HELP! 1900 Park Fare

Herbord3

Mouseketeer
Well, I'm mother of the year. I just cancelled 1900 Park Fare for 6/10 and it was taken within 2 minutes. My daughter apparently really wanted to go there for dinner for the stepsisters. What are the chances of me getting a reservation for dining 6/9-6/11?? Do they do walk in's?

Don't feel bad! I did that once with Chef Mickey's, thinking we had done it and the kids wouldn't mind not doing it. I was wrong but they were fine.

I would say keep checking, even when you get down there. Since it's a credit card hold, you may see opening at 24 hours out.

Well, I'm mother of the year. I just cancelled 1900 Park Fare for 6/10 and it was taken within 2 minutes. My daughter apparently really wanted to go there for dinner for the stepsisters. What are the chances of me getting a reservation for dining 6/9-6/11?? Do they do walk in's?

Keep checking :) Especially 24 hours before as people will cancel as the time gets closer.

I just cancelled 1900 Park Fare for 6/10 and it was taken within 2 minutes.

Count your blessings! :rotfl2:

1900 Park Fare is one of those places that has very mixed reviews. I thought the food was just AWFUL (and I'm not that hard to please). The stepsisters et al were fun, but not enough to justify a meal that was THAT expensive and THAT bad.

Then again, some people go there and really like the food. Since you have your heart set on the character meal, I hope it works out for you. As pp said, persistence usually pays off. I've gotten lots of "impossible" ADRs in the past by checking back constantly until something opened up.

I agree with this. I thought the food was AWFUL!! Step sisters were a riot, but im still not sure its worth the money just to see them. Maybe its a blessing in disguise. ;)

If you really wanna go thou, keep checking multiple times a day online. And definitely check up to 24 hours in advance, even the day of. Never know.

Count your blessings! :rotfl2:

1900 Park Fare is one of those places that has very mixed reviews. I thought the food was just AWFUL (and I'm not that hard to please). The stepsisters et al were fun, but not enough to justify a meal that was THAT expensive and THAT bad.

Then again, some people go there and really like the food. Since you have your heart set on the character meal, I hope it works out for you. As pp said, persistence usually pays off. I've gotten lots of "impossible" ADRs in the past by checking back constantly until something opened up.

Have to agree! I'm an avid 1900 fan. We go every trip. However this trip was different. They apparently changed their menu a few weeks back. Not a lot on the menu that I was happy with. The saving grace was the mashed potatoes. Which for some reason were moved to the kids section. They are amazing but I'm not sure even they can justify the cost. We're doing crystal palace breakfast tomorrow and I know that has a much lower cost. Good luck!!!!

We love breakfast here and have an adult only trip coming up for our anniversary and booked breakfast for the lobster eggs Benny!!

ASMU/POR Dec 16-22, 2012 & CR Sept 8-15, 2013

. . . I thought the food was just AWFUL . . .

1) Agreed.
2) Breakfast is good- dinner is mediocre-to-poor.

Our Ratings of 1900 Park Fare (bfast / dinner): (rev 5/6/2013)
. . . food price value: C / C
. . . food quality: B / D
. . . food quantity per serving: A / A
. . . food prep speed: A / A
. . . food selection: B / C
. . . seating quantity: B / B
. . . seating comfort: B / B
. . . eatery atmosphere: B / B
. . . eatery convenience: C / C
. . . staff friendliness: C / C
. . . staff attentiveness: B / D
. . . character interaction: B / B

NOTE: The breakfast is actually pretty good among WDW character
buffets, which are known for characters and not known for food quality.
It is varied and the quality is well above average. Arguably only second
to Tusker House for character breakfasts. However, try to stay away
from the dinner as the quality is below average and easily termed
mediocre.
It is good to mention that character interaction is quite
good at both meals, and Grand Floridian surroundings are well above
places like Chef Mickey's.

If you don't want to eat there, but your kids really want the stepsisters interaction, I know they do meet and greets in the Magic Kingdom.

I'm not a meet and great expert by any means, but check out kennythepirate.com for an amazing list of where and when all the meet and greats happen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter