Height - Mardi Gras Floats

dreamer

Mouseketeer
Does anyone know what the height requirement is for riding on one of the Mardi Gras Floats?

group03.gif

I believe it is 40".

guy.gif

Barry Hom
The moderator formerly known as Barry aka usagi
Moderator, Universal and Sea World Boards

My four year old who is about 38 inches, was able to ride the float for Halloween with her mom. They just said she had to have a seat belt on. Not sure if it's the same with Mardi Gras.

Out of curiosity, how were you able to ride a Halloween Horror Night float? Did you stand in the standby line or did you get special tickets?

guy.gif

Barry Hom
The moderator formerly known as Barry aka usagi
Moderator, Universal and Sea World Boards

My daughter was 4 and about 40" tall last year and they said she was too short. Again my 7 year old just made it and I had to tell him to kind of stand tall. Maybe it depends on whose boarding. Also I think it depends on the float. You are harnassed to the float and you sit on your knees (it kind of gets painful after a while when you are not used to it. My kids didn't complain.) and then they have to be tall enough to reach over the sides to throw the beads. At first they were concerned my children wouldn't be able to reach over but I heard the lady say that No this was a float that had the lower sides. And it was definitely not a problem. If I had a scanner I could show you some of the pics. We were on some kind of big fruit float. You also have someone who is like the guide of the float. Our girl was hilarious. She was definitely into it. You get to pick out what outfit you want to wear and a mask. Remember if you do ride the float don't throw them all in the beginning or you get some pretty angry looks at the end if you don't have any. I actually started throwing my own beads (they give you a whole bunch to wear in the beginning.) because I didn't want to disappoint the kids at the end. My kids had plenty to throw though because they couldn't throw as many at once. So I stole from them too. Oh I really hope we get to ride again. It is bringing back such memories. Well 1 month and 1 day to the big day. I keep checking the weather. Is it warming up? It seems to be.
Patti

Barry,For Halloween, Just as they opened, we stood by the main stage by the Horror make-up show. They announced on the stage to go over to the gates where the parade normally starts. They gave my wife and daughter a ticket,which said which float they would be on. If you were under 18, a parent had to sign a waiver. We tried it a week later, but missed the announcement. It was cute, they got to keep the masks and some beads. Backstage, the castmembers were great to our daughter. She loved it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter