Height Restrictions

albertro

Mouseketeer
How reinforce are the height restrictions. Don’t get me wrong but my son is 39” tall and he loves Spiderman. Since he needs to be 40” to ride Spiderman I’m planning to put big tennis so he can get in the ride. :confused:

Any commets will be appreciated. :earseek:

<Script language='Javascript'>var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);eval("var CDTDate" + rndNum + " = 'August 31, 2002 10:15:00 AM EDT';");document.writeln("<form name='CDTform" + rndNum + "' action='Javascript:void(0);'>");document.writeln('<font size=2 color=dark blue> </font><br>');document.writeln("<input type=text value='' size=40 name='WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII'>");document.writeln("</form>");if (theFunction) theFunction += "var d = new Date();";else var theFunction = "var d = new Date();";theFunction += "var c = new Date('" + eval("CDTDate" + rndNum) + "');";theFunction += "var diff = (c - d)/1000;";theFunction += "var days = Math.floor(diff / 86400);";theFunction += "var rem = diff - (days * 86400);";theFunction += "var hours = Math.floor(rem / 3600);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (hours * 3600);";theFunction += "var minutes = Math.floor(rem / 60);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (minutes * 60);";theFunction += "var seconds = Math.floor(rem);";theFunction += "if ((days < 0) | (hours < 0) | (minutes < 0) | (seconds < 0)) ";theFunction += "var out = 'We\\\'re outta here!!!';";theFunction += "else ";theFunction += "var out = ' ' + days + ' days ' + hours + ' hrs. ' + minutes + ' mins. ' + seconds + ' secs.';";theFunction += "document.forms.CDTform" + rndNum + ".elements.WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII.value = out;";setInterval(theFunction, 1000);</Script><br />

I hear if you stuff the shoes, this will help out on increasing the height. Just give him big shoes and stuff them and you should get that extra inch! :D

Don't feel bad for asking this question. My son(40 ") wanted to ride everything he saw. He couldn't ride a few things, but he did get to ride Rip-saw falls (his one BIG WISH and with Daddy holding on to him). They just didn't ask to measure him much.

If he gets measured the first time don't give up. You might have success next time. My son had loads of fun at both Universal parks in spite of his height.

PS. That Unicorn mini coaster is WAY rougher than Spiderman and they let all the little munchkins on it!

They are not as strict as Disney. My youngest was not quite 36" and they let him on the Unicorn and Woody Woodpecker roller coasters. If he is an all around tiny kid, I might worry about trying to make him look taller and safety issues. If he is a pretty sturdy thing I don't think thick shoes are going to affect his safety. Legs are all different lengths. The ride is not that rough. I think part of it is the scariness. Throw a baseball cap on his head, too!

I thought Spiderman was 42 inches... I may be wrong though....

Here it is direct from the www.universalorlando.com site.. under Height Restrictions

At each UNIVERSAL Orlando attraction location, signs post specific height requirements and warnings for certain medical conditions. Children under 48" (1.22 meters) must be accompanied by an adult at all times.

All shows accommodate guests with disabilities. The outdoor-stage shows have reserved areas clearly marked by signs displaying the International Symbol of Accessibility. For more information, please click here for our online Guide for Guests with Disabilities.

At Universal Studios®, children must be able to sit upright unassisted on all rides. Guests under 40" (1.02 meters) tall may not experience Back To The Future The Ride® and must use the stationary seating at The Funtastic World of Hanna-BarberaTM. Guests must be at least 36" to ride Woody Woodpeckers Nuthouse Coaster and 42" to ride Men In Black: Alien Attack.

Due to the nature of the attractions, expectant mothers are requested to avoid riding Back To the Future The Ride®, Earthquake® – The Big One, Kongfrontation®, Jaws® and use the stationary seating in The Funtastic Word of Hanna-BarberaTM and Terminator 2:3-D Battle Across TimeTM

At Islands of AdventureSM children must be able to ride upright unassisted on all rides. Persons under 54" (1.37 meters) may not ride Dueling DragonsSM or The Incredible Hulk-CoasterSM , those under 52" (1.32 meters) may not ride Doctor Doom's Fearfall, those under 42" (1.07 meters) may not ride Popeye and Bluto's Bilge-Rat Barges, those under 44" (1.12 meters) may not ride Dudley Do-Right's Ripsaw Falls, those under 42" (1.07 meters) may not ride Jurassic Park River AdventureSM and those under 40" (1.02 meters) may not ride Amazing Adventures of Spider-ManSM. Guests must be at least 36" to ride the Flying Unicorn coaster. Pteranadon Flyers is designed for children 36" to 56" tall. Adults over 56" must be accompanied by a child meeting this requirement. Due to the nature of the attractions, expectant mothers are requested to avoid riding The Incredible Hulk Coaster, Spider-Man, Doctor Doom's Fearfall, Dueling Dragons, Jurassic Park River Adventure, Dudley Do-Right's Ripsaw Falls, Cat In The Hat, Storm Force Accellatron, Flying Unicorn or Popeye and Bluto's Bilge-Rat Barges. We have provided comfortable areas where you may wait for your party.

I guess I was thinking Men In Black.. that is 42".. I know we are measuring my DD weekly to make sure she "gets" in....

Thanks to all of you who reply to my concern. And I just want my son to experience Spiderman The best ride ever. I will still try to get him into Spidy and not all the other rides that I know he can't go in.

And I know that he just can't go on all the rides for his safety , and also I understand the rules because I have the anual pass and I do everything I can to visit IOA/USF as many times as possible in the year, but there are things that you do to make your kids happy, and this is one of them. :teeth:

Thanks again and wish me luck. ;)

Alberto :earseek:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter