having merchandise from the parks sent to the resort question

_anachronism

Earning My Ears
I'm sorry if this has already been brought up but I haven't been able to find anything on this. I'm staying at the All Star Movies and I remember once reading that when you buy something at the parks you can have it sent to your room. How does this work? :confused3

you can have purchased delivered to your resort's gift shop, it takes about a day.

nevermind, i was going to ask something but VAN already answered it. =) thanks so much!

I haven't done this in a few years, but when you buy an item at a park tell them that you would like to have it delivered to your resort. It will take 1-2 days to arrive there. They will either have you fill something out or ask you some questions so they can tag it properly.

Not sure if it is delivered to your room or to a central location (like the gift shop) at your resort for pick-up.

I know at Epcot you can have it delivered to the front of the park ... then just pick the item up on your way out. This is helpful if you are leaving the next day, but don't want to lug around your package. Here again, they will need 2-4 hours lead time to send the package to the front of the park.

Just ask at purchase what your options are.

we have used this service the last two years(dec 05 and jul 06). It is normally sent to the gift shop in your resort or if you are in concierge as we were; it is placed in your room by concierge personnel after receiving it from the gift shop

Just wanted to throw in my two cents worth here.

If you purchase an item at the theme parks, you can request that it be sent to your resort or to park package pickup. Your package will not be delivered directly to your room. You will not be able to have perishable items (any food item) sent either to your resort or to park package pickup.

You can have a purchase sent to park package pickup. Near each park's entrance, there is a location to pick up your packages. You must allow three hours for the item to make it to package pick up.

For example, you are at MGM Studios and purchase several items at the Muppet store. It is 5:00 p.m., the park doesn't close until 9:00 p.m. and you are going to stay until that time. You are eligible for park package pickup. But....if you purchase the item at 7:00 p.m., you will not be eligible for park package pickup. Also, if you were purchase the item at 5:00 p.m. but want to leave the park at 7:00 p.m., your package will not be ready for pickup by the time you leave the park.

Now.....if you want to have your purchase delivered to your resort, you can do this too. It normally takes 24 to 36 hours to have the package delivered to your resort's gift shop. Keep this in mind. If it is something you REALLY want to take back to the room with you (especially if it's a toy your child purchased), you need to either take it with you or, if time permits, send it to park package pickup. There will be a designated place within the resort gift shop to pick up your package.

When you purchase an item and you want it delivered, you will need to tell the store cashier that you want it sent to package pickup. They will ask if it is park pickup or resort pickup. They will give you a carbon form and you will fill it out appropriately. They will give you a receipt and one of the carbon copies. Hang on to these because you will be asked to show them when picking up your package.

Hope this wasn't too confusing and helps answer your questions. Lisa

If you purchase an item at the theme parks, you can request that it be sent to your resort or to park package pickup. Your package will not be delivered directly to your room. You will not be able to have perishable items (any food item) sent either to your resort or to park package pickup.

You can have a purchase sent to park package pickup. Near each park's entrance, there is a location to pick up your packages. You must allow three hours for the item to make it to package pick up.

For example, you are at MGM Studios and purchase several items at the Muppet store. It is 5:00 p.m., the park doesn't close until 9:00 p.m. and you are going to stay until that time. You are eligible for park package pickup. But....if you purchase the item at 7:00 p.m., you will not be eligible for park package pickup. Also, if you were purchase the item at 5:00 p.m. but want to leave the park at 7:00 p.m., your package will not be ready for pickup by the time you leave the park.

Now.....if you want to have your purchase delivered to your resort, you can do this too. It normally takes 24 to 36 hours to have the package delivered to your resort's gift shop. Keep this in mind. If it is something you REALLY want to take back to the room with you (especially if it's a toy your child purchased), you need to either take it with you or, if time permits, send it to park package pickup. There will be a designated place within the resort gift shop to pick up your package.

When you purchase an item and you want it delivered, you will need to tell the store cashier that you want it sent to package pickup. They will ask if it is park pickup or resort pickup. They will give you a carbon form and you will fill it out appropriately. They will give you a receipt and one of the carbon copies. Hang on to these because you will be asked to show them when picking up your package.

Thanks for the information! I didn't know about the park package pick up. I did the other sent to our hotel gift shop. This is great to know. How many times is it the last day of the trip and we buy things to bring home? Now i can just pick them up leaving the park. Thanks!

I always have lots of purchases and it's great not to have to lag them around all day. Park package pickup rocks! Lisa

Thank you so much for letting me know about park package pickup!! This is perfect because I'm hoping to get my mother her mother's day gift at Epcot but I don't want her to see it since she'll be with me at the time. :goodvibes

We go through Disney withdrawals our first week home from vacation. So...I buy everybody in the family a little something and I pull it out about mid-week. Package pickup is always a good way to hide those little goodies.

there is not resort delivery for packages the day before you check out

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter