HELP!! Advise/Suggestions on airfare dilemma...

axelf63

Earning My Ears
A few weeks back I posted about an awsome deal on airfare I was able to snag with Northwest...as well as the awsome times we were looking for and to top it off it is a non stop flight...

Well guess what I recieved in the mail today...a nice little note from NW telling me that THEY changed my itinerary on the return flight...

My intentions and bookings were for the latest/last flight out of Orlando...the last one they had was at 730pm...now they cancelled that flight and bumped me back to 530pm...(which puts us in reality at the airport at 330pm, so we would have to leave the resort at 3pm...

I called NW and tried to get some information on what happened...I was advised at the time of booking that if "I" changed my itinerary there would be a $100 charge per ticket...now THEY change my schedule but offer NOTHING for compensation...what if this return flight was one I simply could not make....

The original representative I spoke with at NW was decent, while she could not offer an explanation on what happened "could have been the airport, FAA or who knows cancelling the flight" she was simply unwilling to offer me anything outright and basically washed her hands of the matter to a supervisor, even telling me that they could "change the itinerary again several more times and that I should check back often to see if the return flight has been re-instated"...

Something that "I" would have to do...after "THEY" changed my status/flights...

I ended up with a very kind supervisor...while he was unable to assist me with the later flight (it is simply no longer there...) he offered me to return the following morning at anytime I wished, or to completely refund my money (I think that is more unheard of...), then even offered me an entire week to compare flights/fares before I cancell...

My question is this:....WHAT SHOULD I DO?????????

It will be very hard to find other fares at $163PP/RT...and for just a few more hours at Disney?????

I am really bumming....

Look foreward to anyone's imput...

Thanks in advance!

Dan

I think that if you are still on the last flight out, you should take it. There is still a possibility that the original time will come back again. When are you going? Last year, I booked my flight early and the flight # and time changed like 3 times. When it was time to go, we were back to our original times again. These airlines sure know how to confuse us.:)

I think you should keep it. $163 is an awesome airfare and if you are only missing out on a few hours and still leaving on the (currently) latest flight they offer, I'd keep it. You never know, they might get the flight back.

The only thing you could possibly do, and I don't even know if they will do this for you, but call back and tell them if that later flight is reinstated, you'd like to be on that one. Hopefully they can flag you in their computer if that change happens.

zulaya's response is right, you will never find another ticket at those prices!!!!!Keep checking the airlines web site...for your return date and departure times, if you see a later flight posted, then you call them direct and "demand to be put on the later flight", with no change fee. The only hassle is checking every day on the web:( , but I wouldn't get your hopes up of them adding a later flight.:rolleyes:

I guess it depends on what you 're doing that last day. If it was just hang around the resort, a couple hours probably doesn't make that much difference. If you were planning an almost full day, whay not try priceline for a hotel at the airport (we got one the marriot for $40 total cost and change to the first flight out in the morning. Then you get an extra night for DD!

We are traveling in Spet. (17-27)...while I would like to stay that extra day that NW offered us, it just isn't possible....

After 10 days (I think that is long enough)...we are usually ready to come home...the money is all but gone...the kids have been out of school at the start of the new school year and I have a partner back at home who has been kenneled for close to 2 weeks (I am a police K9 handler) that will be more than ready to tear the place apart to get out of "jail"....lol

We have a friend sthat works out of Atlanta for Delta...while she is unable to provide us those "inside employee deals everyone seems to hear about", I have contacted her to see if things are expected to change with them and possibly find something which could bennefit us...I am not holding my breath with Delta though as it appears they are not budging on their prices...

Most likely I will call NW back and ask if they could flag the account requesting to be replaced on the last flight if it returns...I realize the fares are excellent, and for the extra money it is just not worth it....

Yesterday when it happened & after the call panic sets in, then anger....you think that things are "all set" and there comes the monkey wrench into your plans...and they say this could change 2-3 more times before we go???

Since I have had time to cool & think about it I realize that staying on this flight will most likely be the best thing...

Thanks to everyone!!

Dan

axelf63, I feel your pain - believe me. I booked tix on a charter airline for my Dec trip. Now it looks like my flights are completely cancelled for my dates. Strangely enough I had to go thru 4 reps and 2 supers to find that out and that supposedly they are going to call me soon with the details. I guess we are supposedly being accomodated on NWA.

I like having all my ducks ina row, too. I don't know when my NWA flight times will be, although they better be similar or I will be on the phone immediately getting it fixed. My whole trip is planned around those flight times.

It sucks the way the airlines jerk you around with these time and flight changes.

Hey Dan, I just wanted to say "hi"....it's Christina from the Titanic board ;) ........fancy meeting you here!!!!

We will be at the Polynesian June 5th through 12th, too bad you won't be there at the same time, it would be nice to see you again!

Hope your trip is magical!

Christina

Christina,

"Isn't this where we 1st met?"

Sorry for the quote, was the only thing I could think of that was close...

Yes, funny seeing you here...looks like we will just miss each other at the Poly...have a great trip!!

Dan

Dan, if the rest of us midwesterners could get your airfare rate, we'd be jumping over the moon!

We are looking at MSP to MCO at over $300. For half that price, I'd take any hour of the day!

Have a great trip, and what breed doggie is your partner! Does she/he have a special vest to wear?

Our police dept doggies just received vests last year thru community children's donations.

You guys do a great job!

Herc.

Ah...Dan, always a Titanic quote for every occasion, eh? :D

Actually with a week at the Poly I'll be yelling out:

"I'm Queen of the World! Wooo Hooo Wooo Hoo!

Or we could ask:

"Will we be seated by class?"

He he.....

Talk about being nuts!

Christina

Hercamore,

I realize that I got a great fare, as a matter of fact I checked on it and it is no longer being advertised or online...

I have a German Shepherd that was imported from the former Chec Republic ...he is a good boy, all be it a little too high drive....

And yes, he does have a bullet proof vest to wear...something that he hates horribly....just unnatural for a pooch to wear...

Thanks for the compliment!!!...we try!

Chris,

Sorry, couldn't resist the quote.....lol

I know what you mean about being seated by class, but then after it is over..."it's time to go back & row with the other slaves..."

Looks like we still have "it"...lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter