pleased. The kids (two small children) were able to sleep and nap quietly in one room while my wife and I showered and got things ready in the other room. All in all, the two connecting rooms were cheaper.

I want to add the kiddie pool at All-Star Movies is great. As shown in the pictures provided by Minnie 61650, the kiddie pool has a wading part and then an adjacent part with a whale that contains fountains. The kids loved it.:thumbsup2

I also what to agree with the people who said that the walk between resorts is not far. We were in the Mighty Ducks section of All-Star Movies and were actually closer to the bus stop at All-Star Music. We took advantage of this a few times.:thumbsup2

I know how you feel:sad1: I found out about the pools three weeks ago and I have been calling everyday trying to get switched to another value resort because I have a two year old that I do not want to have to take to another resort to use the kiddie pool. I also have encountered rude CM's Telling me that basiclly I can deal with it (that is not a quote) I am still calling everyday hoping to be able to switch. I even got guest services on the line and she told me there was availability at the movies and pop but if I switched I would lose my AP discount. I to am on a budget and can not afford to lose the discount. I hope you have some pixie dust come your way and you get to switch resorts:wizard: But if we don't get to change resorts we will still have a wonderful time:cool1:

There's a really good chance that the CMs you speak with have... wait for it... never been to Walt Disney World. WE know things THEY don't, common-sense logistical things like "of course you can use other pools, in your case at either of the other two All Star resorts", which truly are next to each other - with Music in the middle, so you can go in either direction. Especially given that your children are young/small, as is apparently the two-year-old in the above post, chances are you'll be using strollers anyway. It's probably a shorter walk from All Star Music to another All Star than it is from the Magic Kingdom bus stop to the entrance turnstiles.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter