Having a BLAST!!!! and losing weight......

dsnygirl2006

DIS Veteran
OK Guys, I was thinking their was a board for those that are wanting to lose weight, but I cannot find it, so I thought I would post here, I am trying to lose about 70 lbs for my September 2006 trip and I know I will need the energy to keep up with my 3 yo DS and I have done it all....pills, patches, new fads, videos, etc......however, I was watching an infomercial one night and saw this new workout that involves martial arts, dance and weight training, and I thought it looked like a blast, so I ordered it (which I have NEVER NEVER NEVER DONE) before, but this looked like so much fun and I received mine in the mail yesterday and OMG......It was 10:00 last night before I got home and settled and put one of the DVD's in and watched in and you CANNOT JUST SIT THERE and not do these workout's....IMPOSSIBLE......I have NEVER NEVER NEVER ever had as much fun working out as I did last night and I have already done two of the workouts this morning, I feel great, I struggled a bit, because I am overweight and I will have to build up to full speed, but I am telling you guys, if you wanna workout and HAVE AN ABSOLUTE BLAST YOU HAVE TO GET THIS.......THE MUSIC IS "OFF THE HOOK" and IT'S THE MUSIC THAT KEEPS YOU GOING, I HAVE NEVER SEEN ANY AEROBIC VIDEOS INCLUDE THIS KIND OF MUSIC, IT IS CURRENT, UPBEAT, HIP-HOP TYPE MUSIC AND SERIOUSLY I WAS BEAT WHEN I GOT HOME AND JUST WANTED TO WATCH ONE AND SEE WHAT IT WAS ABOUT, I COULDN'T STAY SEATED, YOU JUST CANNOT SIT STILL......I know I have read a lot of posts about weight loss on the disboards, but you guys gotta try this.......I am afraid to post the name of it, but it is called Turbo Jam....not sure if I was supposed to do that or not, but GUYS THIS IS NO WEIGHT LOSS GIMMICK, IF YOU DO IT, I TOTALLY KNOW HOW THESE PEOPLE HAVE LOST WEIGHT, I MEAN PEOPLE HAVE LOST 100'S OF LBS AND I KNOW WHY, IT BURNS LIKE FIRE, BUT IT SURE IS FUN!!!!!!!....SHE EVEN SAYS IF EXERCISE ISN'T FUN, NO ONE WILL DO IT AND SHE COMBINES DANCE, MARTIAL ARTS AND BUMPIN' MUSIC IN THESE VIDEOS.
JUST WANTED TO PASS ON, I SEE HOW PEOPLE HAVE FALLIN' IN LOVE WITH THIS, IT'S TOTALLY AMAZING, I CANNOT WAIT UNTIL TONIGHT TO DO MY CARDIO PARTY......FUN...FUN....FUN..... :banana: :banana: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Hey Dsnygirl!

I haven't tried TurboJam but I understand your enthusiasm. I was totally hooked on Taebo before I got pregnant with my DD. Now I am totally addicted to my treadmill & running. Anyhow, I wanted to say Hi. I too am from Tennessee (not originally though -- I'm a Yankee at heart). My DD is 3 and I need to lose about 60 pounds before we go to WDW in December. I have been battling this weight for 3 years, since her birth and my hormones are out of whack and my thyroid is messed up. UGH. Anyway -- I'm in this fight til the end -- don't feel like myself. Good luck!

One of the gals at my WW meeting is totally hooked on TurboJam too! I am going to have to try it. Glad you found something fun!!

Hey guys.
I know what you mean, I was actually at my lowest weight while I was pregnant and right after and THEN I gained weight... :confused3....go figure... :confused3 I only gained 9 lbs during my entire pregnancy, but I was unable to eat because everything I smelled upset my stomach, so I lost quite a bit during the first 3 months.....however, yea my entire family is from upstate New York and southern California.....but I live 15 mins. outside of Nashville.......Turbo Jam rocks it really does, I LOVED Tae-bo but I am a dancer so this really fits me perfect.

Dsnygirl2006

I'm kinda close to ya -- Jackson right on Henderson Co. line. I am from Pittsburgh PA, detoured in Oxford MS to pick up a DH then somehow ended up here.

Oh Yea, you are close to Union University in Jackson, my sister went there.....we live in Hendersonville, in Sumner County... :cool1:

You have motivated me. I just order Turbo Jam. I should have it in 5 - 7 days. I have been looking for something to do at home to add to my curves.

I forgot to ask.....
:confused3
How difficult are the moves? I have a lot of weight to loss and hope that I will be able to do the workout.

jillyjoey said:
Dsnygirl2006

I'm kinda close to ya -- Jackson right on Henderson Co. line. I am from Pittsburgh PA, detoured in Oxford MS to pick up a DH then somehow ended up here.

I just wanted to jump in here and tell you that we must live pretty close. I live about 15 minutes from Jackson in Henderson (in Chester Co.). My dh works for a group of radio stations in Jackson and has been a morning show DJ for about 15 years on one of the stations.

Anyway, I just wanted to say HI to my new-found neighbor!

Wow -- what a small world. Nice to see other West Tennesseans on the board. We have been in Jackson since 1995. It's pretty amazing how many people are on these boards. Last time at WDW, my DS had on his Diamond Jaxx shirt and about 3 families came up to us from this area.

To KathyFP.....the moves for me were not hard to do at all....you will get a beginner DVD that has Learn & Burn on it and it teaches you the basic 11 moves and then the burn part starts putting those together, but I jumped right in and started the 20 min. workout and I struggle a bit through that just because I do have a lot of weight to lose and I get out of breath, but this is the first time I have really worked out in over a year, so I am building up to it, it is a BLAST, I woke up so sore this a.m. just from doing the two 20 min workouts yesterday that I thought I was going to cry, but after showering I feel a little better, but guess what, I am so excited about the workouts I am about to do the Turbo Sculpt DVD with weights no matter how sore I am and I am going to do the Cardio Party tonight......fun, fun, fun....I am going to look so good when I am done with this.

jillyjoey said:
Wow -- what a small world. Nice to see other West Tennesseans on the board. We have been in Jackson since 1995. It's pretty amazing how many people are on these boards. Last time at WDW, my DS had on his Diamond Jaxx shirt and about 3 families came up to us from this area.

Yep, pretty cool. We used to go to Jaxx games quite a bit when dh used to announce there, but we haven't gone to any games in about 2 years or so.

I saw the infomercial this weekend and when she said you don't have to get on the floor to do exercises I was hooked. I am sad that I bought the TaeBo b/c I don't like being on any floor. My hips can't take it. So, I've done the first Bootcamp once and that's it.

I prefer 'dance moves' over military style. So, I guess I have learned a some what expensive lesson.

I can't wait - they said my turbojam is being shipped today. I should have it in a few days.

where did you get yours and how much did you pay?

I did a little research and I think you get a better value if you order the system through their direct website. Some Ebay sellers are selling part of the$60.00 (free) sets others are selling dvd's individually. It just depends on what you want. I think it can get pretty expensive if you want to get the whole system buying dvd's ind.

What do you all think?

Your Order information:

SKU NAME QTY PRICE SUBTOTAL
--------------- ----------------------- ---- ------- --------
TJDVDK10 Turbo Jam package + FRE 1 $59.85 $59.85
Turbo Jam package + FREE upgrade
to Express Delivery in Continental U.S. --
normally an additional $15.00 (3 payments
of $19.95)

-------------------------------------------------------------
Subtotal = $59.85
Tax Total= $0.00
Shipping = $12.95
Purchase Total= $72.80

This was the original purchase. I got a 15% discount when I called customer service.

Yeah!! It came today - unfortunately, I am feeling really tired and will probably not get to it until tomorrow.

i totally love turbo jam too. I love the music and the cardio party. I cant decide which cardio party i like better 1 or 2. even the 20 min vid gets you all pumped up. I love ana rita thats in the back. (she lost 75 lbs doing tj) Im going to order the next set soon.

I have the song from cardio party 1 stuck in my head. Where you do the "wheel" and then punches. I was at my grandmas on easter and kept humming it and kinda dancing around while cooking. My aunt ended up ordereing it that weekend. :) Turbo Jam is the best.

Hmmmm...I've got to look into this turbo jam thing :) . I just bought Curves Dance party, which is OK, I love tae-bo, but I'm not a huge fan of the boot camp :(

Thanks for letting us in on your little secret :)
Kelly

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter