Have you heard of Adestinn?

Aristocath

DIS Veteran
So my husband's company, a very large organization, has offered employees a perk of joining Adestinn. It is a vacation savings plan that has a 50% savings match. So if you contribute $100, they match it with $50. Then you can use your savings at a number of large hotels worldwide. They offer the Hilton in Downtown Disney, for example.

I've done some research to see how this has worked for people but reviews are hard to find. Looking for anyone who has heard of this program or has experience with it. Thanks!

Reminds me of a "Ponzi scheme". That is just my gut reaction. Matching 50 to 100 sounds too good to be true to me, but I am a skeptic.

Can you call hotels listed, like Hilton at Downtown Disney?

I think I would go to the source, meaning hotels you want to stay at to see the what they say about the program.

I would fear there would be blackout dates and limited # of rooms available for people with this program.

In addition you might not be able to take advantage of other offers in conjunction with this program.

Anyway, that is JM2C. Happy Researching!!!!:wave2:

Yes, it's one of those things that sounds too good to be true! It is actually my husbands company that matches the funds so that is what makes us interested. There are no black out dates but we wonder if we will truly get the best available rate or if we pay amped up prices. I'll keep looking for reviews but thanks!

Yes, it's one of those things that sounds too good to be true! It is actually my husbands company that matches the funds ......

If it's your husbands company matching the money, why wouldn't they cut out the middleman and just write you a check?

Going thru another company to do this must cost them more.

The Hospital I work for uses this program as well. I am thinking of using it. I am understanding that it is just a travel corporation that provides travel options for business' employees. I found a review that said, 100% legit. I will call our HR dept and find out for sure, but I did sign up just haven't added any funds yet. There are no blackout dates, and yes Double Tree Suites and a few other Downtown Hotels are listed. I can contribute !00/month and end up with $1800 at the end of the year...not bad. We have several other "perks plans" through my company so I just considered it another perk.

Yes, it's one of those things that sounds too good to be true! It is actually my husbands company that matches the funds so that is what makes us interested. There are no black out dates but we wonder if we will truly get the best available rate or if we pay amped up prices. I'll keep looking for reviews but thanks!

I signed up but haven't applied funds yet, and I can look at prices put in dates of travel etc...and the rates seem normal to me. Double Tree Suites 2 BR was $139/nt for August ???

I think my concern would be that it would limit my options and that I'm very comfortable in being able to find really good deals on my own (such that I might save more than what was being added to the account). If someone is just going to book without any real "deal" searching on their own anyway though, it might be worthwhile.

I think my concern would be that it would limit my options and that I'm very comfortable in being able to find really good deals on my own (such that I might save more than what was being added to the account). If someone is just going to book without any real "deal" searching on their own anyway though, it might be worthwhile.

That is very true...I'm a deal seeker, so not sure that I would be interested. The "match" part would have to be greater than what I could "save" finding my own deals on my own...if that makes any sense. :) It's still a kind of cool option, I love the idea in general.

Despite what they tell you, your employer does not really match your funds.
Here's how it really works:

Your employer signs a contract with Adestinn. Your employer sells you on this new great benefit, as if they were paying money out of their pocket so you can take a vacation. Really? Wouldn't you rather they match your medical plan?

Adestinn acquires the hotel rooms at a 50% discount off the hotels Best Available Rate. This is the rate the hotels quote when guests need flexibility with cancellation and do not wish to pre-pay and do not qualify for discounts such as AAA, Senior, or Military Discounts.

You book through Adestinn, not the hotel. You can only book one rate for whatever room-type you need. You cannot book packages, discounts such as those outlined earlier, or anything other than the prevailing unrestricted rates at that hotel. Adestinn takes the money (some real, the rest Monoply Money) directly from your account and pays the hotel. For every two rooms Adestinn books and pays for, they get one free from the hotel. They then sell that free room to the next guest and pockets 100% of the money.

It's a scam in that your employer looks like the good guy by "matching" your contributions when it's actually the hotel footing half of the bill. Also, you cannot use it at just any hotel. The hotel must be signed up with Adestinn, so that will limit your choices in any given city.

What does it matter what an employer pays? :banana: As Disneyforus said above, the room prices are the same as the best price on the hotel's own website and there are no blackout dates plus a 50% match. I doubt it is as easy on an employer as Arlo suggests. If it were, it is such a great benefit, why wouldn't every employer offer it? I wish my employer offered it. :thumbsup2

I'm always curious about zombie threads that get attention from brand new posters. Doesn't inspire confidence in me for recommendations offered.

Paid reputation defenders are so prevalent, anymore. I wonder if the employers get kick-backs in the form of executive trips or travel perks. I did find that BCBS MN and Adestinn are both members of some benefits society in MN, so that's where that relationship was probably established.

Your $.50 matching "credit" expires after three years or if you withdraw your vacation money.

You can google Adestinn membership agreement to see all the terms. I wouldn't do it. I like to control my own fate and wouldn't have faith that they would actually have the hotel I wanted in their inventory.

I was employed with a company many years ago that offered a similar type of program. Internally it worked a bit differently, but thought it was worth a mention here. When I looked into the details, it seemed as though all of the available resorts were timeshare locations-- which is actually what piqued my interest, having seen some Disney resorts listed. You paid a fixed amount every month, and once a year you got a week at one of their destinations, based on availability. And, as a bonus, you got a gift card for GrandAir. (Don't know why I remember that name so well)

The deal, as best I could figure it out, is that they probably owned at a few resorts, and basically, just traded on II or RCI for reservations as requested. Not a horrible system, but at something like $200/month, wasn't exactly a super value either. And the air travel credit was only good through that particular reseller, at price points outside the realm of anything (Jetblue, southwest) I would normally purchase.

Without knowing much about the program offered in the OP, I'd be inclined to suspect it is probably not that great of a deal in the long run. As a PP pointed out, either the company is basically giving away free money, or else every other employer is missing out on a great opportunity to offer this as a benefit. I tend to doubt either extreme is the case.

How did this get resurrected? :confused3 We ended up not doing it because it just sounded a little too shady.

How did this get resurrected? :confused3 We ended up not doing it because it just sounded a little too shady.
I know its been awhile since you asked but I do Adestinn through my company Blue cross Blue Shield...I love it! it adds up so fast and from other above responses I don't care where the 50% comes from..was just in Minneapolis at the Marquette and was upgraded to the presidential suite. I used it in Des moines for a junior suite.. and I gave a room to my husband that is going to a vikings game in October plus you earn Hilton Honor points with each stay. and we are staying at the double tree 2 bedroom two bath suite with my mother in-law in january.. I would suggest this program to anyone.. I travel quite a bit and it has come in handy. Just started program in March been at BCBS 15 years and it has been available thought work for years ..I'm sorry I didn't join sooner..and they have different price rooms at each hotel.. regular room up to suite level for many of them ...I know you asked a long time ago but i just happen to see your question and all your answers were from those that don't even use it.

OOOO A Zombie thread.

4 out of 10 zombies didn't think they could afford to deposit any brains.
3 out of 10 zombies said that they couldn't see other zombies actually following through on matching brain offers.
2 out of 10 zombies said yeah. Good in areas without good brains.
1 zombie said he was starting his own version and asked if we'd like to make a deposit. So we got out of there in a hurry and ended the survey.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter