Haven't been for quite a few years...various questions!!

MeeskaMooskaMickey

Mouseketeer
Like the title says we haven't stayed at the Paris resort for years..nearly 10 years to be precise! We are now looking to go again for a bit of nostalgia and thinking about the Christmas season as that used to be our favourite time to visit and wasn't too busy in November on weekdays. Is this still the case? Would early December also be the same?
Also we used to love staying at the official hotels, even the cheapest ones, but now they seem so expensive and don't include breakfast! If we were to book one of the partner hotels, which are the nicest for atmosphere etc? And then which would be the cheapest website for tickets? Thanks for your help!

Hi!

First off, with tickets, it depends on how long you stay! If you are staying more than a few days it may be worth paying for an Annual Pass (which sometimes works out cheaper than buying normal tickets) with this you can use it for the year (excluding some dates) and if you can find a sponsor you can also save yourself an extra 10% off annual pass prices!!

I wish i could help on partner hotels, but unfortunately i have always stayed on site, hopefully someone else can help you out (or have a quick check on TripAdvisor!)

I haven't been to DLP in early December for a long time, so cannot remember much. But googling looks like it may be busy depending on your dates, the 6th and the 8th (and sometimes the 7th) are busy as it's a Spanish Holiday! It does look like it's quieter after they leave (the start of the week will be quieter)

But for the xmas decorations, fake snow (or sometimes real snow!!) and the atmosphere, sometimes it's worth it being slightly busier. The good thing about staying on site means you can get EMH (Extra Magic Hours) and enter the main park before it officially opens to the public and squeeze in some rides! Also make the most out of Fastpasses!

:)

Hi!

First off, with tickets, it depends on how long you stay! If you are staying more than a few days it may be worth paying for an Annual Pass (which sometimes works out cheaper than buying normal tickets) with this you can use it for the year (excluding some dates) and if you can find a sponsor you can also save yourself an extra 10% off annual pass prices!!

I wish i could help on partner hotels, but unfortunately i have always stayed on site, hopefully someone else can help you out (or have a quick check on TripAdvisor!)

I haven't been to DLP in early December for a long time, so cannot remember much. But googling looks like it may be busy depending on your dates, the 6th and the 8th (and sometimes the 7th) are busy as it's a Spanish Holiday! It does look like it's quieter after they leave (the start of the week will be quieter)

But for the xmas decorations, fake snow (or sometimes real snow!!) and the atmosphere, sometimes it's worth it being slightly busier. The good thing about staying on site means you can get EMH (Extra Magic Hours) and enter the main park before it officially opens to the public and squeeze in some rides! Also make the most out of Fastpasses!

:)
thank you for all the great info!

Hi there - on hotels, I have stayed in the following off site hotels: Explorers, Kyriad, Dream Castle, Radisson. Of those I would definitely recommend Dream Castle for the theme (feels very Disney), the size and comfort of the rooms, and the breakfast. The shuttle is also very frequent. The Radisson offers great quality but I didn't think it had much atmosphere, and we ended up taking expensive taxis because the shuttles were so infrequent.
The Kyriad was fine for the one night stay we did but it was very basic, and I didn't like the Explorers at all - the common areas were nice enough but the room was dingy and didn't feel clean.

I just managed to get a really cheap room only deal for the Newport Bay on Expedia, and Cheyenne was even cheaper - might be worth checking as on site could end up being an option for you after all.

Hope that helps!!

Great news about Dream Castle! Staying there for 4 nights on our Honeymoon in May!

I really like the sound of the Dream Castle, you can get some good deals on prices for that hotel and it looks lovely. I'm just trying to work out if it is worth booking a stay there and buying park tickets separately? Because we've always stayed in Disney's hotels where park tickets are included, I'd forgotten just how expensive the park tickets are!

I really like the sound of the Dream Castle, you can get some good deals on prices for that hotel and it looks lovely. I'm just trying to work out if it is worth booking a stay there and buying park tickets separately? Because we've always stayed in Disney's hotels where park tickets are included, I'd forgotten just how expensive the park tickets are!

Have you looked at the APs? Does that work out cheaper?

We've stayed at Dream Castle, Magic Circus and Kyriad - I'd stay at Dream Castle or Magic Circus again without hesitation. Both great rooms, nice theming, and fab breakfast! Do you have children? Both the DC and MC had bunkbeds in the family room with curtains so the adults (and kids) could have some privacy. Worked well for our daughter as she could sleep without much disruption from us while we were sorting bags for the next day, or packing up.....

C x

Try shopping around for your park tickets - it might not be the case that the official site or gate price is the best option. When we visit next week, I've got my tickets already from an external site that had a better deal available, and I've done this before for both Paris and Tokyo when staying offsite.

Try shopping around for your park tickets - it might not be the case that the official site or gate price is the best option. When we visit next week, I've got my tickets already from an external site that had a better deal available, and I've done this before for both Paris and Tokyo when staying offsite.
Are you allowed to say on here what websites you are using? It would be really handy to know!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter