Health Questionnaire @ Checkin

jkrislc

DIS Veteran
Can anyone tell me what the health questionnaire asks when you check in? What are the specific symptoms that they ask?

I have a niece that is sick, although her pediatrician's office (nurse) says she'd be fine to travel as long as she doesn't have a fever in the morning. She also said that she's not contagious if she doesn't have a fever, but I find that hard to believe.

Any insight would be appreciated. They do have travel insurance and the doctor's office is willing to fill out the necessary claim forms, but her parents want to know how DCL handles the situation even if her doctor gives her the go ahead.

I don't know the answer but if time allows it might be best to give sclerosis a call and get it straight from the horses mouth "so to speak". Wishing them well!

It used to be a lot more detailed than it was on our most recent 3 or 4 cruises. Basically all they ask now is whether anyone in your group has had fever, diarrhea, or flu symptoms in the past 72 hours.

Diseases can be contagious without a fever! GI viruses are a prime example.

Things to consider would include whether you/they really want to spend their vacation quarantined in their cabin (in the event that she gets sick on the ship).

Good luck--and hope she's well in the morning!

Can anyone tell me what the health questionnaire asks when you check in? What are the specific symptoms that they ask?

I have a niece that is sick, although her pediatrician's office (nurse) says she'd be fine to travel as long as she doesn't have a fever in the morning. She also said that she's not contagious if she doesn't have a fever, but I find that hard to believe.

Any insight would be appreciated. They do have travel insurance and the doctor's office is willing to fill out the necessary claim forms, but her parents want to know how DCL handles the situation even if her doctor gives her the go ahead.

Personally, I wouldnt risk it. I would take the hit and use the travel insurance.

It used to be a lot more detailed than it was on our most recent 3 or 4 cruises. Basically all they ask now is whether anyone in your group has had fever, diarrhea, or flu symptoms in the past 72 hours.

Diseases can be contagious without a fever! GI viruses are a prime example.

Things to consider would include whether you/they really want to spend their vacation quarantined in their cabin (in the event that she gets sick on the ship).

Good luck--and hope she's well in the morning!

I did suggest that quarantining is a possibility and that they might want to cancel and make an insurance claim rather than trying to board. However, they have to get their doctor to "certify" that she can't go or have DCL explicitly forbid boarding for the insurance to cover it.

Personally, I wouldnt risk it. I would take the hit and use the travel insurance.

I agree as I don't want my son exposed, nor anyone else's child exposed. Doctor's office (nurse) seems to think otherwise, so they'll have to wait until the morning to get the doctor to state that she can't/shouldn't go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter