Heat and attendance in June?

DW mouser

DIS Veteran
How hot is it in Florida the first week of June and are all the schools in Florida out yet? How are the crowds for US and IOA?

I'm not sure about Florida's schools but Georgia's schools let out on June 1st and the floodgates open about then.

As for the weather go to www.weatherplanner.com for that city and time and they'll give you an idea of the norms for that particular time of year..

-------------------------

MOM
Mother of Michael
Proverbs 3:5-6

hwink.gif

<font color=purple>Co-Moderator of the Community and Universal/IOA Boards</font color=purple

I believe Florida schools let out during the second week of June. It's been a while since I went to high school and we had to walk 10 miles through the snow to get there. :) No really, I will check.

guy.gif

Barry Hom
The moderator formerly known as Barry aka usagi
Moderator, Universal and Sea World Boards

Temperatures are mid 80's to mid 90's and afternoon short thunderstorms.

The first week of June is Gay week at Disney and the surrounding area. A popular event for the gay community and attracts 30-40 thousand people. However the crowds are spread out so it isn't too bad, except for Sat. June 2nd at the Magic Kingdom when the park will likley reach capacity early. My son happened to schedule his honeymoon during this week 2 years ago and he and his wife said that by avoiding the parks that had GAyday events scheduled for that day they said the crowds weren't that bad. Here is a link to this years gay week schedule. http://gayday.com/schedule/2001/default.asp

kid_wearingdadsclothes_lg_wht.gif

I'm just a Little Boy trapped in an Old Man's body.

We went in June last year. The heat a humidity were pretty bad, but not unbearable. There were crowds, but they weren't unbearable either. Some tips: ride the water rides! They are great for cooling down! Rather than eating breakfast at a sit down restaurant, wait and spend the money on eating lunch at a nice air-conditioned restaurant. ;-) The daily thunderstorms were wonderful. They cooled us off. Rides do close however, but just hit the shops at that time (or the shows). Either that or just sit down and rest! You'll still have fun, just pace yourself! Enjoy!

"The magic is as wide
as a smile and as
narrow as a wink, loud
as laughter and quiet
as a tear, tall as a tale
and deep as emotion.
So strong, it can lift the
spirit. So gentle, it can
touch the heart. It is the
magic that begins the
happily ever after."
THAT is Disney! ;-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter