Have you ever witnessed anything on an airplane?

Sorry to hear that some people can't enjoy The Simpsons ride at Universal. That's one of my favorites.
Yeah it's sorta a bummer but I was "ehh" about the ride in general so even if I hadn't been so affected by it I doubt I would want to ride is often. I know my husband told me "we can skip it" when we go in September. It didn't affect him like it did me he just was "ehh" about the ride to the point where it's probably a 'time permits' at best. But you know different strokes for different folks for sure :D

It's been my experience with people's stories (not only from the DIS but from many other sources) that The Simpsons Ride is THE ride that seems to impact as far as motion sickness the most amount of people at Universal.

I'll add, since we're already totally off topic, that I wasn't exactly sad when body wars was gone. I remember many school trips in middle and high school where I'd try it and failed the puking experiment every time. I wish they'd do something with that pavilion, but yikes.

You could say the same thing about elderly people who can't lift their luggage to the overhead. Or even short people.
I am on the short size (4'8") tall and disabled so I guess I shouldn't have a carry on then? No way am I putting my electronics and my medication in a checked bag. We do check bags and pay for it but I'm allowed a carry on as well.
tigercat

I am on the short size (4'8") tall and disabled so I guess I shouldn't have a carry on then? No way am I putting my electronics and my medication in a checked bag. We do check bags and pay for it but I'm allowed a carry on as well.
tigercat
I'm sorry but did you read the thread at all? PP complaining that children should not have carry on because they can't lift them overhead and they cause a delay loading the plane. Why single out kids. If a kid can't have a carry on then he should feel anyone who cannot lift their carry on should not have them. Try reading back a bit. It helps to get the gist of the thread. Here - helped you

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It may be if the kids can't handle any luggage and the parent(s) are struggling to get everything aboard. It's no fun when someone is blocking the aisle or bumping luggage into other passengers. That may be the ideal situation for checking in luggage, but of course that costs extra these days.
You could say the same thing about elderly people who can't lift their luggage to the overhead. Or even short people.

Gracie It reads "You could say the same thing abou elderly people who can't lift their luggage to the overhead. Or even short people."
Thank goodness I am usually flying with someone who can help or better yet I have a back pack that can be put at my feet. I push it under until we are in the air and then use it as a stool. I push it back under the seat when we are landing. I can't reach the floor when sitting so it makes my back ache, so I guess I solved the problem. I can't get it up or down on the floor but again I always fly with someone who can.
tigercat

I'm sorry but did you read the thread at all? PP complaining that children should not have carry on because they can't lift them overhead and they cause a delay loading the plane. Why single out kids. If a kid can't have a carry on then he should feel anyone who cannot lift their carry on should not have them. Try reading back a bit. It helps to get the gist of the thread. Here - helped you

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It may be if the kids can't handle any luggage and the parent(s) are struggling to get everything aboard. It's no fun when someone is blocking the aisle or bumping luggage into other passengers. That may be the ideal situation for checking in luggage, but of course that costs extra these days.

I find the situation different when someone is perfectly capable of handling a few pieces of luggage, but chooses to bring far more than can be handled well. It gets even worse when it's one person expecting that a spouse will handle everything for a family of four. I've seen that.

This is all about choices. I don't believe anyone really chooses to be short, or chooses to get older. One can choose to pay for a cart or pay to check in luggage. I generally don't feel that others should be punished for another's bad choices.

Gracie It reads "You could say the same thing abou elderly people who can't lift their luggage to the overhead. Or even short people."
Thank goodness I am usually flying with someone who can help or better yet I have a back pack that can be put at my feet. I push it under until we are in the air and then use it as a stool. I push it back under the seat when we are landing. I can't reach the floor when sitting so it makes my back ache, so I guess I solved the problem. I can't get it up or down on the floor but again I always fly with someone who can.
tigercat
As my mother always says - if you look for insults you will find them.
Pp was complaining that toddlers had carry on luggage and clogged up the aisles as it had to be stowed. I simply pointed out that he could have the same complaint about short people or disabled people but he was complaining about families with children simply because they were children. If you want to be insulted by an analogy well then bless your heart and good day.

I find the situation different when someone is perfectly capable of handling a few pieces of luggage, but chooses to bring far more than can be handled well. It gets even worse when it's one person expecting that a spouse will handle everything for a family of four. I've seen that.

This is all about choices. I don't believe anyone really chooses to be short, or chooses to get older. One can choose to pay for a cart or pay to check in luggage. I generally don't feel that others should be punished for another's bad choices.
I guess I could say the same about people who knowingly overpack so as to avoid luggage fees and take up more room than allotted. That's a choice that effects others. Your choice may mean other now have to gate check luggage they may not wish to and that meet the size criteria.
But it's toddlers that cause problems.

I guess I could say the same about people who knowingly overpack so as to avoid luggage fees and take up more room than allotted. That's a choice that effects others. Your choice may mean other now have to gate check luggage they may not wish to and that meet the size criteria.
But it's toddlers that cause problems.

Toddlers? No. Parents? Yes.

As my mother always says - if you look for insults you will find them.
Pp was complaining that toddlers had carry on luggage and clogged up the aisles as it had to be stowed. I simply pointed out that he could have the same complaint about short people or disabled people but he was complaining about families with children simply because they were children. If you want to be insulted by an analogy well then bless your heart and good day.

Devil's advocate here, but I can see where she took it wrong. I thought your previous post was pretty rude and it wasn't directed at me.

ETA: not the one about it could apply to short people, but the one where you asked if she read it at all.

Yes. What toddler has final say over what they pack?
When my kid won't sleep without her bear and the other without her blankie. When they can have accidents that require clothing changes. When they have to be entertained for hours while remaining in a tight seat because you don't want to disturb other passengers so you pack their favorite toys and a few new surprises. And any medication they may have don't forget that.
That is when toddlers get a say over what is packed. But that really is a moot point because by buying the seat the parent has bought the ability to bring a carry on for that person in the seat. I could fill it with bubble wrap if I wanted as long as size regulations are adhered to.
And having received compliments from passengers about how well behaved my children are, including one flight where we were diverted after circling for over an hour because we were running out of fuel. Had to deplane. wait 90 minutes reboard and try to land again. Eventually landing over 4 hours after our scheduled time. Where the woman behind me said my two were better behaved than many of the adults on the flight, I think I may be doing something right.

Last edited:
When my kid won't sleep without her bear and the other without her blankie. When they can have accidents that require clothing changes. When they have to be entertained for hours while remaining in a tight seat because you don't want to disturb other passengers so you pack their favorite toys and a few new surprises. And any medication they may have don't forget that.
That is when toddlers get a say over what is packed. But that really is a moot point because by buying the seat the parent has bought the ability to bring a carry on for that person in the seat. I could fill it with bubble wrap if I wanted as long as size regulations are adhered to.

And again...pack whatever is necessary for the kid, but the bubble wrap thing is wrong and inconsiderate. Luggage allowance does not actually mean you've got to USE it.

I really am not attacking you personally. I am not even saying toddlers are solely responsible for hogging the overhead compartments. I'm saying that I've seen more than a few families with so much luggage that the one person actually handling it can't handle it efficiently or they expect help from flight crew and fellow passengers.

tigercat

The difference- between what you're talking about and what Gracie is talking about*- is that you have someone with you who can help or you pack it so that you can carry it yourself. You don't expect flight crew or fellow passengers to help you out.

*admittedly, I got no idea what Gracie is talking about. She seems convinced that I'm solely blaming toddlers for abusing carryon rules.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter