Hello_ First familiy vacation to WDW

Lupeix

Mouseketeer
Hi,
Just joined yesterday. We are going to WDW for the first time as a family in July. I love WDW, been twice, but last time was 10 years ago!
So I am really exited to go and take our 2 year old for the first time.
We want to take it easy, I am a big planner but DH is big on go with the flow, so we met in the middle.

The main purpose is that our toddler enjoys the trip, so any tips on doing WDW with a toddler are more than welcome. We are planning one day on the park one day of rest, we have a 4 day no hop pass
Trying to figure out how to fit a nap mid-day, or maybe some days we just hit the park before or after naptime.
Staying offsite, no budget got WDW resort, so not sure if going back to the hotel is feasible

Love the boards, any advice welcome !
I am so exited for our first WDW family vacation

Lucia

Welcome!

We traveled to WDW many times with our daughter during toddler years.

When staying offiste, many people will find a cool spot to hang out and try to get a nap or at least a rest. Here are some ideas for places:

The hallways of Innoventions in EPCOT - find a bench.
Inside The Land at EPCOT
A hotel near the Magic Kingdom - Contemporary has great areas
A hotel near Studios - Boardwalk lounge near lobby

Animal Kingdom - tough place

I think you have to let a child set the pace , if they need a nap let that happen and the down time will be good for you and DH as well . Maybe one of you can do something ( grab a snack or fit in a ride you like etc. ) while the nap is going on . Going back to your room may be too much of a pain, but still a nap can happen :banana: Go have fun but do go slow and take it all in through the babies eyes, down low and slow . :woohoo: . Rent a stroller ( instead of bringing your own ) they make a good place to nap and it is a lot less hassle. Love your time at WDW and enjoy your bundle of joy :love: .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter