Hawaii Exchange

Smurf

Earning My Ears
I have heard a rumour there is a Westin Maui added to the Exchange list. Is this true?

If so, would you recommend adding the Westin to our September 2005 Exchange with the Sands of Kahana and the Maui Marriott Resort & Ocean Club which we have already put into the system? What would your first, second and third choice be if we receive a call?
We have 2 weeks put into the system for September of 2005.

DVC Members since 1992

We put in for an exchange for March 2005. Yes, the Westin was added as well as Embassy Suites. Both around the Kaanapali Area. We put them on our exchange list. We would be happy with either resort.

Given the high desirability of all the resorts you've put in for, I think my first choice would be the one that actually connects.

We've stayed at the Westin. It has a wonderful pool area, complete with waterfalls, multiple connecting pools, caves, and a long waterslide. The open air common reception areas area also quite nice, and the location on Kaanapali Beach is excellent.

The hotel is at least 20 years old, but it was still well-kept when we were last there. I'm sure it is still viewed as a solid 4 star hotel.

Are these new additions posted anywhere on the website? I don't see them listed.

I'm pretty sure the Westin is the new timeshare units not the hotel. We toured them last August and the resort is beautiful. The rooms are nicer than Marriott IMO but the resort location is a bit away from the action on Kaanapali.

We have stayed at the Maui Marriott which we prefer because its right in the midde of the action on Kaanapali beach. However the Marriott units only have limited kitchens and no in room laundry.

Sands of Kahana is a bit past Kaanapali.

I personally would rank it:

1. Marriott mainly for location
2. Westin
3. Sands

HTH

Thank you all for your suggestions!
This forum is great.
Look forward to planning our Exchange for 2005.

I would definitely add it. Order of preference would be the Marriott, Westin, Embassy and One Napili Way then a lower tier group that includes the SOK, Papakea and the Schooner last. But it depends on what one wants. The schooner is in a good location for sightseeing. ONW is a quiet condo set a few miles out of town. We stayed at the Westin HOTEL back in the early 80's when it was the Maui Surf and have very fond memories of it.

I need help!!! I put in for a Hawaii exchange back in November and am still waiting to hear back--it's been almost 4 months!!!

My brother is getting married the beginning of September and I would like to give him a week for his honeymoon and haven't yet heard from DVC. Here are his choices:

Kauai Marriott
Hanalei Bay (also in Kauai)

Does it usually take this long? He's planning on staying longer than a week and needs to plan, but this exchange hasn't come through and I don't know what to tell him!

Has anyone had experience exchanging with Interval International? What are the odds I'll hear from DVC anytime soon? Also, anyone exchange to Kauai that may suggestion yet another location???

PLEASE HELP...THANK YOU!!!

Originally posted by Minnie*Mouse
I need help!!! I put in for a Hawaii exchange back in November and am still waiting to hear back--it's been almost 4 months!!!

My brother is getting married the beginning of September and I would like to give him a week for his honeymoon and haven't yet heard from DVC. Here are his choices:

Kauai Marriott
Hanalei Bay (also in Kauai)

Does it usually take this long? He's planning on staying longer than a week and needs to plan, but this exchange hasn't come through and I don't know what to tell him!

Has anyone had experience exchanging with Interval International? What are the odds I'll hear from DVC anytime soon? Also, anyone exchange to Kauai that may suggestion yet another location???

PLEASE HELP...THANK YOU!!!
The odds are good for Sept but it may be later when you hear. He or you should make alternate plans.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter