Hearing those magic words.."Welcome Home" question!

supersuperwendy

any happy little thought?
We are about to take our first trip as DVC members and I can't wait to hear the words welcome home! Does this always happen at check in? Even if you're not at your home resort? Also..if you use online check in will you not get a welcome home?

Hi: When we rented a car and drove in, the Welcome Homes started at the resort gates for BWV, OKW, and VWL. With Magical Express, you may only get a welcome home upon check in.

More often than not you will get it at check in at all DVC resorts.

We have always got a welcome home at all of our checkin's. This is still the best feeling and really makes us feel like we have arrived:goodvibes

I have been DREAMING about this magical moment for many years now. And as it comes closer to actually happening (our contract is currently in ROFR) I think I will cry tears of joy when it actually happens. Has anyone ever done this (cry) so I don't feel so foolish when I do end up filling up with tears. We are actually planning a celebration party for ourselves when or if our contract gets passed. I guess you could say we are just a little excited.

DH wears a DVC hat when we are there and we get that "Welcome Home" from all the kiosks too ;)

From what we've seen, the security guards at the DVC resorts also say "Welcome Home". It really makes our day.:thumbsup2

Couple of weeks ago when I got off the ME at Jambo, I got a Welcome Home from several of the parking attendants BUT I also had my DVC tote with me. The CM that checked me in said Welcome Home.

When we've stayed at the GCH the first time on points, we got a Welcome Home from the parking valet BUT my DVC tote was again with me.

And yes I do sort of get weepy when someone says it, just reminds me why we bought DVC. Some will say that CMs say Welcome Home to everyone but I don't care. Just as long as they're saying it to me

When we've stayed at the GCH the first time on points, we got a Welcome Home from the parking valet BUT my DVC tote was again with me.

DH and I just stayed there last week. We got our "Welcome Home!" from the gal at the Security Gate as well as at check in. We had nothing but our reservation on points that would have indicated we were members ... however we *loved* hearing it!:lovestruc

Our minivan has the dark blue DVC Member license plate on the front of the car, so we usually get the "Welcome Home" from the guard at the gate. But you will hear it even if you aren't a DVC member at non-DVC resorts. They even say it on the bus.

Has gotten "welcome home" greetings at pretty much every resort, DVC or not, long before I was a member.

My DH and I were at AKL in January (not yet DVC members) and were given a big "Welcome Home." "How odd," we thought, "what was that all about?" Well, we quickly found out. We are now two months away from our first offical Welcome Home. It will be great!!

We usually hear it for the first time from the security guard at the gate. It always makes me feel like weeping.:love:

I remember hearing many Welcome Homes during my DVC tour before I purchased. I didn't realize exactly what it meant until I made my first DVC trip this past spring to SSR. The Welcome Homes continued from the second I stepped off the ME bus and throughout our trip. It was a nice feeling.

AKL last year no welcome home and yes I was disapointed. I know its stupid but I like my welcome home. BCV this year 3 welcome homes in 30 minutes.

I don't like to anticipate it. It seems nicer when you forget they are going to do it and you get your first one on arrival.

What I hate is that member services does it when you are booking reservations. Stop welcoming me home when I am not there! Makes it seem more like a company slogan (which I know it is) than a true welcome. It is not nearly as special as a slogan.

You do realize that they are saying this to everyone at every resort these days. Last two times we checked in at Pop Century we got "Welcome Homes". It is nothing special anymore.

It does seem to be the generic greeting given at WDW these days. However, that doesn't mean that it can't make me happy anymore.

The security guards are pretty good at saying it each time we drive in. Check in staff as well. Occasionally they forget, they are human. Try not to let it ruin your vacation. You will likely here it quite often during the course of your vacation.

We stayed at three resorts this year--all three without being DVC members. No one said Welcome until we decided to go see the Models at SSR. We showed the guard at the gate our DVC temporary cards and received our first Welcome Home. We received several during our walk around at SSR post the tour. It does make you feel special.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter