Hawthorn, Peacock, or Portofino Suites?

tiggeroo42

Adult Dumbo Rider
We already have reservations at Candy Cane in June, but we've stayed there so many times, I wouldn't mind staying somewhere new--especially in a suite. Any thoughts on these three choices, or should we stick with Candy Cane? Thanks! :)

JiminyCricket.gif
<font face="cac one seventy"><font color="green">"...always let your conscience be your guide."
<font face="cac one seventy"><font color="blue">
WDW: December 2000
Disneyland: 1981, 1984, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1992, 1995, 1997, 1999, 2001

The only one of those three we have tried is the Peacock suites. It was pretty nice, but a little too far away from things (restaurants, etc.) The shuttle was ok. I prefer to stay in walking distance or a little closer to DL. The last two times we have stayed at Marriott Fairfield Inn and walked over the DL in about 10min. We have also tried the Westcoast Anaheim which is tons nicer than the Marriott, but a little farther down Harbor. Good Luck

Hi,

I haven't stayed at Peacock, but I've stayed at Hawthorne, and it was nice and roomy - there were two adults and three kids in our group. It was not as "central" as Candy Cane, though, so I had to use our rental car for going to get fast food or whatever...but we were quite happy with the room. The suites are set up similar to Embassy or Quality Suites in that the living room has a sofa bed and mini fridge and microwave near the TV set, and there is a separate bedroom (with an actual door) separating it from the living room. One bathroom. There was a small weight room and a small gift shop, and the front desk staff was quite helpful.

We had a coupon book rate of $49, which was a huge bargain since we had 5 in our group, and that includes the free hot breakfast. We bought our Disneyland passes at the front desk; at the time (last year) they were giving 3 days for the price of 2.

I have seen a $69 rate for Hawthorne on the internet lately. It is definitely worth that price. It was very clean. There is also a pool and jacuzzi. Security was good, also, in that you needed your card key to enter the elevator going up to the rooms.

Have a *magical* trip!

Thanks Langella and Gracie. Gracie, that $69 rate is what is making me have second thoughts about Candy Cane. Our rate is $108 there for a deluxe room, but $69 for a suite sounds so much better. We'll have our own car, so it won't be a problem driving around (we never walk around Anaheim at night anyways :eek: ). I also saw an internet rate for a Kids' Suite at Portofino for $129, which I thought was a really good deal. That one supposedly has 2 bedrooms. Has anyone stayed there?

JiminyCricket.gif
<font face="cac one seventy"><font color="green">"...always let your conscience be your guide."
<font face="cac one seventy"><font color="blue">
WDW: December 2000
Disneyland: 1981, 1984, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1992, 1995, 1997, 1999, 2001

Tiggeroo,

I agree with you about the cost! Frankly, for $100 or so, I don't want a regular motel room at the Candy Cane, despite its many charms. If it was simply for two people, it wouldn't be a big deal. But with children along, I NEED a suite so the kids aren't driving me crazy with the TV set and chatter. The time we stayed at Hawthorne Suites, I had ressies at Holiday Inn (using the buy 1 night, get 1 free coupon), and wound up cancelling on the way down in order to switch to Hawthorne.

Anyway, I have also seen the Portofino on the 'net and the suites look lovely -- ditto for the new Arabella (or is it the Anabella?) -- any comments from anyone would be sooooo appreciated for my next trip!

Have a great time!!!

GracieB

We are staying there in 2 weeks - will post a report when we get home.

It looks really nice and we got a good deal on a kids suite (we have no kids, but that's all they had left). For 3 nights and a 3 day pass to the park it was $570 tax incl. for 2 people. I think having 2 rooms is really nice at the end of the day.

Good luck,
Susan

We're did you get the package for the Portofino Hotel including the Park tickets? I saw pics of that Hotel and it looks lovely. I would consider staying there rather than a Disney Hotel, especially if we can get a suite w/ our 2 kids! Please let me know what the website or phone number for the package you got. Thank you.

Hi cforza

I got the package out of the AAA Southern California Tour Book. I booked it myself, but I always use the AAA book to check out the pictures & prices of the various hotels. If you are a member of AAA, just go to your local office and ask for the tour book (they have them from every state in the country). Best of all, they are free with your membership. You don't have to book through AAA to get the AAA rate.

The hotel looks really nice to me! They have a shuttle to the park but the front desk told me that it is within walking distance too. Their number is 800-511-6907 and they have different Disney packages that include theme park tickets. However, because this is not a Disney Resort, the tickets are not "hoppers" they are only good for one park per day. The packages don't list the prices for "kids" but I am assuming they would be cheaper. Package prices I am quoting here are for 4 people:

2 nights in a suite/1 day pass to a park $418
2 nights in a suite/3 day pass to the parks $678
3 nights in a suite/4 day pass to the parks $896

They also have room only rates - the AAA rate for the Kids's suite or the King's suite is $99.95 - $119.95 (They charge more June - August).

The ad says: "Kids get their own private bedroom with bunk beds, sofasleeper, microwave, bucket of popcorn, 27" TV, refrigerator and kid's activity table. The parents bedroom has a king bed with coffeemaker, 27" remote TV, iron/board, shower massager, hairdryer and two vanity areas."

I hope this helps you! Please feel free to let me know if I can help more!
Susan :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest