• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Heather And Brandon Eat Disney

mcdee1980

Queen of Champagne Thursday!
Okay, so I'm actually starting this dinning report before we leave, on MONDAY!, so that I can fill you in a little on who we are:

Me: 27 yr old female New Orleans Bartender and dedicated foodie. I'll eat anything. I love food. I really love really good food. I'm also very, very picky about service, I work at a 4 1/2 star hotel. I have spent hours and hours planning the food for this trip. Brandon is just along for Mr Toad's Wild Ride. He told me, "You are the Disney Geek, you plan it." So I did and boy did I. We are also alcohol snobs, go figure, we live in New Orleans. I am currently 1/2 way through a bottle of Mondavi Cab that I got on sale at Wal-Mart for 9 something. Hey I'm on a budget--we're leaving for the World on Monday! Its actually not bad . . .lol

Brandon: 22 yr old gay male lead line cook at a 4 1/2 star hotel and dedicated foodie. He REALLY loves food. He's a huge amusement park fan, and has been to many, poor Navy brat. B hasn't been to WDW since he was about 3 and doesn't remember any of it, so I get to introduce him.

We both love food and like to drink, so we'll be sure to report on food, service, and booze quality. We love vodka, red wine, and champagne! As to our food preferences: I'm allergic to nuts and don't really like scallops. Brandon avoids calamari and lobster ( I don't know what is wrong with him.) Other than that we eat just about everything and are big on sharing. Oh come on I figured out the other day that we spend about 22 hours a day breathing the same air and we manage not to fight. We live together, work together, and hang out together . . . except tonight . . . he seems to have met a boy. Good for him! I know this is a family friendly board, but its a gay friendly board right?

Anyway, we, probably collectively, will be reviewing:
TS:
Spoodles
California Grill
Cape May Breakfast
Coral Reef
Rose and Crown
CRT Breakfast

My CS meals aren't set in stone but I'm thinking:
Sunshine Seasons
Flame Tree
ABC Commisary or Backlot Express
Columbia Harbor House or Pecos Bills
Earl of Sandwich

We also may be having dinner at the JW Grand Lakes our first night. I planned the trip, which you will eventually be able to read in my TR, so that we are flying in on the 10th and staying at the POP and then moving to the CBR to start our package. We both work for Marriott and B has lots of friends that work in Orlando, so we're hoping to hang out with them on our first night.

Our next two days will be spent cleaning house and doing laundry, so you probably won't hear from me again until after we get back, but now at least you know what the plan is . . . we tend to deviate from plans . . .

BTW we are on the DDP, I have already paid OOP for CRT and we will be paying for CG OOP. I figured out that it works out better to pay for that meal, with the changes in the menu, and use the TS credits for one breakfast and a dinner. We like to share and probably wouldn't use the DDP to our advantage at CG. I'm just there for the fireworks! Don't tell me I can't stretch a 7pm reservation until 9pm fireworks . . . we drink!

Welcome to the board! I look forward to your reviews. As a teen I used to live on the Gulf Coast of Mississippi and we would sneak up to New Orleans.:rolleyes1 Too sightsee, ya, that is the ticket!:rolleyes:

Hope you both have a fantastic time!:cheer2:

What a good idea starting your reviews before you go. I think I may do the same thing! I have less then three weeks now! :goodvibes

Have a great trip! You are going to have so much fun showing your friend the sites in Disney. I bet once your done with him, he will be hooked.;)

Not to rain on your party, but you may want to let him know that Mr. Toad's is no longer an attraction at MK. It was replaced with a Pooh ride (I believe).
That's correct. It was replaced with the Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh. That was in 1999 or 2000 I believe.

Hey all! We're back and I'm ready for my first review. I'll be quite honest. I didn't remember to take pictures at most of my meals . . . we we're too hungary all the time. We did a lot of walking . . . I'm not talking average Disney walking . . . the Heather fastpass plan requires criscrossing the parks all day . . . I'm talking 7-10 miles a day, maybe more.

Oh on a side note, I know Mr. Toad is gone, I'm boycotting Pooh, Toad was my favorite ride as a child, but children don't read Wind in the Willows anymore apparently and Pooh is Profitable.

As I said earlier . . . we tend to deviate and deviate we did . . . so I'll be reviewing:
TS:
Shutters, it was too much trouble to leave the pool bar to go to Spoodles
California Grill
Cape May Breakfast
Coral Reef
Rose and Crown
Cindy's Royal Table Breakfast
AND
CS:
Earl of Sandwich
Cantina San Angel
Flame Tree BBQ
Cosmic Rays
Pecos Bills
Casey's

Just as a note . . . there are a lot of big greasy lunches . . . this was a last hurah for two mildly overweight twenty somethings who are now both on diets. I'M HUNGARY!

Can't wait. I hope you guys had a great trip. Did Bradon catch the Disney bug?

Well . . . plans change and such . . .

Brandon called his friends at Grand Lakes a couple of times, but didn't hear back from them so we headed over to Downtown Disney for dinner. Our package didn't start until the next day, so no reservations and we paid for this one OOP.

We shared just about everything through this entire trip . . . we do that at home as well. So I ordered Beef 'n Bleu (roast beef, bleu cheese, lettuce and tomato) and a Mich Ultra and Brandon had the Original 1762 (roast beef, cheddar and creamy horseradish sauce) and a Sam Adams.

We split the sandwiches in half. Mine was good, but I think B's was better. The bleu cheese had melted slightly into mine and the lettuce and tomato were fresh--I just really liked the horseradish sauce on his--went well with the cheddar cheese. The bread is absolutely fantastic. The sides however needed some help. We picked up both a potato salad and a coleslaw to share. We added salt and pepper to both . . . and mustard . . .and the potato salad became passable, but the coleslaw is just too sweet. We should have grabbed bags of Ms. Vicki's Salt and Vinegar potato chips instead--would have been better.

P1000007.jpg

All in all we would absolutely do this again--the sandwiches are really good and really afordable. I'm not going to be able to do this for everymeal, but using various web sites I should be able to put together a price breakdown.

Beef n Bleu: 5.75
The Original 5.75
Coleslaw: 1.55
Potato Salad 1.55
Mich Ultra 3.75
Sam Adams 4.25
Total: 22.60 + tax= YUM!

Can't wait. I hope you guys had a great trip. Did Bradon catch the Disney bug?

Oh yes--literally and figuratively! He decided that next year we are staying for 10 days at the AKL . . . before we ever left the World! He's currently tucked in bed with the Disney flu . . . get rained on plus bus air conditioning plus little kiddies = Disney flu. Me . . . I got a Disney sinus infection--I'm medicating!

As a fellow foodie who's headed down to the World in less than two weeks, I'm looking forward to your reviews!!

Hope you both feel better soon...........

Oh yes--literally and figuratively! He decided that next year we are staying for 10 days at the AKL . . . before we ever left the World! He's currently tucked in bed with the Disney flu . . . get rained on plus bus air conditioning plus little kiddies = Disney flu. Me . . . I got a Disney sinus infection--I'm medicating!

AKL sounds so cool. I would love to stay there sometime. I get sick after every Disney vacation. I think by the time I hit the return flight I'm so run down from the planning, buying stuff, packing and going all the time in the world I am so run down. I'm usually sick for two weeks afterward.

Enjoying your review!!! I love the Original from Earl of Sanwich as well...yummmmmmy!!!!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter