Have you gotten wisdom-teeth pulled?

taz

Bye
I am going to get them pulled sometime before Christmas.
I'm not to scared, just don't know what to expect.:confused:

Have you got them pulled? Did it hurt? Did you miss school?

I've never gotten my wisdom teeth pulled but i've had 11 other teeth pulled

my mom just had her's out a few years ago and she says it hurts but just the novacane (sp???)
but then when she got home the whole side of her mouth was numb and she couldn't really talk

it was kinda funny lol:lmao:

I got my wisdom teeth pulled last November. I had just turned 15 when I got them out so I was really young. My brother had gotten them out the year earlier when he was 17 and I don't remember when my sister got them out but she was passed out on the couch when I came home from school.

I was awake when I got mine out they just did novacane and some happy gas but I remember what the doctors were talking about. Coffee. They were talking about getting coffee.

It only hurts after the novacane wears off but after words you just take ibuprofen and stuff and it doesn't hurt that much. Just eat lots of jello and mashed potatoes because you can't really chew.

My mom told me that when my brother and sister got them out they were talking up a storm after because of the drugs but I was sitting quietly just wanting to go to sleep. I got home and watched tv after and then on Monday I tried going to school but it still hurt a little and so I went home early. That's the good part- missing school.

Yeah, I had them pulled out when I was 13. My dentist saw they were about to break through the gum so he didn't want them to get my teeth all messed up (my teeth are naturally straight, he didn't want me to have to get braces), so I had them pulled out.

I was out for the actual procedure, but afterwards it didn't hurt that much. I could barely open my mouth, and I could only eat stuff like yogurt or applesauce for like a week. I tried to eat mac and cheese and it was PAINFUL. :p

I also had bruises near my mouth from where they had to get 'leverage'... that was weird.

But yeah, you'll probably have to miss a few days of school.

Yep! I got mine pulled this summer and asked the same question. I WAS scared, and didn't know what to expect.

I actually healed quite fast. The procedure did not hurt (because I was drugged up). And it didn't even hurt afterwords. Take the meds they tell you to take BEFORE the novacane wares off, I didn't even feel the pain.

Mine bled for the rest of the night, after they were pulled, but were fine the next morning.

The only time my mouth HURT, was when I decided to have a sandwich about a week after surgery. The crust was to hard and it made my jaw hurt. (I think having my jaw open for so long during the procedure made it hurt.

Most people I talked to said I should expect to miss 2-3 days of work, so I put in for that time off. I actually ended up working the NEXT day because there was no pain.

Oh and after surgery I was VERY thirsty (probably something to do with working in my mouth) so my Mom had some water/jello ready for me to "eat." (more like slurp and hope it isnt falling out of my mouth, haha I was so numb)

Not my wisdom teeth but I have gotten a canine tooth pulled out. He numbed it and pulled it out. I wasn't asleep or anything. It didn't hurt at all.

I've had four teeth pulled, but they were towards the front.

I had mine done in January of 2006 -- junior year of high school.

I had an awful time. The procedure itself went well, but everything afterwards was complete h@ll. The medicine they give you for pain made me puke, which made the 'pits' as they call them, get super infected, and so my mouth was swollen for about 3 weeks, and was on antibiotics for that time as well. I lost about 15 lbs too. I looked terrible too.

The surgeon said my case is really rare, and so really you should have nothing to worry about. I know people who have gone to school the next day. You will be just fine!! :)

I just got mine done over the summer and it wasn't that bad. I went under for the actual procedure so I basically remember nothing of the day. All i could eat that night though was mashed potatos. The next day I ate Mac & Cheese and Jell-o and such. The only thing that is really a pain are the stitches. It really wasn't that bad at all.

WOn't hot stuff kind of feel weird in the "pits"?

It didnt really for me, and I had the soup the first night. (I did get mine out early in the morning though, listen to your doctor and eat at what time he tells you to) The thing about soup is its just like a drink, just put it in a thermos and sip it. You wouldn't have to drink it scorching hot, try warm soup, it will still taste good and it wont burn you.

Good luck!

It didnt really for me, and I had the soup the first night. (I did get mine out early in the morning though, listen to your doctor and eat at what time he tells you to) The thing about soup is its just like a drink, just put it in a thermos and sip it. You wouldn't have to drink it scorching hot, try warm soup, it will still taste good and it wont burn you.

Good luck!

OK thanks for the tips!:thumbsup2

never had any teeth pulled but my friend just had 6 teeth pulled out yesterday and she didn't go to dance class.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter