HDDR - one person can't make it

cruisin5

DIS Veteran
We arrive on Wednesday and are booked for HDDR during our stay. One person can't make the trip to Disney.

There is no availability for a Cat1 table for 4 people, we are currently booked for Cat1 for 5 people.

If i call will they let me drop one person from the reservation and keep Cat or will I need to pay for the missing person to keep Cat1?

Would rather not cancel then roll the dice to see if the Cat1 option re-appears.

Anyone run into a similar situation?

Thanks.

I would imagine you could keep Cat 1 and just drop someone though I'd call and pose it as a hypothetical to get the answer before you take the plunge. I did the opposite today in fact and needed to add 1 to my Cat 1 booking. Sadly this couldn't be done so we are now in Cat 2 but we did keep the same reservation number and initial booking date so hopefully we get a table on the first floor. Removing someone vice adding should be much easier

I would call. I just dropped someone off a Spirit of Aloha reservation which has the same type of seating categories and had zero problem dropping the person, getting a refund and maintaining our category.

When I looked this morning, there was Cat1 seating available so I booked it and cancelled the original.

Maybe I should have called if the booking date affects the location of the table....

When I looked this morning, there was Cat1 seating available so I booked it and cancelled the original.

Maybe I should have called if the booking date affects the location of the table....
It does. Tables are assigned based on the booking date. The earlier you book, the better your table

It does. Tables are assigned based on the booking date. The earlier you book, the better your table

I called this afternoon and was told the booking date is irrelevant, tables are assigned based on when the tickets are picked up. I questioned her "advise" and was assured the table was assigned based on when the tickets are picked up the tickets from the concierge.

I'm confident she is wrong, but not really anything I can do at this point. If we get an obstructed view I will make a stank. Other than that, I've learned and am looking forward to a great night.

I called this afternoon and was told the booking date is irrelevant, tables are assigned based on when the tickets are picked up. I questioned her "advise" and was assured the table was assigned based on when the tickets are picked up the tickets from the concierge.

I'm confident she is wrong, but not really anything I can do at this point. If we get an obstructed view I will make a stank. Other than that, I've learned and am looking forward to a great night.

You will have a great view, no worries. Sometimes with Cat 2 we have to scoot a bit when placed near a post, but I don’t believe Cat 1 has to deal with any of those.

I also believe the seats are assigned in advance, but, again, you will be fine.

Fwiw, I dislike being directly up front in Cat 1 and would rather be a few tables back (still Cat 1). Anyway, that’s just me.

Yeah, what you were told is wrong. It goes by the date you book your ADR. I wouldn't be too worried, you will still have a great view in Cat 1.

The last few trips, we booked HDDR Cat 1 right at our 180 day mark, never picked up our tickets at concierge and our table has been in the first 2 rows (depending on our party size), either at the stage or the next row. We have been picking up the ticket when we get there to check-in because we usually forget to go to concierge beforehand... so I can assure you, seating does not go by when you pick up your tickets.

Yeah, what you were told is wrong. It goes by the date you book your ADR. I wouldn't be too worried, you will still have a great view in Cat 1.

The last few trips, we booked HDDR Cat 1 right at our 180 day mark, never picked up our tickets at concierge and our table has been in the first 2 rows (depending on our party size), either at the stage or the next row. We have been picking up the ticket when we get there to check-in because we usually forget to go to concierge beforehand... so I can assure you, seating does not go by when you pick up your tickets.

Definitely agree with this. We did HDDR last year and I booked the minute phone lines opened on our 180 and we were in the very front row. We didn't pick up our tickets until we got to Pioneer Hall that night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter