Having to cancel our upcoming trip

CJK

DIS Veteran
I have to delete my counter. It's sooo depressing! Have any of you had to cancel trips? We have too many house projects to do this spring/summer and we've got a group trip coming up next year (all inclusive-type trip) so we can't do Disney as well. I know it's not the end of the world, but I can't help but feel sad. Dh thinks I'm being silly. Thanks for listening!

:hug:

We have not had to cancel and hope we don't ever!

Scratch
pirate:

We've never had to cancel, but we have had to postpone many times. Why don't you think of it that way and that it isn't so depressing.

Everyone here knows how you feel and we feel for you. Our DH's sometimes just don't get it do they.:crazy:

Here's looking forward to your next trip.

I had to cancel a trip last year...it was really tough for awhile. But by doing so I took care of what needed to be taken care of at the time and now I have 2 trips planned in the next 9 mths...things have a way of working themselves out

We had to cancel our January/February trip this year when our Christmas season at the store wasn't as good as we had hoped...it was pretty disappointing and depressing....Fortunately for us, we had some VERY good sales between Christmas and New Years and we were able to do a slightly revised trip to WDW:D

Sorry to hear that you have to cancel your trip...I can imagine how disappointed you are...luckily Disney will be there waiting for you and you'll get to go again. :)

We had to cancel our Sept trip as I am having a knee operation so I know how you feel it sucks.

:( sorry you had to cancel your vacation. Maybe you will be able to reschedule it again.

Sorry you had to cancel your Disney plans, CJK. :(

We haven't had to cancel any trips yet but I think we will have to postpone any trips for the foreseeable future due to a couple of factors. :(

My Dh is much more accepting of it than I am, but then, he can still golf all he wants here at home! :rolleyes:

I had to reschedule my May trip until October (maybe that will get cancelled too, who knows? :rolleyes: ). There were just too many things going on -- birthdays and weddings etc. So I know how you feel CJK :hug:

On the bright side, you've got a vacation (even if it's not Disney, it's still a vacation) scheduled for next year! And when you do go back to Disney, you'll appreciate it all that much more :p Plus, there will be a whole bunch of new rides ... Soarin' and Expedition Everest!

I'm sorry about your trip cancellation. You can always come here for sympathy - only true Disneyholics understand this. Like others have said, Disney will wait for you and there'll be more new things by the time you get there.

You're not being silly at all, CJK. It's a bummer to have to cancel a vacation.

On the bright side, you have one still in the works for next year, and just think how pleased you'll be when all the house projects get done! :)

I'm sorry you have had to cancel your trip, we have postponed ours and it is depressing! I did pick potential dates though so it was still something to look forward to!

@Canadave, what type of store do you have? We are a retail family, hubby is a jeweller and I own a bookstore. I know what you mean about Christmas sales last year we are delaying a trip because of low sales. It's been a hard winter for my little shop.

Thanks everyone! I knew I could count on my DIS friends to understand my disappointment. Thanks for your very kind words. You're right - I still have a different kind of trip to look forward to and when I do go back to Disney, we'll have a lot of new attractions to see. Thanks again!! :)

I had to cancel my trip to WDW in 2001. It totally sucked - it was the one thing that year that I was really looking forward to. Unfortunately, things come up, maybe not at the right time, but they can come up regardless. It's been almost 3 years, and I am finally taking that trip this September - the best part is, I am far more excited this time and cannot wait to experience all one more time!!
J:Pinkbounc :wave: :hyper: :bounce: :yo-yo: ::yes:: :wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter