Have you ever stayed at the Polynesian Resort??

SeaSpray

Disney World fan since 1976
If so, then I'd love to hear about your experience. What I'd like to do is ask everyone who has ever stayed at the Polynesian resort to write up a quick review of the room they stayed in, and list the pros and cons to the location, what the room and building was close to, what was further away, and what their own personal opinions of the room and room location are.

Then I'll make a listing of each longhouse on Page 1 of the "New Polynesian Resort FAQ" thread, with links to the reviews. Pictures of rooms and room views would be great, too :thumbsup2

If you would follow this format, it'll make it easier for me to link your review to the correct longhouse:

Title: Name of Longhouse you stayed in

Body of post: Please tell about your experience, listing what you loved about the room and location and view, and also if you didn't love it. (hey, that's possible! lol)

Add in any pictures that you have. :3dglasses

PLEASE POST YOUR REVIEW OVER IN THE Polynsian FAQ thread (not here in this thread); here's a link to it: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1708173

The more reviews we get, the better it'll be for those people who are planning their first stay at the Polynesian, but also good for those of us who've been there before because we'll get to hear the pros and cons of the longhouses we haven't stayed in yet. :sunny:

Remember, don't post your review here (although if you do by accident, I will still link to it), please post it in the Polynesian FAQ thread :)

Thanks in advance from every Polynesian Resort fan!!!!! :yay:

Poly is by far my favorite. I think anyone who goes there will enjoy their stay. There is a certain magic there that there isn't anywhere else. My family stayed there repeatedly when I was a child. What great memories!:wizard:

We stayed at Poly in 2004 for our honeymoon. LOVE LOVE LOVED it. Tokelau - not too far from the GCH but far enough away not to have people trailing past all the time. It was near the quiet pool which meant we did not have the noise of the vocano pool. Kona cafe is great for breakfast lunch or dinner. Ohana is good too and now they have refurbed captain cooks we like it there. Great little selection of shops including the Bou-Tiki and of course on the monorail loop - 2 stops from MK. I would stay there every time if I coudl afford it.

I'm a Poly "virgin" so I will definitely write up a short review for you on my return in April!

Can't wait ... I've already started packing and literally dream about it!

:goodvibes

DH has always wanted to stay here so we did a split stay in Oct 07. We stayed at YC first so we were really spoiled with the quiet and the privacy that the YC offered. Poly was a nuthouse compared to that, people everywhere, noisy like you cannot believe. The pools were super loud (at the YC we had the quiet pool to ourselves). The 2nd floor of the main house was always loud and busy.

The room was nice but the bathroom was too small for DH, tiny bath/shower, only one sink and mirror. We booked a garden view and was placed in the Fiji building, second floor with a marina view. Very close to the main house.

If we go for a quick weekend we would stay there again but only if the price is right. For a week I would like a quieter location because then we would use the pool more.

Poly11.jpg

Poly10.jpg

Poly8.jpg

Poly7.jpg

Poly6.jpg

Poly5.jpg

Poly4.jpg

Poly3.jpg

Poly2.jpg

Poly1.jpg

We stayed in the Tahiti longhouse, mk view, 1st floor.

My kids loved, loved, loved this room! It was huge! We could walk right outside our room and relax in the hammock, kids could play in the sand, feed the ducks. It was so quiet. Its probably the furthest from the GCH (we were at the end closest to the TTC) but having stayed at the mods it wasnt that far by comparison and the landscaping is beautiful. I would stay here again in a heartbeat.:love:

Our family has stayed at Polynesian twice. Once in 2006 and once in October of 2007. Both of our rooms were in the Samoa building. Our room in 2006 was 3610 on the third floor facing the volcano pool. It was on the very end of the building and we could see EWP every night from our balcony. Housekeeping was good and we loved our view in 2006. Here is a picture of it.
64186c06.jpg

We decided to return to the Poly in October 2007 because we absolutely loved it. This time our room was 3611 across the hall from last year. We faced the quiet pool and had a view of the back of Hawaii longhouse. We couldn't see the quiet pool though has a huge bush blocked our entire view. So we didn't use the balcony. Also housekeeping was lousy and never got any better even when we complained on arrival day to the front desk. Lots of dust on the surfaces of the desk and Armoire and night stands. The bathroom could use a a scrubbing and the fridge was sticky and grose. Needless to say I was dissapointed, especially since we couldn't wait to come back again this year. We still had a good time and watched wishes from the beach and enjoyed time in the Volcano pool. Also we loved the newly remodeled Captain Cook's. 'Ohana and Kona Cafe are 2 of our favorite restaurants too. Samoa is right beside the Volcano Pool and the quiet pool is behind it. It is a 2 minute walk to the GCH with kids. Here are some pics from our trip. Our Room and view..
e02fef61.jpg

d2b451e5.jpg

My kids just loving the Poly!
24223535.jpg

434c0e8c.jpg

e491e055.jpg

Samoa Building and pool pics.
db18552e.jpg

f69df4cb.jpg

c4396839.jpg

Just added my reviews to your FAQ page, Terry. Consider this a bump!:jumping3:

I've stayed at the Poly only once, but I hope that that won't be the only time! I had put in a request for 3rd floor Raratonga, and was placed on 1st floor Tokelau. It ended up being a nice location. Very close to Captain Cooks, and not too far from anything. The patio overlooked the quiet pool, and was very peaceful. Plus we ended up just walking to the TTC when we wanted to go to the Magic Kingdom, we were so close to the path there. I wouldn't hesitate to request the Tokelau longhouse.

Tahiti, Magic Kingdom View Room

Stayed here numerous time over the past 25 years or so. Most recent times were the past 5 years. We always requested Tahiti Lagoon View and received rooms here on the first floor. The first floor is enjoyable for us because you can sit outside, stretch your legs and easily walk to the beach. It is fun to watch the ducks too. Sometimes the neighbors of your room are inconsiderate by making a lot of noise after 11 or midnight, but that will happen anywhere. The refridgerator is a bonus for beer, soda, juice, milk and cold snacks.

The newly decorated rooms are darker in contrast to the older rooms. Dark wood furniture and fixtures make the Tahiti Lagoon view rooms a bit dark during the day because the sun does not hit these rooms. They are beautiful otherwise, huge flatpanel tvs, and most rooms in this building have two sinks to make getting ready in the morning quicker for us. There are 6 drawers for clothing and two closets on either side of the fridge area. We put our pop up hamper in the one and clothes in the other. The rooms here a nice and large so the suitcases do not crowd you either.

We like how it is a short 5 minute walk to the TTC for quick access to Epcot. The GCH and Volcano pool are only about 5 minutes away as well. The laundry is a short walk near the bus stop, located in the Tangaroa Terrace & Neverland Club building. The entrance is near the bus stop side. There is a television in the laundry room to keep you occupied and the quiet pool is just 50 yards away if you want to lounge outside while you do laundry.

Captain Cook's is nice for a breakfast on the run, but we prefer ts at Kona. CC is also a good lunch place while swimming at the pool. The food and service are great at Kona. We do not go to O'hana's, so I cannot comment on the place.

We have never had a bad experience with the room or service at the Poly with housekeeping or room conditions. The rooms were always clean and well kept. If you have any more questions about the Tahiti building, just ask. Sorry I did not have pictures.

We stayed in room 3733 in the Tahiti building - 3rd floor, I beleive. This is a Magic Kingdom/Castle View room and it was perfect. There is a beach in front of the Tahiti building that is generally deserted. We bought a bottle of champagne in the gift shop and snuggled together in the hammock on the beach, drinking champagne and watching Wishes. It is also super close to the TTC so we walked there to take the monorail or boat over to the MK. Even though it is right next to the TTC, it is still very quiet. If we every stay at the Poly again (I would stay there all the time but the expense makes that impossible for us) I will definately request this room again.

Thanks everyone! :thumbsup2 I've linked all of the reviews from this thread, up to this point. You can find the Longhouse Index over in Post #1 of the Polynesian FAQ. :sunny:

We loved the exceptionally convenient location of Rarotonga. We were there with seniors with mobility issues who don't use assistive devices, so we were particularly making an effort to minimize walking distances as much as possible. We requested connecting rooms on 1st floor Rarotonga, and that's what we got, 1806 and 1807. We were facing the quiet pool, but couldn't actually see it unless we walked outside and looked toward the right. The patio of 1806 was wide open to the grass, while 1807 was partially obstructed by shrubs (you could step over the lower-lying shrubs toward the left side of the patio if you really had to.)

In the photo below, 1806 is in the center, 1807 is to the left.

0824_34.jpg

View from the end of the bed closest to the patio:

0831_03.jpg

View ouside looking slightly to the left, Niue, Samoa, Hawaii:

0831_04.jpg

You can see that the views were lovely, nothing spectacular. But we got exactly what we wanted, which was perfect location. We walked out the hallway to the right and were steps away from GCH. To the left, steps from the bus stop!

Hi all;We returned from our6th visit this past december. We really love this resort it has a really calming effect after leaving parks. The only thing I could comment on would be music,you can only hear it near concierge building. I walked over there to hear it play. I personally love to hear the music when we visit.:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter