Help a Disney Newbie! :)

JnoMoremoney

Earning My Ears
Help! My husband and I are planning our first trip to WDW with our 2 young kids for April 2022. We need to make park reservations for the week and feel lost!

How accurate are those crowd calendars? For example, I just checked one and they recommend going to MK on a random Sunday but not on Monday. I would have assumed Sunday would have been a bad day because of Florida residents being there for the weekend. Maybe I'm missing something?

Calling all seasoned Disney enthusiasts, please teach this newbie! Give me all your tips and tricks to deciding which day you go where :)

Help! My husband and I are planning our first trip to WDW with our 2 young kids for April 2022. We need to make park reservations for the week and feel lost!

1. How accurate are those crowd calendars? For example, I just checked one and they recommend going to MK on a random Sunday but not on Monday. I would have assumed Sunday would have been a bad day because of Florida residents being there for the weekend.
2. Maybe I'm missing something?
1. They’re no better than a guess. (Especially now.)
2. Don’t worry about it. Make your plans the way you prefer.
You’ll have a great time!

And, welcome to the DISboards!

My best advice is to Start at the Magic Kingdom, regardless of what the crowd predictions say. I also advise that you listen to Disney podcasts. I think that's the best way to learn about Disney - especially trip reports from first time visitors. It's a fun part of the planning process and it really is valuable.

In the "olden days," many guests arrived at WDW on Sunday and started their park touring on Monday at MK because it's MK. Nowadays that's not always true. So as per PPs above, make your plans to suit your family!

Like the previous posters stated , no crowd calendar is fool proof. Also what is crowded for one person may be fine for others. Bottom line, don't go expecting to see and do everything. That simply will not happen. Just enjoy what you can do and like the rest of us, use the things you could not do as a starting point for planning on the next trip.

April 2022 is especially tricky. That year, Easter falls on the same week as multiple school district spring vacations. the Easter week will be especially busy. Easter week is always a busy time,, but added to the school vacation weeks for several areas and its crowd overload. if your plans are for that week please develop a strategy, make dining reservations early on, etc. And go with a positive attitude.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts