• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Height restriction for Soarin'?

SamanthaL

<font color=purple>I got the cute kids AND <font c
I was wondering if there is a height requirement to ride Soarin'. I am pretty suremy DD will be able to do it if she was tall enough for Splash but I am wondering about DS. Also do you think there will be Fastpasses for it? I imagine it will be crowded.

According to Laughingplace.com there is a 42" restriction to ride at CA. I haven't been on it to know for sure.

T&B

SamanthaL said:
Also do you think there will be Fastpasses for it? I imagine it will be crowded.

Pretty sure Fastpass will we available. The DCA verison has it. :cheer2:

There is Fastpass at DL, as well as a single-rider line, which essentially is getting a special card to get on the FP line.

Ride spoiler below:

In case you're like other boards I go to and like spoiler zones, just in case you don't want to read about the ride.

The ride is my favorite. It's a hangliding simulator. You go in and it looks like a theater with three rows of something like 27 seats. You sit in these seats with your legs dangling, suspended from above. The ride begins and the seats are all raised into the air and forward into an IMAX dome. Between the seats moving with the motion of the camera and the wind and scents to go with the scenes, it's very intense. It was made for DL so all the sites are California-based.

I think it's opening in EPCOT at the end of May.

This ride sounds great! I'm sure it'll be a great ride for all of us, kids and all! I can't wait!! :Pinkbounc

tmfranlk said:
The Disneyland site says 40" as well.

I'd believe the DL site over laughingplace.com. Regardless, I guess Samantha's little guy won't be big enough. I'm bummed that it won't be open when we're down there and we don't have plans for another trip in the near future. :( We'll probably be in CA again before FL.

T&B

Your right T&B. Little Luke won't be tall enough. He would have loved it too. He did great on his first trip at 1 1/2!

Any chance of soft openings over Easter or is this time too crowded for them to do that? I think this will be our last trip for a long while (famous last words) and I was hoping to go on this.
:wave:

I'm hopin' it's open in March still. I was telling my travel bud about it and got him all psyched for it, only to realize it wasn't open yet!

I'd like to think they could soft-open it any old time. It's not like it's a brand new ride. I could see where they'd want to test it with weights though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter